[Canada] Viva Pinata for $20 at Best Buy

Woah awesome! I'm gunna get it this weekend at FS for sure with the price match...16 bucks rocks. I'll wait awhile to open it, though, until after I play the demo. The game looks extremely ... uh.... grade 1? I guess you could say...the reviews say diff though, so I definitely wanna try it out.

Thx and, I gotta say, it's greating owning a new gen system that isn't super new so I can get games slowly and for way cheaper :p

By the way, does anyone know if SUPERSTORE does price matches?

[quote name='Spades22']Woah awesome! I'm gunna get it this weekend at FS for sure with the price match...16 bucks rocks. I'll wait awhile to open it, though, until after I play the demo. The game looks extremely ... uh.... grade 1? I guess you could say...the reviews say diff though, so I definitely wanna try it out.

Thx and, I gotta say, it's greating owning a new gen system that isn't super new so I can get games slowly and for way cheaper :p

By the way, does anyone know if SUPERSTORE does price matches?[/quote]

The game was going to be aimed at kids, but Rare made it too complicated for kids. It sounds demented too by the IGN review... you can beat your Pinata to death with your shovel and candy comes out, then other Pinatas come and eat the candy. They sometimes also eat each other alive.

What the hell ._.

LOL this game sounds retarded...so retarded that I gotta try it for myself xD. I'm not sure if Wal-mart matches but I'd like to know that as well...AND SUPERSTORE too xD

My nearest store is a Futureshop so I'll be printing off the flier to price match. The critical reception of this game was stellar, so I'm really looking forward to playing it.

I don't remember.

Can anyone tell me whether or not this game has bilingual packaging?

If it does, then is it the removable kind (bilingual sleeve that wraps around the box and a spare manual in french) like Xbox and PS2 games, or is it the unremovable kind (everything, box and manual, is in both french and english) like first party Nintendo GameCube games?

[quote name='imcrazy']Tried the demo and I can quite easily say this game is not for me. I suggest everyone try the demo first.[/quote]

USA only for those wondering, so you'll have to make a US account. Which I might do...

Huh to play the demo you need a US account? So what do I do, like just change the country when signing up for live?>

Is this true for a lot of demos??

Man I'm gunna feel weird buying this game, lol

My wife loves this game... she's put 40+ hours in on it. It's fun, but I've only played it for a fraction of that time.

If you find yourself beating your head into the wall trying to figure out how to do stuff, I would recommend trying an FAQ... pinataisland.info really extended her enjoyment...

Ya Canada always gets screwed when it comes to xbox stuff. Thats why I have 3 accounts (one Canadian, one American and one Japanese). I don't have a European one yet cause they get screwed more than Canada.

Do you just use the Canadian one for your real account/playing Live online and then the American/Japanese one for demos?? And do you enter your real information for all of them?? I don't feel like saying I'm 17 cause then I gotta get my parents Credit Card =/

[quote name='Firestorm']The game was going to be aimed at kids, but Rare made it too complicated for kids. It sounds demented too by the IGN review... you can beat your Pinata to death with your shovel and candy comes out, then other Pinatas come and eat the candy. They sometimes also eat each other alive.

What the hell ._.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that thought Microsofts/Rare's idea that this is a kids game is insane.

Great deal though, I'm almost tempted to buy it and keep it on my shelf till I buy a 360. Not for my kids though...

I went to my FS and the reg. price was 35 bucks I think...oh well still a good deal :p Only 3 bucks more than I expected.

The Best Buy in Coquitlam is sold out. The Futureshop across the street in Coquitlam Centre Mall has 2.

I didn't buy any.

It didin't occur to me at all that this is the regular version in the regular DVD case rather than the special one in the irregularly shaped case with a bonus DVD.

[quote name='Spades22']uhh so whats on the bonus dvd anyway? What makes it worth 20-40 bucks lol[/quote]

Nothing really worthwhile IMO. But the fact that it is virtually a limited edition makes me want it.

However, I am a Cheap Ass Gamer, so I am not willing to pay that much for it.

[quote name='Spades22']Huh, like not willing to spend 18 bucks on a 360 game? It doesn't get much cheaper than that xD.[/quote]

No, I'm not willing to spend the $54.98 that Superstore is charging for the Viva Pinata in the special packaging.

[quote name='Firestorm']The game was going to be aimed at kids, but Rare made it too complicated for kids. It sounds demented too by the IGN review... you can beat your Pinata to death with your shovel and candy comes out, then other Pinatas come and eat the candy. They sometimes also eat each other alive.

What the hell ._.[/quote]

:rofl: That actually makes me want to buy the game...

But then I played the Sims to build house with no doors and pools with no ladders... :twisted:

I like the cover of the game lol, these little red and green racoon guys look pretty cool xD. I don't know if I want to open it though....I've never seen a game that looked so....uh...preschool...yet was rated so high lol. I'm kinda scared it will scar me emotionally or something...

The best thing about the case though is seeing the RARE symbol in the bottom right...I haven't bought a Rare game since the N64 days!!! And man there was NO better company than Rare back then.

I just opened it up and played for about 15 minutes. Pretty fun, I enjoyed it. It feels EXTREMLEY CHILDISH for now but I'm sure it gets more challenging later.

I gotta get my mind set so I don't go into the game feeling like it's crap cause it's made for preschoolers...once I get that down then I'll open it lol

[quote name='S-Wind']Nothing really worthwhile IMO. But the fact that it is virtually a limited edition makes me want it.

However, I am a Cheap Ass Gamer, so I am not willing to pay that much for it.[/quote]

I'm usually the same, but the bonus disc has NO real bonus content and the packaging is ugly. Really ugly. The bonus disc only has demos that can already be had from Xbox Live. No developer commentary or anything. The set actually feels like it's cheaper than the regular edition =/ Microsoft dropped the ball on that one.

Don't go into the game thinking it's made for very young kids, they wouldn't be able to play this game very much.

What would you compare it most to? It almost seems like a harvest moon type/maybe animal crossing a liiiittle or...I dunno. Thing is, I don't really like harvest moon but I REALLLLy liked Animal crossing when it came out.

Then shut up and play >.>
I started, it treats me like a kid so far and the voices are annoying. I'm kinda overwhelmed and lost, we'll see how it goes.

lol, k good idea, w/e I'll just start...I'll play it tonight a bit, maybe for an hour or so. only 20 bucks so w/e xD

[quote name='Spades22']lol, k good idea, w/e I'll just start...I'll play it tonight a bit, maybe for an hour or so. only 20 bucks so w/e xD[/quote]

Pft, with CAG, every game is "just $20" so it loses its value >_> I got it with a friend today. Also another friend who price matched a Collector's Edition of C&C3 at FS for the $50 price BB had for C&C3 regular edition. Lady didn't check too closely on that after doing Viva Pinata =P Oh well, manager was a bit of a jerk.

I got VP because I didn't want my time spent PMing wasted =(

Hey, man I was trying to reassure myself on that purchase with that statement! Gah can't open it now...especially after I finally just watched that "Bill gates says Pinata is for young girls" video, lol.

Dooo itttt. And make them stop talking because they do treat you like a kid. You know how to get in the mood? Read the awesome reviews >.>

Well actually half the reason I'm not opening it is cause I'm afraid it will get me addicted for awhile like Animal Crossing and I got exams coming up, so thats a bad contradiction there xD

I have a question I've been wondering about for a long time.
It seems that FS will pm from Best Buy flier print outs anytime, Zellers will often, and WalMart will sometimes. Is it possible to do these pricematches in a town that doesn't even have a Best Buy?

This might seem like a silly question, but I want to know. I mean, everyone here in Fredericton, NB knows there is no BestBuy around anywhere (I don't even know if there are any in NB, maybe) but will FS still PM a flier if I print it out??

Thanks!

Yep, there shouldn't be an issue. After all you could always buy it online no matter where a BestBuy is.

Oh, and anybody who's resisting Viva Pinata should stop now. Its a great game. I already have like 180 Achievement points from it.

I dont know if it's worth mentionning but i saw viva pinata CE for 30$ new at EBG so i dont if its YMMV so check it out at yours if you want it.
So im starting to think that viva pinata is getting a price drop like splintercell

ya I think so too cause FS had it regular at 34.99. But either way, 30 bucks plus tax comes out to like 35 dollars while I spent 20 WITH tax...so still a good deal :)

If you really want the CE, though, then theres your deal xD

bread's done
Back