Tell me your opinion of Champions of Norath on PS2

Goodtone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was thinking about buying Champions of Norath for my PS2 and was wondering what your expert honest opinions are....A friend told me it was like Diablo II and Baldurs Gate. I like those games but he doesn't. Is it worth picking up? Where's the cheapest price?

Wasn't this a forum for reviews? We need the Cheapy's game club back so we can talk about major release games like this...

But, in answer to your question, Champions is a great game. If you like Baulders Gate I or II, then you'll love this game. Same engine, same concept, longer game plus free online play. It's not as involved as the PC Baulder's Gate, it's basically just a hack and slash, but lot's of fun.

Definitely worth $20, which is what it's going for now.

This should be in the PS2 forum, methinks...

I think its definetly worth picking up, the only dowside to it, is that online is kinda buggy. I find that I get disconnected between when one scenario ends and another begins, so save often.

It seems a little rushed (plenty of bugs), but my girlfriend and I had a good time playing through it. It's also a little longer than it needs to be -- compared to Baldur's Dark Alliance 2, which is too short. The character classes are cool, the bosses will offer some difficulty, and you'll never be at a loss for money. Those last two points may either be pros or cons, depending on your tastes.

I think I enjoyed BG:DA 2 more, but Champions is still decent. I think you can find it for $15 at Circuit City at the moment. Should be $20 almost everywhere else. By the way, I never touched the online. Still looking forward to playing X-Men Legends (should get a copy next week), and just did a review for Bard's Tale (single-player Baldur's-esque parody) for an upcoming game mag.

When I tried to play this I had just finished Balder's Gate 2 and I couldn't get into another hack and slash thing. Plus I don't like the whole Everquest thing. But that's just me.

I didn't think it had much to do with Everquest, except that chick who's on the EQ box art. I'm not to familiar with Evercrack, though.

By the way, it's worth noting that the developer of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance developed Norrath, not BG:DA II.

I absolutly loved this game my first 2 times through it but then it got kinda old and then I started playing with the cheat codes and it got older faster... But I sold it for like $35 a while back :D

[quote name='bmulligan']So ViolentLee, how does the Bard's Tale compare to BG and Champions ?[/quote]

Bard's Tale is single-player for one -- no multiplayer. It's like a parody on those two games, so there's a lot more personality and some funny humor. However, I'm not too into the lack of equippable items, and some of the quest stuff is a little boring. It's pretty good overall, but nothing amazing.

For those who remember the old-school Bard's Tales, this is nothing like it.

Champions of Norrath on single player is a chore!

Seriously, you gotta play with some other people (notice i said people, one person is only a small step up)

also its 2,500kb cause of the internet stuff. seriously.

bread's done
Back