The Microsoft Disc Replacement Program

JJSP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Microsoft Disc Replacement
Microsoft is now replacing "faulty" discs (read - games that either the system updates or the system itself has ruined). Simply mail in your faulty game along with the order form, and in 4-6 weeks, Microsoft will send you a brand new copy of the game!

Games currently supported in this program are as follows:

Crackdown
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Gears Of War
Halo 2
Kameo: Elements of Power
Ninety Nine Nights
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Viva Piñata
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1

Oh, and it'll cost you $20. Join now, and get that currently clearanced game replaced for $10 less than buying it brand new!

At that price, i'd rather just wait for a price drop. The only things up there that can't be had for $20 are Crackdown, FF2 and Gears.

Wow, so it's Microsoft's fault the discs end up shitty, and then you've got to pay them to replace it.

Bravo MS! :applause:

Well, that sucks. I recently had my release day copy of Gears crack on me. I called Microsoft, who told me I was SOL basically. I took a chance and went to the Gamestop where I bought it, and the manager replaced it straight up! I had no receipt, she just knew me from being in there so much. Rather sad actually. It looks like I came out ahead.

Remember, this isn't just for disks that the 360 has ruined, this includes disks that you have stupidly dropped in the blender.

Basically you've already payed for the software, so they offer you replacement disks at a discount price.

Seems like a good idea to me. Maybe it should be more like $10, though.

[quote name='shadoz19']Apparently it only seems to be for games publidhed by MS.[/QUOTE]
We fucking got Sherlock Holmes in the house.

Good idea. Personally I think $20 is too much, especially for games like Kameo and PGR.

I assume you mail in the disk, and they send you a disk back in a paper sleeve.

In that case they're pretty much making $20 pure profit ontop of the dough they got from the original sale.

For a game like Kameo which already retails for $20, why not just grab a brand new copy with an extra case and everything.

I was wondering if anyone here has gotten their game replaced by Microsoft. I'm scared to ship my copy of gears of war and not have it return back :(. They said that they will replace it but I'm just worried. Please tell me if you have used it and if it was successful.

Don't do it, Microsoft likes to steal their own games.

I'm kidding... there shouldn't be a problem, I'd send it priority with DC just in case though.

[quote name='help1']ITs better than nothing... if the game is broken waht are you gonna do with it anyway?[/quote]

Trade it in at EB/Gamestop........I'm kidding of course ;)

[quote name='help1']ITs better than nothing... if the game is broken waht are you gonna do with it anyway?[/quote] I can still play online heh. I'll probably send it after my live trial is over.

They also never told me to put any info in it, so I'm kind of worried that they won't send it back.

I sent my Halo 3 game back on October 16, 2007 and I received it back on October 26, 2007. I was impressed with the turn around time. :)

What type of info are you going to put into a game, you save info onto the hard drive? If you mean your name and return addy, they can get that off the package. For safety, put a slip with all your info on the inside either way. Dont be a fucking girl about it, just do it...Nike style.

Don't worry about it. I sent my two discs from Halo LE and got them back like two weeks later. Not too shabby, plus they threw in a free month of Xbox Live in the envelope.

my 360 snapped my Rainbow 6 Vegas disc in half - micrsoft says STFU! + 2 hours of swearing and threatening = free RB6V, free Viva Pinata, free month of xboxlive

Gears of war cracked - MS say "eh, not made by MS" + cursing the 360 and saying im going to get a PS3 and Wii instead + got a PS3 = new GoW disc and year free of xbl

MS is made of a bunch of pussies

bread's done
Back