John Kerry is in a video game

Xevious

CAGiversary!
Game Puts Players in Kerry's Swift Boat

Fri Sep 24, 7:38 AM ET

By MATT SLAGLE, AP Technology Writer

DALLAS - An upcoming video game lets players re-enact the Swift boat mission in Vietnam that won Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) a Silver Star award for battlefield heroism.

The first-person shooter "Kuma War" uses a ripped-from-the-headlines approach where gamers can download and then relive actual battles, mainly from the current war in Iraq (news - web sites).

Beginning Sept. 30, the "John Kerry" mission will be available for download as an add-on pack for the game, made by New York-based Kuma Reality Games.

The Kerry mission is based on the Navy's records of the encounter on Feb. 28, 1969.

Playing as Lt. John Kerry, you lead three Swift boats into enemy fire on the banks of the Mekong Delta. Don't try to turn around and flee — the game is scripted, so you have no choice but to attack the enemy before they kill you.

Kerry is unaware of the game and had no comment, spokeswoman Allison Dobson told The Associated Press. She said Kerry doesn't play video games.

The Silver Star was awarded for Kerry's actions in pursuit of enemy forces while commander of Swift boat unit PCF-94.

Some veterans have challenged the Democratic presidential candidate's version of the circumstances surrounding the incident that led to the award, as well as his three Purple Heart medals.

"The level of rancor has been such that few of us know what is supposed to have occurred in anyone's version of the story," Kuma Reality chief executive Keith Harper said. "Kuma Games is in a unique position to bring clarity to ordinary people's understanding of Swift boats, of the men who served in them, and of the events in question by letting you, as Lt. John Kerry, join Swift boat PCF-94 during these important events."

Last week, Navy inspector general Vice Adm. R.A. Route concluded in a memo that procedures were followed properly in the approval of Kerry's awards.

Other recent "Kuma War" missions include "Battle in Sadr City," which creator Kuma Reality Games says is based on an actual U.S. Army operation that occurred May 23, 2004.
-------------------------------
OP's note: I was debating as to where I should post this. I wasn't sure if it belongs to the political forum or the general gaming forum.

If the moderator feels strongly that I didn't post in the right forum, please feel free to move it.

Dang, thats cool, sort of.

Re-enacting real minor battles in war games.

Interesting how they didn't ask permission to use Kerry in the game.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Do you get a band aid purple heart and get to shoot fleeing teenagers clad in loincloths in the back?[/quote]:roll:

Anyways... this is extremely stupid... and yeah, war games are getting so old now - and what's with the Vietnam War becoming the new WWII for video gaming??

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Do you get a band aid purple heart and get to shoot fleeing teenagers clad in loincloths in the back?[/quote]

Quoted so to preserve evidence that you are an asshole and have made fun of the Purple Heart award that many soldiers in many wars have earned.

Jerk.

OOOOOH! JERK!

That taught me.

Me poking fun at John Kerry is not disrespectful of soldiers, wounded soldiers, dead soldiers, POW's, the Purple Heart award, any veterans, any foreign or domestic war. It is, get ready for this, satire and humor.

You should know all about humor, all your posts are humorous, even though you don't mean them to be. Especially your one this morning quering people to come up with ONE fact that Michael Moore lied about in 9/11. Yes Quackzilla, you are a giant tool. But since I'm labeling you a tool I'm giving you a choice; you can pick the tool.

[quote name='Quackzilla']
Interesting how they didn't ask permission to use Kerry in the game.[/quote]

He is a public figure in a historical event. He gets no say. Now if he massacred a village then you would have a slander/libel situtaion.

But I don't imagine thats the case.

CTL

What do you suppose a Bush Game would be like?

Bush drunk driving game?

or the How fast can you bring your business to the brink of bankruptcy game?

Or Piss off the environmentalists game

[quote name='Xevious']What do you suppose a Bush Game would be like?

Bush drunk driving game?

Or Piss off the environmentalists game[/quote]

I think you could get away with the last two, the first I don't know. I bet they would get that knocked out.

Now if it was dodging a physical.....

CTL

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='Xevious']What do you suppose a Bush Game would be like?

Bush drunk driving game?

I think you could get away with the last two, the first I don't know. I bet they would get that knocked out.

CTL[/quote]

Lets not forget the "George Bush Trounce the Separation of Church and State game!!!" That's like Halo to fundamentalist Christians.

[quote name='Xevious'][quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='Xevious']What do you suppose a Bush Game would be like?

Bush drunk driving game?

CTL[/quote]

Lets not forget the "George Bush Trounce the Separation of Church and State game!!!" That's like Halo to fundamentalist Christians.[/quote]

Very amusing. I hope that I get to kill Donna Shalala and Richard Rubin in it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']This is intresting, to say the least. However, its got about a 50% average at gamerankings, so I doubt it would be worth playing.[/quote]

Are you refering to the Kuma game or the "Bush trounces the separation of church and state game"?

Do you get a band aid purple heart and get to shoot fleeing teenagers clad in loincloths in the back?

The Viet Cong soldier Kerry shot was the average age of any Viet Cong soldier, was wearing standard Viet Cong garb, was initially 10 feet from his boat, was carrying a loaded rocket launcher and running to take cover so he could fire at the boat.

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=231

Scroll down to the official account, and William B. Rood's account.

Please leave the spreading of blatant lies to politicians and their cronies. They don't need your help.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']OOOOOH! JERK!

That taught me.

Me poking fun at John Kerry is not disrespectful of soldiers, wounded soldiers, dead soldiers, POW's, the Purple Heart award, any veterans, any foreign or domestic war. It is, get ready for this, satire and humor.

You should know all about humor, all your posts are humorous, even though you don't mean them to be. Especially your one this morning quering people to come up with ONE fact that Michael Moore lied about in 9/11. Yes Quackzilla, you are a giant tool. But since I'm labeling you a tool I'm giving you a choice; you can pick the tool.[/quote]

The only problem is, your humor is Rush Limbaugh-style humor, which is to say not really funny at all, just nasty and acidic. Did you really expect one person to get a belly-laugh -- or even a wry grin -- over a Purple Heart joke?

[quote name='Xevious'][quote name='Kaijufan']This is intresting, to say the least. However, its got about a 50% average at gamerankings, so I doubt it would be worth playing.[/quote]

Are you refering to the Kuma game or the "Bush trounces the separation of church and state game"?[/quote]
Kuma game.

[quote name='dennis_t']
The only problem is, your humor is Rush Limbaugh-style humor, which is to say not really funny at all, just nasty and acidic. Did you really expect one person to get a belly-laugh -- or even a wry grin -- over a Purple Heart joke?[/quote]Humor is objective... you could say it's not funny to you, but saying it's "not really funny at all" would be a gross generalization of everyone based on your opinion of humor. I personally don't like Limbaugh much, but he can be pretty funny at times...

Just for the record though, the purple heart joke was not funny to me, I thought it was just plain stupid, therefor me :roll: reply to it...

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Do you get a band aid purple heart and get to shoot fleeing teenagers clad in loincloths in the back?[/quote]

LMFAO!

[quote name='Magician']Interesting... I wonder whether Lieberman will get involved in this? :roll:[/quote]
I had almost forgotten about him before I read your post. :x

[quote name='Cracka'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Do you get a band aid purple heart and get to shoot fleeing teenagers clad in loincloths in the back?[/quote]

LMFAO![/quote]

It's not a joke, though.

The Purple Heart band-aids and the lies against Kerry, it was never satire and it was NEVER a joke, just hateful propoganda.

Playing it off as a joke just shows how stupid you are.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Do you get a band aid purple heart and get to shoot fleeing teenagers clad in loincloths in the back?

The Viet Cong soldier Kerry shot was the average age of any Viet Cong soldier, was wearing standard Viet Cong garb, was initially 10 feet from his boat, was carrying a loaded rocket launcher and running to take cover so he could fire at the boat.

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=231

Scroll down to the official account, and William B. Rood's account.

Please leave the spreading of blatant lies to politicians and their cronies. They don't need your help.[/quote]

I bet if I made a joke that a George W. Bush video game would include such fun gameplay as dodging medical exams to cover up your drug habit, being an abusive drunk, driving drunk in Maine, snorting cocaine at Camp David making friends with the Taliban, taking huge amounts of money from the Saudis while running two businesses into the ground, and living a life of privilege, never having to face any consequences for your actions, I don't think he'd find it very funny either.

But the fucking point is that John Kerry did NOT shoot an inocent teenager (the guy had a LOADED rocket launcher) and he did NOT get a Purple Heart for self-inflicted or minor wounds.

It's just your stupid smear tactic.

Like John McCain said, if you keep telling a lie over and over (in commercials) you can get people to believe that pigs fly.

That's the Republicans tactic, and if they need to stoop to that level than that shows that they don't see themselves as competent leaders and find it impossible to boost their own image without smearing their competitors reputation with filthy lies.

None of these jokes from Democrats or Republicans are really intended to be jokes, they are actually subliminal smear tactics.

Like John McCain said, if you keep telling a lie over and over (in commercials) you can get people to believe that pigs fly.
This is true of the John Kerry "flip flopper" charge. Ever notice that every single republican pundit will not go 3 words without calling him a flip flopper? If you repeat a lie enough it becomes the truth... Its already been shown that Kerry has had one distinct position on Iraq since his speech on the senate floor during the vote to authorize the war.

bread's done
Back