Karaoke Revolution Party Bundle (Xbox/GC) $20 at Amazon

Finally! A deal on the GC version that I might be able to get in on... since I couldn't find it at both the TRU and Best Buy clearances.

Thanks Cheapy!!!

[quote name='spooie_redux']Stupid question.. do these come with Mics?[/quote]
Yes, the "bundle" versions do. In fact I think the Gamecube version wasn't sold without the mic.

[quote name='contej85']Ditto that question.[/quote]

doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's a xbox controller port which doesn't exist on the 360.

might have to jump on this. thanks cheapy for making me broke.

Got this for the same price at TRU a few weeks ago, the wife and I have really had a lot of fun with it. The mike is much nicer than using a headset.

Karaoke Revolution is pretty amusing. Do not play alone if you aren't a very good singer. For some reason, it feels really awkward playing this game alone when you lack talent. This is definitely intended as a multiplayer game.

[quote name='coolzero']The GC version now is $39.99.[/quote]
For some reason it defaults to buying it from Target... probably because of the "in stock soon" bit. Look on the right side of the page and you'll see it for $19.99 from Amazon.com

Wal-Mart and Target have it for about $20 now too, as does Fry's (and if you don't need the mic, only the game, Fry's has the game-only version for Xbox for $10). Well, the Fry's in Indianapolis, anyway.

Is there a way to get the Downloadable Content on Xbox Live for Karaoke Revolution Party for free or less than the $5 bundle or $80 complete set packages? Paying that much more for extra songs is not right. To top it off, it doesn't let you transfer the bonus songs to a memory card and transfer them to another Xbox.

I bought a 5 song package for $5 just because it was songs I really wanted enough to pay the extra for, but the rest are just way too much money.

Oh good, so they're still available, thanks for the heads-up. Is it still the twenty $5 packs and the one free pack with the MGS3 and SH4 songs (as listed on Wikipedia), or are there more than that now, or have some been taken off? xbox.com lists only the first six song packs, and we plan to just use a free trial of Live to get access to the ones we want, so we're not sure which ones are actually available at this stage in the Xbox's life cycle.

[quote name='AquaHaute']Oh good, so they're still available, thanks for the heads-up. Is it still the twenty $5 packs and the one free pack with the MGS3 and SH4 songs (as listed on Wikipedia), or are there more than that now, or have some been taken off? xbox.com lists only the first six song packs, and we plan to just use a free trial of Live to get access to the ones we want, so we're not sure which ones are actually available at this stage in the Xbox's life cycle.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded some songs for KR Party for Xbox about a month ago and there was still a ton of them, at least 90 to 100 songs since the complete package was $80 and it said that you saved like $20 by buying it. I do remember one free one and then we bought the Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera pack for $5. Seems like they have every song ever on any KR game. Wish they were cheaper though, even $1 per song is too much when you want 20 or more of them. Don't get me started on the DDR downloads either!

Xbox Live for the original Xbox is pretty dead for almost every game. Any time I log on to play anything, there are no users online. It's like everybody stopped using the original Xbox completely!

If you already have the mic, I still see plenty of KR Party for Xbox for $10 at Toys'R'Us.

Not sure if this is a real question or a joke. Regardless, this is to play on either an Xbox or Gamecube system. Those would be the "machines". Just plug in the mic and you're ready to go.

[quote name='GameReeper']Does this come with a karaoke machine ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AquaHaute']Wal-Mart and Target have it for about $20 now too, as does Fry's (and if you don't need the mic, only the game, Fry's has the game-only version for Xbox for $10). Well, the Fry's in Indianapolis, anyway.[/QUOTE]

YMMV on B&M Walmart for the GC version.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Seems like they have every song ever on any KR game.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, broken down as follows:

Packs 1-6 are everything from KR2 that isn't part of the Xbox version of KR1.

Packs 7-13 are everything from KR3 that isn't 'Snake Eater' or 'Waiting For You' (both from other Konami games, and both in the free pack).

Packs 14-20 have ALMOST everything from the PS2/Xbox versions of KR1 (for those who only have Party), except for the extra Motown tracks from the Xbox version and a handful of other tracks. (It also misses 'Science Genius Girl', but that's in the free pack anyway.)

The only songs from the main series - not counting CMT and American Idol - that you can't get by downloading (but can get by finding KR1 for Xbox) are the ten Motown songs, 'Red Red Wine', and 'Smooth Criminal'.

(Thanks, Wikipedia! :D )

I seem to have found some torrents of the song packs, but I'm not sure how to go about actually using them once downloaded.

Anyway, we've already got Party and one mic - just trying to find the other Xbox version in a bundle to get a second mic and the Motown songs. We've been talking about tracking down the PS2 titles, but now I'm wondering if it wouldn't be cheaper to just nab packs 1-13 from Live, especially with how hard KR2 is to find (and how expensive when you do find it).

[quote name='GunstarRed']I downloaded some songs for KR Party for Xbox about a month ago and there was still a ton of them, at least 90 to 100 songs since the complete package was $80 and it said that you saved like $20 by buying it. I do remember one free one and then we bought the Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera pack for $5. Seems like they have every song ever on any KR game. Wish they were cheaper though, even $1 per song is too much when you want 20 or more of them. Don't get me started on the DDR downloads either![/QUOTE]

The $80 pack has most of the songs from KR1 to KR3. For example, Red Red Wine is on the first KR disc, but isn't in the "mega" DL. It's nice to have all the songs available at once without changing the disc. I really wish they updated the DL list as more versions of KR were released.

Thanks OP. The Gamecube version is back in-stock at $19.99 through Amazon. I couldn't help but pick it up at that price. Will be a good pickup for the little lady...heh.

[quote name='Karyyk']Thanks OP. The Gamecube version is back in-stock at $19.99 through Amazon. I couldn't help but pick it up at that price. Will be a good pickup for the little lady...heh.[/quote]

nice I've been waiting for this one to come into stock! sweet! now I need $5 filler... hmmm.... might be time to get some wolverine comics or something!

the gc version will work with the wii?

does the mic require a special slot to be put into or does it work like a controller?

thanks

[quote name='dm877']the gc version will work with the wii?

does the mic require a special slot to be put into or does it work like a controller?

thanks[/QUOTE]

The microphones plug into the GC memory card slots.

BTW -- the GC one is hella-fun. Needs a longer cord on the mic though.

As the mic is is mem card based and not controller based, finding an extension cord is a challenge. Any ideas?

I have no idea, but it is safe to assume that the GC version looks better, given its anti-aliasing.

U can likely find a song list somewhere on the Interwebs.

According to the Interwebs, here are the diffs:

-- XBox comes with a DDR UltraMix 3 demo
-- XBox Live allows u to download 100 additional songs (does not mention cost)
-- PS2 supports adding you own face with the EyeToy

Everything else is supposed to be the same. All versions have customizable models, 50 songs, and dancepad support. If u have an XBox Live account, the XBox version is the best value with its 100 downloadable songs.

[quote name='donssword'] If u have an XBox Live account, the XBox version is the best value with its 100 downloadable songs.[/QUOTE]
And the fact that those downloadable song packs mean you can acquire everything on Karaoke Revolution 2 for $30 instead of the $80+ you'd pay for the PS2 version on eBay (and all of Karaoke Revolution 3 for $35). You pay even less if you pick and choose among the packs.

You can also download those songs using a free trial of Live - you'll still have to pay for the song packs, but not for the Live service itself.

[quote name='donssword']U can likely find a song list somewhere on the Interwebs.[/QUOTE]
As I've mentioned several times throughout the thread, there's a song list on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_the_Karaoke_Revolution_series

bread's done
Back