Blockbuster Video: PS2 for $99, Xbox for $139, GameCube fo $90 (ALL NEW!)

S-Wind

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just in case some of you missed this news in the other thread.

For those of you looking for Xboxes in the Lower Mainland, the Blockbuster Videos in New West (6th St & 9th Ave), Burnaby (Kingsway near Imperial), Coquitlam (Lougheed & Westwood) have none - especially since I bought the last one from the Coquitlam (Lougheed & Westwood) Blockbuster. :bouncy:

The Port Couitlam Blockbuster has at least one Xbox left.

I recommend calling around to see which Blockbuster has what. That is how I found mine.

Dammit, PoCo is the nearest location that still has Xbox's. For that kind of a drive $140 really isn't that good of a deal.
I should have just bought one when they were around everywhere for $200. Anybody know of any shops that still have new ones within Vancouver (or maybe Burnaby/Richmond)?

[quote name='ragnar14']Dammit, PoCo is the nearest location that still has Xbox's. For that kind of a drive $140 really isn't that good of a deal.
I should have just bought one when they were around everywhere for $200. Anybody know of any shops that still have new ones within Vancouver (or maybe Burnaby/Richmond)?[/quote]

Just look up the phone numbers for all the Blockbusters (look in the White Pages or online at their website) in your area and call them to find out. It only took me 2 minutes to find one with a phone book.

[quote name='ragnar14']But you already checked all the nearby non-Vancouver Blockbusters for me :bouncy:[/quote]

No, I didn't check ALL of them. There are more Blockbusters around, both in and around Vancouver, they people realize

Seriously, just make some phone calls. It's not hard. It's free - unless you don't have a landline. And you might be pleasently surprised. ;)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Great S-Wind. I'm happy to see you were able to find an Xbox. Did you get a bundled one with a free game? Enjoy.

For anyone else here's BBV store locator website: http://www.blockbuster.ca/[/quote]

Yup! I got the Forza Motorsport bundle. :D

This is my second Xbox. My other one is the Limited Edition Crystal Xbox. I will mod this one.

However, I know next to nothing about modding Xboxes. I have heard of XBMC, and emulating games on it, etc.

You said your husband is putting XBMC on his. Can you tell me more about that, or point me to where I can find more information on modding Xboxes?

I already picked up the Xbox DVD remote from Superstore for $15.

[quote name='ragnar14']But you already checked all the nearby non-Vancouver Blockbusters for me :bouncy:[/quote]

I dropped by the Blockbuster Fraser and 50th earlier today. I had forgotten all about that one in my earlier search, which is funny given that I work a few blocks from there every Saturday. The guy there said that they sold their last Xbox yesterday.

So unless you were the one who bought it, you really should have taken my advice to call all the Blockbusters around. You clould have gotten that one.

[quote name='S-Wind']
You said your husband is putting XBMC on his. Can you tell me more about that, or point me to where I can find more information on modding Xboxes?
[/quote]

Here's how I did mine: you'll need some way of writing from the computer to a memory card (Action Replay), and a non-Platinum Hits version of one of a few key games (ie: Splinter Cell, MechAssault) to get started. If you lack these, you should be able to buy both for 20$ - 40$ depending on how hard you look.

http://www.productwiki.com/microsof..._xbox_to_xbox_media_center_in_30_minutes.html

Good luck!

[quote name='S-Wind']I dropped by the Blockbuster Fraser and 50th earlier today. I had forgotten all about that one in my earlier search, which is funny given that I work a few blocks from there every Saturday. The guy there said that they sold their last Xbox yesterday.

So unless you were the one who bought it, you really should have taken my advice to call all the Blockbusters around. You clould have gotten that one.[/quote]
Actually I did snag that one :D

You're right, phoning works best. I actually looked around Vancouver checking all the BB's I knew of the day before. After Princess Zelda pointed out the store locater I figured I'd try calling up any Richmond or North Van locations, whatever might be closer. On a whim I tried rechecking a couple nearby locations first, and Fraser magically coughed one up. The shelf stocker I bugged instore previously must have been a retard or something :roll:

So yeah, driving around was a bit of a waste, except it's always fun exploring stores you haven't visited in a year :)

[quote name='ragnar14']Actually I did snag that one :D

You're right, phoning works best. I actually looked around Vancouver checking all the BB's I knew of the day before. After Princess Zelda pointed out the store locater I figured I'd try calling up any Richmond or North Van locations, whatever might be closer. On a whim I tried rechecking a couple nearby locations first, and Fraser magically coughed one up. The shelf stocker I bugged instore previously must have been a retard or something :roll:

So yeah, driving around was a bit of a waste, except it's always fun exploring stores you haven't visited in a year :)[/quote]

I'm glad you got one. :D

Yeah, employees are often worthless. The one where I got mine knew they had it because I was lucky enough to deal with them at a time when only the manager was on duty.

Did you get the Forza bundle too?

Yep, I'm guessing the Fordza bundle was the last Xbox bundle released, as mine has like a Oct 2005 manufacture date. That sounds about right for when they started disappearing.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']If anyone is still looking for an xbox, EB has the pre owned ones on sale for $99 right[/quote]
Yeah, but they toss out the hard drives because it's possible they might have undesirable data on them.
I don't understand why anybody whould buy a Xbox without a hard drive.

If you're looking for a used one just check Craigslist or something. You can get one with some games for $100 (no tax) pretty easy.

[quote name='ragnar14']Yeah, but they toss out the hard drives because it's possible they might have undesirable data on them.
I don't understand why anybody whould buy a Xbox without a hard drive.

If you're looking for a used one just check Craigslist or something. You can get one with some games for $100 (no tax) pretty easy.[/QUOTE]
Thats weird I've bought 2 xbox's both used from EB and they both had drives in them and the warranty sticker were untouched.

[quote name='ragnar14']Yeah, but they toss out the hard drives because it's possible they might have undesirable data on them.
I don't understand why anybody whould buy a Xbox without a hard drive.[/QUOTE]

What? Where did you hear this? Does an Xbox even run with out a hard drive? I thought the OS for the original xbox was on the hard drive.

Hmm, I asked an EB clerk about picking up an Xbox. Which he suggested I shouldn't do. If that's completely untrue maybe he was looking to get fired :lol:

[quote name='ragnar14']Hmm, I asked an EB clerk about picking up an Xbox. Which he suggested I shouldn't do. If that's completely untrue maybe he was looking to get fired :lol:[/quote]

There's no way in hell that EB throws out the hard drive on an Xbox. They would have to take the time to take it apart first and also the console won't run without it. The sales cl(j)erk probably didn't want to go into the backroom and look for one.

Don't want to start a new thread for this but the Blockbuster on Lansdowne in Peterborough is clearing out some older Nintendo system games. The two Metroids, Klonoa 2, MMBN5 Protoman (the most notable games) for GBA are 10 bucks. Also some GCN games are 15 bucks like Killer 7, Network Transmission, MMAC.

Haven't noticed any price changed for other consoles though.

And since it's across the street from Futureshop, you might as well check that out as well.

Though I checked other BBV to see if they cleared out prices on similar games and came out nothing so it's probably a one store thing? If not, even better.

bread's done
Back