Rare xbox games

kube00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
so in the wake of me getting a 360 and selling off all my common xbox games, what are the rare and hard to find ones?

I can find about a half dozen Baldurs Gate 2:DA games in CT, but Gamestop (as well as online via ebay) wants a good chunk of change for the titles ($30+).

Psychonauts isn't rare but has seemed alot harder to find/someone to give up since it was BC.

Some other games that are rather difficult to find are:
The Guy Game, the Fatal Frames, the Metal Slugs, Silent Scope Complete, and Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.

Beyond Good or Evil can be tough to find but it is well worth searching for.
Dai Shrenryaku VII is hard to find in stores but is dirt cheap on ebay. Funny thing is that is quite a good game.

Those are what comes to mind for me.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Interesting. Had no idea Air Force Delta Storm was released on Xbox.[/quote]

airforce.jpg

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Barbie Horse Adventures and Volvo's Drive for Life, in addition to those already mentioned[/QUOTE]

I got Volvo Drive for Life. They were giving them away at the Ski slope here in Utah one Saturday like two years ago. Funny thing is it made the backward compatibility list. Another hard to find one is the original Moto GP. I think it had some value last time I looked. Air Force Delta Storm was extremely rare ........until they rereleased it. Now it is still somewhat scarce.

people might want to stop posting info here, this person seems fishy, it looks like they are just lookin for rare games to sell

Well obviously you didn't go read the post on rare ps2 games, I am mainly a collector and enjoy the rare games, yes this is some value in them, but for xbox games it isnt much, I'd rather play them and say I have them. And I don't mind paying the big bucks to get a rare game, that is when I have the money.

[quote name='kube00']Well obviously you didn't go read the post on rare ps2 games, I am mainly a collector and enjoy the rare games, yes this is some value in them, but for xbox games it isnt much, I'd rather play them and say I have them.[/QUOTE]

well if thats the case my mistake, but you could have just made one encompassing thread instead of 3

[quote name='kube00']Yeah I should have, no worries, uggh or better yet I should have used my brain. Since the thread for the rare stuff is here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53810

The prices are nice tells you how much you might have to pay to get a copy, glad to know some of the games aren't too expensive.[/quote]

Problem with that list is that it hasn't been updated in nearly a year. Some of those have jumped in price after he last updated it along with some new ones that are rare.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Problem with that list is that it hasn't been updated in nearly a year. Some of those have jumped in price after he last updated it along with some new ones that are rare.[/QUOTE]

Not only that but some have fallen in price as well...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Outrun 2006 had a very low print run[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Gamestop never carried it (though they do seem to carry it used now) and I never saw it at any B&M location anywhere. I just checked the store locator and only one store out of a few hundred within 200 miles of my zip code has it in stock.

When the Xbox version of Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast was first released, I don't ever recall seeing it new in any B&M. It seems this game was primarily released for those Sony PSP and Playstation owners who never got the chance to play Outrun 2 (which was, at least in terms of console games, exclusive to Xbox). You can still find the Sony versions easily, but the Xbox version of 2006, while not impossible to find, is steadily rising in value. I have held onto both versions of Outrun for the Xbox, since while 2006 has twice the tracks, the original iteration has different menus and (I think) some different modes.

One game that I rarely see for Xbox is the Toe Jam and Earl game. While I heard it wasn't great, I missed my chance to get it about a year ago and am still kicking myself.

When it comes to rare console games, I am typically much more interested in the rare games which were exclusives for that system, or games that had a significant graphical advantage.

i saw a sealed toe jam & earl in the xbox display case at walmart. They probably still want $49 for it. I didn't see a price.

[quote name='Starkraving']When the Xbox version of Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast was first released, I don't ever recall seeing it new in any B&M.[/quote]

I had the same experience. Ive not even seen it used for Xbox yet. I recently got a copy used from Gamefly, so if anyone is looking for it, check there.

I was lucky enough to pick up Toe Jam & Earl used as part of the EB/GS b2g1 free Xbox only sale a month or two ago.

Someone say rare XBox games!? :D

No particular order..

Guy Game
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 2
Outlaw Golf: Holiday Golf (and the two 9 more holes expansions) - another case of low print run with little to no demand
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast
Air Force Delta Storm
F1 2001
Silent Scope Complete (and even rarer if you find it with the rifle)
Barbie's Horse Adventures
Spikeout: Battlestreet
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
Moto GP2 and 3 are getting harder and harder to find
MK: Deception Kollector's Editions of Scorpion and Raiden, and Baraka are becoming harder and harder to find
Steel Batallion

And yes, I have all of the above (my copy of Guy Game is still sealed), except Jurassic Park, MK: D Baraka and Raiden, and Steel Batallion.

I see Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast quite frequently, actually.

Toe Jam & Earl isn't rare. A local GameCrazy still has like 3 sealed copies for $7.99 (and has had them for a year or two now). I need to go grab one.

Also, Otogi isn't rare, but it looks like it's quickly headed that way.

Oh, and Futurama. That's the only game on the XBox that i've NEVER seen. fuckin' futurama. I don't think I'll ever find it.

[quote name='Scorch']

Oh, and Futurama. That's the only game on the XBox that i've NEVER seen. fuckin' futurama. I don't think I'll ever find it.[/quote]

Im looking for Futurama for the PS2. Ive seen the Xbox version used on occassion, but Ive NEVER seen the PS2 version.

If I do come across the Xbox version I'll pick it up for ya.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, and Futurama. That's the only game on the XBox that i've NEVER seen. fuckin' futurama. I don't think I'll ever find it.[/QUOTE]

I still have a sealed copy I grabbed during Circuit City's $5 clearance a few years ago. :)

[quote name='Sporadic']I still have a sealed copy I grabbed during Circuit City's $5 clearance a few years ago. :)[/quote]

I have Fatal Frame 1 and 2 sealed. I grabbed the first FF at the Circuit City sale too!

[quote name='Xevious']I have Fatal Frame 1 and 2 sealed. I grabbed the first FF at the Circuit City sale too![/QUOTE]

I grabbed the first FF from the CC deal too, sadly I opened it ;)

[quote name='Sporadic']I grabbed the first FF from the CC deal too, sadly I opened it ;)[/quote]

I take it ...you didn't like it.

Since the XBox is pretty much dead new copies of games are becoming scarcer, but how many games will retain a high used value for a dead system? Only those that are highly sought of course. I've been checking eBay for the last month and these are the only games that consistently have gone for $20+. Keep in mind theres a lot of auctions out there for these titles and they haven't reached the final day for bidding, so it might seem a lot of these titles are under the estimated price still.

Aliens versus Predator ($20ish... dropping off the radar though)
Barbie ($35-$40ish)
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2 ($20-$30ish)
Dreamfall (Due to the lack of price drop. $20ish)
DDR (various) ($20-$50 this varies alot.)
F1 ($20-$40 price jumps around alot)
Fatal Frame 1&2 ($15- 20ish. On the verge of elimination, but this title will probably be high again down the road.)
Futuruma ($25ish)
Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy ($20ish. Looks to have gone up.)
Jurassic Park ($25ish)
Lego Star Wars 2 XBox ($20ish thanks to lack of price drop)
Marvel Versus Capcom 2 (STILL goes for $45+ for a used copy.)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Won't be for long as it price dropped awhile back. $20ish)
Mortal Kombat: KE (Raiden version $25+ as it is still the hardest to find.)
Nick Party Blast ($20+ WHY?)
Shrek Super Party ($20-$30ish WHY?)
Steel Battalian (Still runs over $70 with shipping.)
Splinter Cell Double Agent ($20ish. Due to lack of price drop)
Yourself! Fitness ($25ish)
Outrun 2006:Coast to Coast (NEW copies go for quite a bit in the $40 range, but I've seen alot of used auctions end for just under $20. Coming on a new copy is even harder to get considering alot of the copies went to Blockbuster.)

I wouldn't say some of these are rare, but seeing XBox games go for above the $20 range used (before shipping) has become a rare occurrence. Don't get me wrong theres still a lot of games out there that almost reach the $20 mark, but they are becoming fewer and far between. Some of these games baffle me (the kids games) to the point where I bang my head against the wall. Shrek? Party Blast? Barbie? Seems more like desperate parents trying to get their kids some crappy games.

I'll edit this post if I see any others go for a bit. If anyone feels I'm missing a key game that has gone for $20+ constantly on eBay post here.

Is Phantom Crash rare by any chance? I picked up a used copy months ago, and haven't seen another copy since.

For those who don't know it's a mech combat type game. I could never get into it, but it is interesting.

[quote name='FatBat']Is Phantom Crash rare by any chance? I picked up a used copy months ago, and haven't seen another copy since.

For those who don't know it's a mech combat type game. I could never get into it, but it is interesting.[/quote]

Nah, it's pretty easy to find and doesn't have much value. You can buy it on ebgames.com or in-store for $3.99.

[quote name='Scorch']Outlaw Golf: Holiday Golf (and the two 9 more holes expansions) - another case of low print run with little to no demand
[/quote]
Is Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas a good buy for $15?

Two others to add to the growing list:

Tork - Prehistoric Punk - have seen used copies once in a while at GS

Syberia II - I labeled this the "Holy Grail" of Xbox games because it took me probably three years to find a copy. Luckily, I found and bought a used copy a couple of weeks ago at GS. What was even better, the game was in almost perfect conditon!

-Brian

[quote name='depascal22']I haven't seen Armed & Dangerous around for a long time.[/QUOTE]

The only place I've seen it is on Amazon Marketplace... you can still get a new copy sealed for $19 or so...

I imagine this will get higher as the new copies fade...

I had trouble finding a (decent) copy of The Metal Slug games (4&5) for XBox. One day I was in a CGX store and saw a fairly nice box for $15. The disc itself was in very good shape. :)

Since I am not a collector for collector's sake... I snapped it up... They're a fun set of games... if a little difficult. Saved me from paying $40 for the Anthology... (now if the Anthology set for PS2 comes down to $20... I might get it....)

Iron Phoenix is pretty rare but doesn't fetch for much on ebay. Same goes for Metal Slug 3, but 4+5 looks to catch around just above $10 range which is almost noteworthy.

Syberia 2 on the other hand I am keeping a close eye on. Looks to be rather hard to come by, and they certainly didn't make alot of copies despite Syberia 1 selling decently as a budget title.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Is Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas a good buy for $15?[/quote]

In terms of print run, yes. It was one of the least pressed games on the XBox. In terms of game, no. I actually picked this up a few weeks ago used at a local EB for 3.99.

Syberia II - I labeled this the "Holy Grail" of Xbox games because it took me probably three years to find a copy.

Holy grail? Seriously? I see this one quite often. New and used copies.

Iron Phoenix and Spikeout Battle Street are fairly uncommon.

Crimson Sea is far from both rare or valuable.

There's a few uncommon titles that I'd like to mention.. ignore these if they already have been mentioned..

Obscure (appropriately named),
movie licensed games such as Over the Hedge, Curious George, and Chicken Little (either that or they're just rare to come by here),
MK: Deception Baraka Edition (though all editions are starting to be a tiny bit hard to find),
Still Life,
Urban Chaos,
Monopoly Party
Driver Parallel Lines Collector's Edition,
DDR Ultramix 4 by itself (non-bundle),
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure,
Halo 2 multiplayer map pack (and as many copies are just being thrown away as its useless now, it will only get scarcer and scarcer. Stores won't take it back in and companies are destroying stock of it),
Moto GP 2 and Moto GP 3,
Rollercoaster Tycoon,
The Bible Game (Again, may be a regional scarcity type deal)

If we wanna talk about promo discs and whatnot.. the only ones I know of that are rare are the LucasArts demo disc (The LucasArts Experience), and the original XBox Live Beta disc.. which I have still sealed. I actually still have my entire beta kit sans the headset.

The Bible Game is a end cap Best Buy, $4.99.

Games I haven't seen in a while but own:

Goblin Commander
Arx Fatalis
Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
Scaler
Yu-Gi-Oh

[quote name='Scorch']IIf we wanna talk about promo discs and whatnot.. the only ones I know of that are rare are the LucasArts demo disc (The LucasArts Experience), and the original XBox Live Beta disc.. which I have still sealed. I actually still have my entire beta kit sans the headset.[/quote]

Is the Lucasarts Experience demo disc really rare? I got that for free at Best Buy a few years back and still have it sitting next to all 7 Exhibition Demo Discs.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Is the Lucasarts Experience demo disc really rare? I got that for free at Best Buy a few years back and still have it sitting next to all 7 Exhibition Demo Discs.[/QUOTE]
It's not terribly rare. You can usually find one on ebay, but it hasn't been in stores for years.

On the other hand, I'm having a terrible time tracking down Exhibition Discs 6 and 7. I should have picked them up when were still in stores. The only copy I've seen is a disc-only copy of 7 at a local Gamestop, which has a "Generic Xbox Game" label on it for $9.99. No thanks.

I've seen Iron Phoenix complete @ a local GS, bought Urban Chaos for $9.99 from a rental store getting rid of their game section(mint and complete no less) and the Bible game is one of the $4.99 endcap games @ BB.

While I admit I haven't seen some of these games EVER, if you keep an eye out on local places that sell pre played games and/or the Kmart thread, you just might find some on clearance or out in the wild for a good price.

That's how I found my Dark Alliance II for Xbox for $18ish about 2 months ago, so keep looking.

I should mention again that Blockbuster had Outrun 2 for $15 complete, and It's $20 new. I picked up a used complete copy in a heart beat.

It also appears they are marking down Splinter Cell Double Agent to $10 used, but it was a disc only copy that had some big scratchs so I passed.

bread's done
Back