Hori Fighting Stick 3, is it PC compatible?

I'm considering buying the Hori Fighting Stick 3 since it's easily available at eb/gamestop to play fighting games through MAME since there are only two PS3 fighting games that will work with it right now. I was wondering if any of you have bought it and tried it out with your PC yet and your impressions of it.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes but you will need some drivers to get it to work.[/quote]

There are drivers out there are you saying people will need them? I know there are some for the SIXAXIS.

You need one for the Fighting Stick 3... and for the VSHG for some applications..

The HRAP3 works with MAME32 without the need for drivers.

Try holding down the home button for about 5 seconds.

Unless you're just looking for an answer to if it works, if so then the answer is yes.

I bought a FS3 recently... but it doesn't work on any of my PCs. It does the thing where it gets detected as "FIGHTING STICK 3", but doesn't respond under the Control Panel -> Game Controllers. People have been saying it's a driver issue, AMD/Intel issue, whatever... but it just seems it works for some people and doesn't work for others.

The FS3 works on my roommate's computer and my friend's computer. When it does work, you plug it in (no drivers needed), XP detects it, automatically installs generic drivers, and it's ready to be used.

From what I've experimented with, though, is it seems the FS3 likes nForce chipsets, which is what my friends had, but I didn't (I'm using non-nForce AMD and Intel computers). Just my guess, anyway. As for why this would make a difference, I have no idea. All computers were running XP w/ SP2.

So the answer is maybe... depending on your computer. If someone wrote a specific driver for the FS3 or found a way around the hardware specific barrier, they'd make me (and a lot of other FS3 owners on Google with the same problem) very happy ;-P

bread's done
Back