[Canada] Xbox 360 Elite Pricing Info Announced

Yeah, not bad. But I'll wait till the .65 CPU version with a silent DVD.

No point buying another ring of death susceptible 360. That would make me dumb.

I just got my Premium, and seeing as I don't have an HDTV yet or I don't download anything from XBL, I really don't need this ^_^

But Microsoft got a currency exchange right! Yay!

[quote name='S-Wind']WOW!

So given that the Premium is $499, that makes choosing the Elite over the Premium almost a no-brainer![/quote]

Assuming of course the premium keeps its already outrageous 500 dollar price tag.

[quote name='imcrazy']Assuming of course the premium keeps its already outrageous 500 dollar price tag.[/quote]

They have no plan to do so. With the Elite, you pay $50 more and miss out on Call of Duty 3, but I guess it's worth it for the 120 GB HDD and HDMI. Although in Canada our Video marketplace sucks.

I'm definitely getting the new Xbox360 Elite. I'm been want this ever since I heard rumors or the new Xbox360 with HDMI. Our Samsung HDTV only got 1 set of conponent input. It's very annoying how I can't have both my Xbox360 and 5 disc DVD player plug in at the same time. Thank you Microsoft for HDMI.

I don't download much from the marketplace, because it takes so freakin long to download stuff like demos. I don't get why it's so much slower to download 1GB on the Xbox360 than my PC. Also, one of the gayest thing is when you start playing a game online, what ever you're downloading would just stop downloading.

Edit: Wait a min, how come on the website listed above it says Elite comes out May 4th? I thought it comes out for both Canada and US on the 29th of April?

[quote name='Firestorm']Although in Canada our Video marketplace sucks.[/quote]

I think you mean is non existent lol

[quote name='GuardianFlash']I'm definitely getting the new Xbox360 Elite. I'm been want this ever since I heard rumors or the new Xbox360 with HDMI. Our Samsung HDTV only got 1 set of conponent input. It's very annoying how I can't have both my Xbox360 and 5 disc DVD player plug in at the same time. Thank you Microsoft for HDMI.

I don't download much from the marketplace, because it takes so freakin long to download stuff like demos. I don't get why it's so much slower to download 1GB on the Xbox360 than my PC. Also, one of the gayest thing is when you start playing a game online, what ever you're downloading would just stop downloading.

Edit: Wait a min, how come on the website listed above it says Elite comes out May 4th? I thought it comes out for both Canada and US on the 29th of April?[/quote]

We might be getting it later I guess. I think XBL stops a download when you play online to maximize the bandwidth allocated to your game. They don't want lag because your opponent will be very annoyed =P It's understandable.

I don't know why your downloads are slow though. Mine are super fast unless it's right after the trailer/demo comes out and a lot of people are downloading. Try resetting your settings on your 360 or router?

I'm fine with the 360 on component. I only have 1 HDMI input so if I ever get a PS3, that'll go there. My VGA input is for my laptop. My component is for my 360 and Wii (360 doubles for DVD player). Currently I have a PS2 using S-Video, hopefully I'll get a PS3 in the future which will leave crappy S-Video/composite empty =p I guess that'd leave me with DVI as my only leftover HD port =/

[quote name='Firestorm']We might be getting it later I guess. I think XBL stops a download when you play online to maximize the bandwidth allocated to your game. They don't want lag because your opponent will be very annoyed =P It's understandable.

I don't know why your downloads are slow though. Mine are super fast unless it's right after the trailer/demo comes out and a lot of people are downloading. Try resetting your settings on your 360 or router?

I'm fine with the 360 on component. I only have 1 HDMI input so if I ever get a PS3, that'll go there. My VGA input is for my laptop. My component is for my 360 and Wii (360 doubles for DVD player). Currently I have a PS2 using S-Video, hopefully I'll get a PS3 in the future which will leave crappy S-Video/composite empty =p I guess that'd leave me with DVI as my only leftover HD port =/[/quote]

sounds like your tv's pretty busy. I need the dvd player connected to my tv cause it's the home theatre system, 5.1 surround sounds all connected and can fit 5 dvds/cds at once. I have to get the Elite so I wouldn't need to unplug the dvd player or xbox360.

Now I'm just counting down to the day when they drop the price on the Premium 360. Seeing as to how I don't have an HDTV and play on my 27" CRT, this Elite isn't that much of a benefit to me.

Well I'm sure that even if there isn;t an official drop, there will probably be some deals around when the Elite is released...but who knows maybe a drop will only come like september or somethin, which is why I kept mine cause I needed something new to do for summer xD

thebigboi, the core system is on sale right now for only $359.99. You can give it a thought if you don't really need a 20GB hardrive and headset.

Not sure if I mentioned this here before but eb games sells used/refurbished 20 gb hard drives for the 360 for 50 bucks (45 if you use the edge card). Thats where I got mine, when I bought the core for $297 at Walmart in November. So if you don't have an HDTV and you don't want that flimsy excuse for a headset, then a core may be right for you.

[quote name='Skardee']I just got my Premium, and seeing as I don't have an HDTV yet or I don't download anything from XBL, I really don't need this ^_^

But Microsoft got a currency exchange right! Yay![/quote]
The only people that "need" the Elite are hackers that are buring games onto the harddrive. HDMI is useless and you can go drive to bestbuy, buy a dvd and burn it onto your computer before it woudl be downloaded on XBL.

[quote name='Underfoot']The only people that "need" the Elite are hackers that are buring games onto the harddrive. HDMI is useless and you can go drive to bestbuy, buy a dvd and burn it onto your computer before it woudl be downloaded on XBL.[/quote]

20GB is not a lot. I had svr2007 demo, fc demo, nhl2k7 demo, td demo, tigerwoods demo, halo 3 trailer, gow trailer, uno & street fighter arcade game, and saved data. Not a lot of stuff, but all this left me only around 3GB left.

20Gb you only get 13GB to use. The other 7GB is for other stuff which I don't really know except maybe to play original xbox games.

bread's done
Back