75% off N64 and PS1 Games @ EB/GS

bsschorr

CAGiversary!
The old B1G1 sale appears to be over and is being replaced with a 75% off sale; plus the 10% off for your Game Informer card comes off the original (and the the dicounted price), makes the deal closer to 85% off. It also appears that the old N64 and PS1 games are being consolidated in select stores, so many stores will not have any games and some will have a ridiculous amount. YMMV and good luck.

[quote name='nyprimus4']95% off? Sale plus edge card plus gameinformer coupon?[/quote]Which coupon is that? My issue came earlier this week and I didn't see a single coupon in there.

[quote name='ma']It's the bimonthly GS sale on PS1/N64 games that you will never see.

RIP EBgames.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember when Gamestop ate Funcoland, I thought to myself "At least there's still EBgames!"

Now at least there's...GameCrazy? I guess?

Still, it's an excuse for me to pick up a copy of Persona 2 at my local store.

My bad, I totally missed it in the other post; sorry about that. I got some pretty good deals at my local EB with this deal:

Diddy Kong Racing $1.50
Starcraft 64 $4
Tetrisphere $2
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time $1.50

Well I bought some games as buy 1 get 1 like 3 weeks ago at two different stores. I might call them up tomorrow and make sure it isn't 75% off now, cause I'd go back for a $5 Breath of Fire III disc :)

The only Gamestop store near me with these games is about 30-40 miles away. And, I was down that way for a day trip the other day(to stop at the only 'local' Gamecrazy, which didn't have squat I wanted) and checked the game selection. The only halfway decent title out of the whole rack was BOF IV, but it looked like someone used it in place of their skateboard on rough pavement.

Aside from that one title, there were assloads of games that were missing either the instruction manual, the case insert or both on the PS1 games. There were 2 shelves full of disc only games in those Funcolandish disc sleeves.

All the N64 games were in cardboard boxes on the floor.

If anyone local to me wants to know WHICH Gamestop store it was, it was the one near the WalMart by The Laurel Mall in Hazleton, PA. I don't remember the shopping plaza name, so you're on your own for that.

Yea, this deal is technically good but sucks on execution.

I ended up going to 2 EBGames and 2 Gamestops in the past few days and it was downright depressing. One EB is about 25 miles from me and always had great stock on N64 and PS1, being the new regional center for em basically. I went, turns out an employee looted anything and everything (including a Valkyrie Profile). I came away with Hybrid Heaven, Pokemon Snap, WCW/NWO Revenge, and Extreme-G 2 for N64 and copies of Mega Man X5 and BLood Omen: Legacy of Kain for PS1 totalling about $5.

Went to the Gamestop inside the mall right next to my house then. All PS1 titles were in paper sleeves, no manuals, no cases. The N64 titles were in a cardboard box on the ground and nothing of interest in it that I saw.

The third store was about 10 miles out. Again, no good N64 stuff and PS1 titles in paper sleeves, with no cases or manuals.

The fourth place I wouldn't have gone to but happened to be in the area anyways. They had no N64 or PS1 titles.

I might try calling some places tomorrow north of me but this deal overall sucks due to the way PS1/N64 stock has been handled by Gamestop in the last year.

Thanks verrryy much for the post, i went down to the Gamestop at Palmhurst, Texas. Classic gamer paradise, went out with 91 games, paid like 100 bucks for them, and still left behind copies of chronno cross, rhapsody, vagrant story breath fo fire 4 and a few others. My receipt is like 6 foot long (seriously)

Plus, the best gamestop staff ever (super helpfull), finally was able to have a great deal at a gamestop store.

:)

[quote name='shinclyde']Thanks verrryy much for the post, i went down to the Gamestop at Palmhurst, Texas. Classic gamer paradise, went out with 91 games, paid like 100 bucks for them, and still left behind copies of chronno cross, rhapsody, vagrant story breath fo fire 4 and a few others. My receipt is like 6 foot long (seriously)

Plus, the best gamestop staff ever (super helpfull), finally was able to have a great deal at a gamestop store.

:)[/QUOTE]
OMG. Amazing.

[quote name='shinclyde']Thanks verrryy much for the post, i went down to the Gamestop at Palmhurst, Texas. Classic gamer paradise, went out with 91 games, paid like 100 bucks for them, and still left behind copies of chronno cross, rhapsody, vagrant story breath fo fire 4 and a few others. My receipt is like 6 foot long (seriously)

:)[/quote]

I had to look up where Palmhurst, Texas was. Too bad it is about 518 miles away from me . :)

Meh, I got a crap load of games, but most of them are going up for trade fodder elsewhere.

Of my highlights though, I was able to snatch a few good titles, namely:

1.) Zelda: Ocarina of Time ($1.50, original release not gold cartridge though)
2.) Thunder Force V (disc only though)
3.) Diddy Kong Racing
4.) F-Zero 64
5.) Tom and Jerry: Fists of Furry (I know it isn't the most desired game, but it does hold some value for being hard to find)
6.) Excite Bike 64

Oh, and the best for last: I snagged a copy of (!!!) Superman 64 and even more (!!!) Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker ( :) I got them just for the novelty of having the worst N64 games).

So ya, my score wasn't huge, but I got some decent stuff for not alotta money.

[quote name='nyprimus4']95% off? Sale plus edge card plus gameinformer coupon?[/quote]
sorry to nitpick, but 75% off plus 10% off plus another 10% doesn't equal 95% off because the discounts are taken one at a time. it amounts to ~80% off.

with just the edge card it is ~82% off.

:)[/quote]

fuck DUDE! I was planning to hit that shit up on the weekend. they had an AWESOME selection, they're real helpful too, they've had those same games for almost a year now.. well until you got to them! hahah. I frequent there and they've always got promo items and stuff to hand in with the shit you purchase.

I called the GS's in my area, and there was only one that had PS1 games.(Only BoF IV and Rhapsody) The guy said, that they were still ringing up at $30 a piece. Now....the question is, should I believe him?

I think this deal is pretty much DOA, all anyone seems to be able to score is the above stated BoF IV and Rhapsody. All of these games were picked up either at retail price, or during the buy one get one sale.

[quote name='BearMan23']I called the GS's in my area, and there was only one that had PS1 games.(Only BoF IV and Rhapsody) The guy said, that they were still ringing up at $30 a piece. Now....the question is, should I believe him?

I think this deal is pretty much DOA, all anyone seems to be able to score is the above stated BoF IV and Rhapsody. All of these games were picked up either at retail price, or during the buy one get one sale.[/QUOTE]

The games will still ring up at full price, but once the employee hits the total button (F12 or something) the discount will apply, often giving the employee a very confused look if they didn't know about the sale.

[quote name='tiredfornow']fuck DUDE! I was planning to hit that shit up on the weekend. they had an AWESOME selection, they're real helpful too, they've had those same games for almost a year now.. well until you got to them! hahah. I frequent there and they've always got promo items and stuff to hand in with the shit you purchase.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you can still get a lot of great games (palmhurst,Gamestop), just ask for the games in the back box, some are even complete, definitely worth checking out, i think i missed out on a Final Fantasy 9 too...

I'm going to a mall soon with a Gamestop in the mall and another one half a mile down the road from the mall with tons of stuff.

Does the deal work on accessories too? Hopefully I would probably raid the one down the road for most of their n64 controllers.

Thanks OP :) I had been to GS when they had buy one get on half off, and saw Rhapsody and The Game of Life... didn't want to bite at getting both for $20, though... so went back when I saw this post, got both of those, and a new screen protector for my DS for $10 ;D Now if I could just find some other stores in the area with PS1 games...

[quote name='samussiah']rhino included?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Rhino is included in this sale, but call first because where I live several of the EB/GS stores sent their entire inventory to a single Rhino store.

Found a Gamestop with a fantastic selection of N64 games they want to get rid of their ps1 and n64 titles the employees even gave me a little extra off on top of the 85% off! I scored Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time $1.39, Hey you Pikachu with Microphone $1.25, Dr Mario 64 $3.47, Banjo Tooie $1.81, Banjo Kazooie $0.97, Resident Evil 2 $1.39, WWF No Mercy $0.70, Super Smash Bros. $2.08 I also bought a complete non PH xbox Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow with a 12 month XBox Live subscription $4.88!

At a different gamestop I found Super Mario 64 $2.25, Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask $1.95, Pokemon Stadium 2 $1.95, Pokemon Puzzle League $1.95, mega Man X6 disc only $1.20, Namco Museum volume 3 disc only $.0.75, RE director's cut disc only $1.35, Dino Crisis 2 disc only $0.75 this store did not give me a extra discount on top of the 85% off. Astounding sale thanks CAG

Got Criticom for 0.30 (even though the game doesn't work), Gallop Racer for 1.05, Pinobee for 1.20 & Assault Rigs for 0.30

[quote name='darkshadows6000']Yes. Rhino is included in this sale, but call first because where I live several of the EB/GS stores sent their entire inventory to a single Rhino store.[/QUOTE]

Greenville SC area CAGs: Don't bother with the (former) Rhino in Taylors. They have tons of N64/PSX games but somebody's been through them with a fine tooth comb. I checked on Thursday and there was practically nothing left but sports games for either system. Blast Corps was the only decent game I saw, but I didn't buy it because I've finished it several times already.

Only one of the many EB/GS stores around me had any old games, and most of them sucked. I did however pick up a disc only copy of MGS and a complete Wipeout XL for $1.95 total, so it was worth it I guess.

Tried to get i on this deal, the GS employee was more than happy to tell me how he already picked over the box and showed me a copy of FFVII, Breathe of fire 3,and several other games. I prayed that he burst into flames so I could snatch the games before they hit the floor but nothing happened.:cry:

EDIT: Went and they had a bigass box of mostly madden and other sports, I'll PM everybody that I'm dealing with.

[quote name='Vegan']Man, I checked about 5 stores in L.A. and I can't find a single one that still has PS1 or N64 games.[/QUOTE]

What stores? I've been to a lot lately, but I have some inside sources.

[quote name='Vegan']Man, I checked about 5 stores in L.A. and I can't find a single one that still has PS1 or N64 games.[/quote]
Costa Mesa, CA location on Harbor and Wilson has N64 games. I checked them out and there's nothing that I want, but they've got some stuff worth noting. The most expensive games they had were Dr. Mario 64, Starcraft 64, and Worms Armageddon, all at $25. Many a sports game, but other good ones such as Blast Corps and Rogue Squadron were making an appearance.

I'd kill to get Mischief Makers and Pokemon Puzzle League. Maybe also an N64 memory card. Lord knows I need one of those to actually save whenever I play Mystical Ninja. :(

I'm pretty sure all of you are bullshitting. Really, several people just happened to find most of the rarest PSX RPGs available?

[quote name='Blade']I'm pretty sure all of you are bullshitting. Really, several people just happened to find most of the rarest PSX RPGs available?[/quote]
Is FF Tactics for PSX rare? I've been thinking about going back to pick up the other copy they had. But I'm not sure anyone here would want a disc only package.

[quote name='Tsukento']I'd kill to get Mischief Makers and Pokemon Puzzle League. Maybe also an N64 memory card. Lord knows I need one of those to actually save whenever I play Mystical Ninja. :( [/quote] The EB near me has about 20 of these Memory cards for like $1 or $2 each. I also picked up 3 N64 1st party rumble packs for a dollar each. Not bad at all. There are a few third party rumble packs left if anyone needs one or a memory card, let me know.

bread's done
Back