serious DDR skillz!

JEKKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was lookin thru my cd-rchives for rare music videos to make a channel with, and I stumbled onto this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD3JY67fuvw[/media]

10/13/01

I am surprised it has not been uploaded onto youtube already, of course that's where I come in!

of course it's only right that I share this!!

I am sure many ppl's opinions will differ, but I used to always look up to this guy back in the days

The umbrella thing was retarded. Other than that, pretty damn cool that he can do it without looking at the screen. A couple of times you can hear boo's when he gets a few steps wrong, but pretty good overall.

ahhaha, i thought it was you at first.

guyuk's other two routines were a lot better, imo.

i remember hearing my friends say that they went to a club with him and his crazy skills got him all the ladies.

Ummmm. Yeah. No offense of course, but I'm pretty deep into the DDR/Bemani community, so I like to think I have some authority on this matter, and I'd like to say that that guy is nothing special. Pretty good, but not a master. Being able to play without facing the screen (or to put it another way, memorizing the steps) is a common feat among experianced players. Furthermore, that is an easy stepchart he's playing.

Also, his theatrics are downright boring compared to freestyle legends like Jim the Fly, Nugget, and Phrekwenci (and they all improvise the theatrics, 100% on the spot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVjtIZco7Pc&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNBzwYdhsV0
This is scripted, but it's one of the better doubles routines ever:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132487
And of course everyone loves this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hz8gQlkiFA&mode=related&search=

Perhaps you should check out the videos at ddrfreak or something, if you really want to be impressed. And for that matter, check out the Pump it Up masters...

really all he did is memorized a dance routine. He was more into twirling and waving his arms around then playing the game.

Man, I'm not an authority on any of this crap, but that guy, compared to some of the stuff I've seen, is purely amateur.

I haven't seen any PIU videos, but saw someone playing doubles at an arcade.

It wasn't anything difficult, but just how PIU is laid out, it's really cool to watch anyway.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ummmm. Yeah. No offense of course, but I'm pretty deep into the DDR/Bemani community, so I like to think I have some authority on this matter...[/quote] Really.
Well, as far as I know, JEKKI and I were "deep" in the community in its peak around 2k/2k1. Back when it was cool and the community was all sorts of colorful characters. We even had a real Crip in the group.

Also, his theatrics are downright boring compared to freestyle legends like Jim the Fly, Nugget, and Phrekwenci (and they all improvise the theatrics, 100% on the spot)
Perhaps you should check out the videos at ddrfreak or something, if you really want to be impressed. And for that matter, check out the Pump it Up masters...
These people are supposed to be legends? I've never heard of them and from those videos, I don't care for them either.

Out of curioisity, I went to check the video section in ddrfreak. There's guyuk, under rhythm generation @ UCI and also under AI2. And look, he won 1st and 2nd in those tournaments, respectively! Wow, the same guy in the video JEKKI posted!

This guy puts your guy to shame though it isn't DDR (he's playing Pump It Up).

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3bzVFRrekc[/MEDIA]

[quote name='kainzero']These people are supposed to be legends? I've never heard of them and from those videos, I don't care for them either.[/QUOTE]
And I've never heard of this sucker. Oh boy, guess what, the entire Bemani community isn't entirely centralized.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']And I've never heard of this sucker. Oh boy, guess what, the entire Bemani community isn't entirely centralized.[/quote] But I digress. It isn't centralized now, but it WAS.

In the early days of DDR, there was nearly no domestic support. There was "1.5," but that was it. All the latest DDR mixes had to be imported from Japan. And of course, thanks to a little importer arcade known as Ultrazone, (later becoming Arcade Infinity,) Cali became the center of Bemani in the US. I've met people from Texas and Detroit that flew in just to play, even met some people at E3 who went to check it out. Most of Cali got later DDR versions because they bought it from AI.

Because Cali had all the latest versions, it established the scene first. Anyone interested from anywhere in the US on DDR had to get their info on the internet from Cali, from DDRfreak or visualshock/bemanix. As for guyuk, he won 2nd place at the second Arcade Infinity tournament in 2001, which was huge. It was the biggest tournament for DDR ever (50-60 strong for FS, numbers that would look good TODAY), and that was big news because the concept of tournaments for DDR didn't even take off yet, there was one every 7 months. Any FS video you grabbed back then from the US had to come from Cali because we were the only ones who had tournaments and posted videos.

These "legends" you speak of came way after guyuk, they're even playing on a freakin' MAX2 machine when we were playing on 4th+ and 5th. I've also entered some tourneys and after looking back on my videos, I'm pretty embarassed at how idiotic and stupid it looks (along with some of the other high-placing routines), so for him to actually have routines that STILL look good is saying something. People from other states used to complain if a Cali guy wanted to fly over to compete in a tournament, even if he wasn't that good!

I thought this routine of his was much better, although I think the camera angle just might be off in JEKKI's video.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMVTnUkWuU[/media]

Think about it like this,

when DDR first came out, dudes were practicing like hell only to slowly get better at skill. One of the legends, Jenith, gave the advice that you should never spend more than $5 on food so you will have more money to play. Or better yet, not eat at all.

Of course as time passes and more poeple get into it, it's much easier to catch on becoz the groundwork for improvement is already layed out. Noobies will have a better understanding of reading and adapting to step patterns, and freestylers already have all the groundwork laid out for them to make their own routines. For example this cat I knew, Mixwell, became pro perfect stepper in an instant! Just becoz he hanged out with a few locals that got him into it, they showed him how to do it and he aced it in no time.

Coffee, your dudes like jim fly and nugget are only following the formula that dudes like Guyuk, Lil B, chango, and others put out in terms of routine, improvisation, and shock values. When they were practicing freestyle and making routines, they were influenced by vids from ddrfreak and bemanix circa 01/02.

u kno what else makes Guyuk such an amazing player?? He only has 3 performances, Let's Talk it Over, Gotcha, and Baby Give me Your Love. Aside from the fact that he's smooth as hell, every time he touched the pad it was like magic. The way he feels the song and brings out an interpretation of it is incredible. If u guys are down for a more faster paced style, I suggest u look up his brother: dinkot.

here's his last routine:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTKPJeG_38[/media]

forgive the bad quality

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ummmm. Yeah. No offense of course, but I'm pretty deep into the DDR/Bemani community, so I like to think I have some authority on this matter, and I'd like to say that that guy is nothing special. Pretty good, but not a master. Being able to play without facing the screen (or to put it another way, memorizing the steps) is a common feat among experianced players. Furthermore, that is an easy stepchart he's playing.

Also, his theatrics are downright boring compared to freestyle legends like Jim the Fly, Nugget, and Phrekwenci (and they all improvise the theatrics, 100% on the spot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVjtIZco7Pc&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNBzwYdhsV0
This is scripted, but it's one of the better doubles routines ever:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132487
And of course everyone loves this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hz8gQlkiFA&mode=related&search=

Perhaps you should check out the videos at ddrfreak or something, if you really want to be impressed. And for that matter, check out the Pump it Up masters...[/quote]

A bunch of people waving their arms profusely to DDR doesn't constitute cool or anything resembling it. Meh. I didn't see what was so special. The one legged guy was alright though.

[quote name='Kendro']This guy puts your guy to shame though it isn't DDR (he's playing Pump It Up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3bzVFRrekc[/quote]

You and

[quote name='kainzero']But I digress. It isn't centralized now, but it WAS.

In the early days of DDR, there was nearly no domestic support. There was "1.5," but that was it. All the latest DDR mixes had to be imported from Japan. And of course, thanks to a little importer arcade known as Ultrazone, (later becoming Arcade Infinity,) Cali became the center of Bemani in the US. I've met people from Texas and Detroit that flew in just to play, even met some people at E3 who went to check it out. Most of Cali got later DDR versions because they bought it from AI.

Because Cali had all the latest versions, it established the scene first. Anyone interested from anywhere in the US on DDR had to get their info on the internet from Cali, from DDRfreak or visualshock/bemanix. As for guyuk, he won 2nd place at the second Arcade Infinity tournament in 2001, which was huge. It was the biggest tournament for DDR ever (50-60 strong for FS, numbers that would look good TODAY), and that was big news because the concept of tournaments for DDR didn't even take off yet, there was one every 7 months. Any FS video you grabbed back then from the US had to come from Cali because we were the only ones who had tournaments and posted videos.

These "legends" you speak of came way after guyuk, they're even playing on a freakin' MAX2 machine when we were playing on 4th+ and 5th. I've also entered some tourneys and after looking back on my videos, I'm pretty embarassed at how idiotic and stupid it looks (along with some of the other high-placing routines), so for him to actually have routines that STILL look good is saying something. People from other states used to complain if a Cali guy wanted to fly over to compete in a tournament, even if he wasn't that good!

I thought this routine of his was much better, although I think the camera angle just might be off in JEKKI's video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMVTnUkWuU[/quote]

you win. Best DDR videos of the thread and way better than the other ones.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']A bunch of people waving their arms profusely to DDR doesn't constitute cool or anything resembling it. Meh. I didn't see what was so special. The one legged guy was alright though.[/QUOTE]

DDR isn't really set up for FS like Pump to begin with so that's why hiccuple. DJ 8-Ball actually managed to bust out a routine that looked like dancing and props to him on it.
As for going out to play DDR and shit Kain I flew from KS to Kali to South Korea, one of the reasons was to play 3DDX which absolutely STOMPS DDR and Pump in the FS aspect as well as having the K-Pop I wanted to hear compared to Pump. Ez2Dancer has some good music too and "Egyptian Dancer" from Lee Jung Hyun is great stuff. Also if you're a 90's Rap/R&B fan Ez2Dancer is right down your alley with songs like "Exist" by Gang Hip and "Southwest Cadillac".

man u're such a korean yo...

btw I'm still dumbstruck by how these jim fly & nuggets dudes can be considered legends... especially after re-watching their performances

I had to go thru my stash just now, u wanna see some real legends????

find yourself a copy of April 2001 Tips & Tricks (issue 74). I am sure you have heard of j-dogg, coffee, since your deepness in the scene allows me to assume you are a member of his site. But can you really call your friends legends in comparison to somebody like Kidzero???

and about checking videos out at ddrfreak, LOL!! my video is on there! I wont say which one tho...

I always thought there needs to be a sub-culture movie (kinda like You Just Got Served) about the underground DDR scene.

But I think the DDR craze is almost dead in Japanese arcades. Last time I was there I didn't see any machines. It's all Pop n' Music & Beatmania. Moving your feet is so 1999.

[quote name='JEKKI']somebody like Kidzero???[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! That's the name I've been looking for since 2001. I remember watching a video of him playing Stomp to my Beat and losing, but still being amazed at his routine. Anyone happen to have that same video? I'd be super grateful =)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I always thought there needs to be a sub-culture movie (kinda like You Just Got Served) about the underground DDR scene.[/QUOTE]haha this one dude, Axe, actually made 2 documentaries about the social aspects of california DDR scene. It's called 'Tampopo Arcade'

I only saw the 2nd one and it was very well made, altho very personal in regards to the specific issues and people the film focused on. I wonder how I can get a hold of the first one tho...

but yeay, DDR is dead in japan, same reason why it's dead here.

aTOH, u can see those vids on youtube, tho I dont think I have the actual files. My old computer only had a 3gb hard drive so I usually had to delete videos / mp3s once I got bored with them.

I remember the good old days, SoCal and San Diego was wild with DDR fever... that was so long ago... I remember the SHGL tournies, AI tournies, DDR Dragz(I judged for em lol)... that was so long ago...

It was something to do while waiting for your turn to play Tekken at the arcade... lol.

[quote name='JEKKI']man u're such a korean yo...

btw I'm still dumbstruck by how these jim fly & nuggets dudes can be considered legends... especially after re-watching their performances

I had to go thru my stash just now, u wanna see some real legends????

find yourself a copy of April 2001 Tips & Tricks (issue 74). I am sure you have heard of j-dogg, coffee, since your deepness in the scene allows me to assume you are a member of his site. But can you really call your friends legends in comparison to somebody like Kidzero???

and about checking videos out at ddrfreak, LOL!! my video is on there! I wont say which one tho...[/QUOTE]

"iD Peace B" and "No.1" from BoA as well as the two PSY songs. They also had "Passion" by Se7en on an upgrade which got me to pick up his second cd. Nuff said. Fun stuff.

Most of these routines posted are in tournament settings for freestyle... you win the tournament, you usually got at least $300, and the bigger tournaments actually gave out DDR machines which were at least $3000. So yea... they weren't just random kids doing this at the arcade. That would be kinda dumb, or at least... dumber.
[quote name='Sarang01']DDR isn't really set up for FS like Pump to begin with so that's why hiccuple. DJ 8-Ball actually managed to bust out a routine that looked like dancing and props to him on it.
As for going out to play DDR and shit Kain I flew from KS to Kali to South Korea, one of the reasons was to play 3DDX which absolutely STOMPS DDR and Pump in the FS aspect as well as having the K-Pop I wanted to hear compared to Pump. Ez2Dancer has some good music too and "Egyptian Dancer" from Lee Jung Hyun is great stuff. Also if you're a 90's Rap/R&B fan Ez2Dancer is right down your alley with songs like "Exist" by Gang Hip and "Southwest Cadillac".[/quote]DJ 8-ball is such a jerk in real life. I didn't even like his routine because he used edit steps and it wasn't as good as it should've been for an edit. The worst was losing to him. If I lost to someone cool then it'd be alright, but nah. Argh. =P

3DDX? Did you play at CyberZone in K-town in LA? I used to go there after school to play percussion freaks, hahah. And occasionally for my friends from school to laugh at me when I played DDR. As for FS, I think it's pretty much done... it almost always looks awkward, whatever dance game you play. Better to just join a hip hop dance team, I know a few people who crossed over into that, like Lil B =P

I tried watching some of the latest stuff and it doesn't even compare to the stuff in 2000-2002. I can always reminisce about the old days of Bemani in Cali because it was one of the coolest communities I've ever been a part of. I wish I still had my journals recapping the AI tournies and the Dragz tournies, they were some of the craziest experiences I had. I even wrote about the AI tourney in my college application essay -_-;

Dragz... hahah. I remember Lil B collapsed after his routine causing everyone to panic and call the paramedics. I remember the 2nd one too, 'cause I judged it for also =P Chang0 and DJ Trunks playing Butterfly with the crowd chanting the terrible lyrics was crazy. I don't even remember who won.
And man, that does take me back to the days, when AI had TTT! I didn't play it though, but man. That seems so long ago.

Man, I can talk about the golden era of DDR forever. I better stop.

And now that Sarang brought up BoA, man. She was so hot back then, I was so obsessed with her. Now she's not hot at all, hahahah =P

I disagree in terms of looking good on FS. If it's done right it's not hard. When I was over in Korea I saw these Korean girls doing Park Ji Yoon's "Sung In Suk" routine on D-Tech exactly which was cool. No kain I only played it in Korea. In terms of fun I like it better then both DDR and Pump.
With FS itself I think degrading it to songs which solely encourage breaking it's a mistake, Pump comes to mind here. I think they should keep more stuff that encourages Classical dancing as well such as "Flamenco" and "Sad Salsa" as well as newer stuff. Doing that and seeing people integrating breaking into it well would be a great idea.

Ray's Arcade was so packed during Dragz I, that shit was hot in there... and their Tekken Tag machine was gay... I'm happy I got to play with Dan for a bit though... lol.

[quote name='MarkMan']Ray's Arcade was so packed during Dragz I, that shit was hot in there... and their Tekken Tag machine was gay... I'm happy I got to play with Dan for a bit though... lol.[/quote] Man, everything at Ray's was crappy. My friend Jon used to complain all the time about how the owner kept talking and staring at him and his friends, and lying about how he ordered the latest DDR and IIDX stuff when he never did. I remember thinking it was cool that they had IIDX 7th, but that screen was impossible to read... I was so mad that I promised that everyone could punch me in the face if I ever went back, and so I never did.

Who's Dan? I think I know 2 Dans... is it that hiDDenRage guy?

I think I first met Orochi at Dragz, who 4-5 years later would get me into Tekken =P

[quote name='Sarang01']With FS itself I think degrading it to songs which solely encourage breaking it's a mistake, Pump comes to mind here. I think they should keep more stuff that encourages Classical dancing as well such as "Flamenco" and "Sad Salsa" as well as newer stuff. Doing that and seeing people integrating breaking into it well would be a great idea.[/quote] As far as DDR (I was never into PIU or anything else), the closeness of the steps and the small stage make it pretty impossible to do anything else besides either hiphop or pop dance. Plus the tournaments are nowhere near as good, so the motivation to do it isn't even there anymore.

Hahah, you want good theatrics? I always liked this routine. Gotta love racial overtones.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQndPf6TWN8[/MEDIA]

LOL~!!! I totally forgot about that!! but I wanna see his performance from Dragz.

he was always a real good player unlike me, I guess why we never saw eye to eye since I always like to argue and fuss, but he was also one of the only norcal people I ever spoke to.

Markman I didnt kno judged Dragz!!! I wonder if I kno u but dont kno it yet...

I also found this thread by chance today:
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119214

dinkot posting from last summer!!! omg omg omg~!!!

I'm feeling all nostalgic these few days, and I owe it to guyuk's routine

[quote name='kainzero']

Who's Dan? I think I know 2 Dans... is it that hiDDenRage guy?

[/QUOTE]

Dan, Tekken Dan..aka The_Chink... not sure if he had a DDR name... :p

I think he was with ChibiSparkle...

LOL~!!! I totally forgot about that!! but I wanna see his performance from Dragz.

he was always a real good player unlike me, I guess why we never saw eye to eye since I always like to argue and fuss, but he was also one of the only norcal people I ever spoke to.
I don't remember ever being able to find a video of Bran's Enter the Dragon routine. I also remember him doing it again during the AI gathering where Moondabor and Phoenix did Stoic. Hahah, the difference between you and him was that you were a way better dancer but you had no charisma compared to him.

You probably don't know Markman though, I didn't remember him at all, even as I try to fill in the judging blanks from Drags 2... Rurichan, Kidzero, PMG, Chronos maybe, me, Xaintrix, DDRDrags and SickazzSpanky, maybe Swynn? I forget all this. damn.

Markman: I don't think I met Tekken Dan at all, although I did meet Chibisparkle at one point and recall her having a Dan as a boyfriend. She ended up getting married to this guy in the DDR community and they both enlisted in the military. Cool stuff. =P

men dance??? how's this then:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyPGBd0wcDI[/media]

but the answer is easy, becoz we like to play, becoz we like the game. Becoz we wanna compare our abilities with others.

If you like wrestling, why do u like to watch big-muscled greased-up hairless men in tight clothing touch each other??

same w/ other sports. basketball, why do u like to see men jumping and running around each other? football, why do u like to watch dudes pushing and chasing each other? etc. etc.

anyway here's another GREAT routine, but the sound is horribly out of sync w/ the video. That sux coz a lot of the moves went so perfectly w/ the sounds:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Dls5CLzq4[/media]

this tied for first place, but the other top-ranked vid hasnt been uploaded, but the guy also performed this magnificent routine which I think is better:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGh1T4S-7CM[/media]

what tournament was that from tho??

[quote name='kainzero'] truth [/QUOTE]

DDR isn't the same anymore, when I started playing it was on imported mixes on a modded PSOne. There was no such thing as American console games or American arcade machines [just one shitty 8 song mix]

I used to play at DanceBeat arcade in Nashville, they had EVERYTHING: para para, dancemaniax, DDR, percussion freaks, guitar freaks..

Spekaing of Guitar Freaks, anyone else into Bemani sincerely -hate- Gutar Hero? I've only owned one PSOne guitar and an import mix, played the hell out of it, and I absolutely can't STAND guitar hero...Guitar Freaks is in a whole other class [and quite honestly the music is so much better]

And today's guys are losers, all a bunch of bar rapists who somehow think ITG is a better game than DDR...same goes for PIU [though PIU is 100000x better than ITG]

Now back in 2001..2002..around there..back then people could dance/play...DDR is dead and it shows.

[quote name='kainzero']Most of these routines posted are in tournament settings for freestyle... you win the tournament, you usually got at least $300, and the bigger tournaments actually gave out DDR machines which were at least $3000. So yea... they weren't just random kids doing this at the arcade. That would be kinda dumb, or at least... dumber.
DJ 8-ball is such a jerk in real life. I didn't even like his routine because he used edit steps and it wasn't as good as it should've been for an edit. The worst was losing to him. If I lost to someone cool then it'd be alright, but nah. Argh. =P

3DDX? Did you play at CyberZone in K-town in LA? I used to go there after school to play percussion freaks, hahah. And occasionally for my friends from school to laugh at me when I played DDR. As for FS, I think it's pretty much done... it almost always looks awkward, whatever dance game you play. Better to just join a hip hop dance team, I know a few people who crossed over into that, like Lil B =P

I tried watching some of the latest stuff and it doesn't even compare to the stuff in 2000-2002. I can always reminisce about the old days of Bemani in Cali because it was one of the coolest communities I've ever been a part of. I wish I still had my journals recapping the AI tournies and the Dragz tournies, they were some of the craziest experiences I had. I even wrote about the AI tourney in my college application essay -_-;

Dragz... hahah. I remember Lil B collapsed after his routine causing everyone to panic and call the paramedics. I remember the 2nd one too, 'cause I judged it for also =P Chang0 and DJ Trunks playing Butterfly with the crowd chanting the terrible lyrics was crazy. I don't even remember who won.
And man, that does take me back to the days, when AI had TTT! I didn't play it though, but man. That seems so long ago.

Man, I can talk about the golden era of DDR forever. I better stop.

And now that Sarang brought up BoA, man. She was so hot back then, I was so obsessed with her. Now she's not hot at all, hahahah =P[/QUOTE]

BoA not hot anymore? She keeps getting hotter, in my opinion. BoA has one tight little body..but I can see what you mean..lots of people were pretty worried about her a few months ago

2000-2002, I was never good enough and 10000000 miles from Calirfornia, but I used to watch every single tournament video and what not....I pretty much don't care anymore because it's so different these days....there's more people playing out there but the enthusiasm and performance just isn't there.

[quote name='sarausagi']And today's guys are losers, all a bunch of bar rapists who somehow think ITG is a better game than DDR...same goes for PIU [though PIU is 100000x better than ITG]

Now back in 2001..2002..around there..back then people could dance/play...DDR is dead and it shows.[/quote]

ITG's just different. If you're into FS and casual/for fun play, DDR is better. If you're into more difficult things and technical skill, ITG is better. Also, the song selections are just different.

Also, about DDR being dead. Konami was releasing DDRs on a pretty regular basis, but stopped after DDR Extreme. The next arcade version to come out was Supernova, which was about four years later.

[quote name='sarausagi']Spekaing of Guitar Freaks, anyone else into Bemani sincerely -hate- Gutar Hero? I've only owned one PSOne guitar and an import mix, played the hell out of it, and I absolutely can't STAND guitar hero...Guitar Freaks is in a whole other class [and quite honestly the music is so much better][/QUOTE]lol, I dont play either but the consensus appears to be guitar hero destroys freaks, even among bemani fans.

I'm surprised u guys had a place in nashville, but w/ a name like dancebeat I wonder if it was open jus for rhythm games, and if it's still open too.

btw what happen to Boa a few months ago?? did something happen???

I jus recently encoded "The Luv Bug" music video to put on my cell phone

[quote name='JEKKI']lol, I dont play either but the consensus appears to be guitar hero destroys freaks, even among bemani fans.

I'm surprised u guys had a place in nashville, but w/ a name like dancebeat I wonder if it was open jus for rhythm games, and if it's still open too.

btw what happen to Boa a few months ago?? did something happen???

I jus recently encoded "The Luv Bug" music video to put on my cell phone[/QUOTE]

Dance Beat was all rhythm games and a few fighting games, two stories, we had Para Para even...I think there was PIU, about 5 DDR mixes, all the instrument games, etc

Boa got terribly skinny a few months ago, near anorexic/bulemic, rumors of eating disorders or what not

[quote name='sarausagi']BoA not hot anymore? She keeps getting hotter, in my opinion. BoA has one tight little body..but I can see what you mean..lots of people were pretty worried about her a few months ago.[/quote] she's not even close to what she was. kimochi wa tsutawaru was when she mind blowingly hot. man. i can watch that video forever.

now she dresses all weird, doesn't dance like she used to, doesn't sing like she used to (she sings more ballads which i can't stand, compared to her earlier stuff which seemed more hiphop / r&b-ish), and worst of all:

http://fs1.us.cyworld.com/data1/2006/12/04/075/1165284075315790_file.jpg?617

that just about did it for me. she's too old for me now.

[quote name='battousai1002']Also, about DDR being dead. Konami was releasing DDRs on a pretty regular basis, but stopped after DDR Extreme. The next arcade version to come out was Supernova, which was about four years later.[/quote] Supernova is actually an American production, iirc, just like the rest of the American mixes. i think the scene was already dying in between max2 and extreme, because i don't remember a lot of hype for extreme...

where is that original guy that posted about the "legends?" i want to know what the scripted doubles routine was that was supposed to be good.

bread's done
Back