Just won a 3.10OE-A psp on ebay for $117.50... is this too good to be true? scam?

thx for the feedback guys i'm gunna go ahead and pay.

i thought custom firmware psp's went for a really high price.

thanks again

[quote name='trunks982']might contain dead pixels. my psp has about 3 dead pixels. hard to notice when playing.[/quote]

good to know. he said screen was in "like new" condition. if it's really bad i'll look into one of those replacement screens.

You shouldn't ask these types of questions after to you've already committed to the auction, much less if you're the winner.

He couldn't have asked before he won it, because he wouldn't know what the auction would end for, therefore he would have no reason to feel it is to good to be true.

Seems legit to me. Goodluck

[quote name='arfin']He couldn't have asked before he won it, because he wouldn't know what the auction would end for, therefore he would have no reason to feel it is too good to be true...[/quote]

If you have any doubts on an auction, don't bid.

Bidding is a commit to buy. No one knows for sure if they will win an auction unless they Buy It Now. Whether the auction ends low or high is irrelevant to whether the seller is "legitimate".

If the seller's feedbacks aren't enough to decide whether it's safe to bid, then you could also try opening a dialog with the seller.

well the main reason i made this thread was because i thought the fact that it had a 3.10 OE-A firmware meant it was much more valuable.

i don't have a lot of experience with ebay. i have heard plenty of horror stories about people buying pictures of things thinking they were buying the actual product and stuff like that. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

for example: the seller could have put "note: product is broken" somewhere hidden in a sea of text. come on who wants that to happen to them.

i'll let everyone know how the system is when i get it.

[quote name='angrysalad187']
i don't have a lot of experience with ebay. i have heard plenty of horror stories about people buying pictures of things thinking they were buying the actual product and stuff like that. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
[/quote]

Thats what Judge Judy is for.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw[/MEDIA]

[quote name='angrysalad187']well the main reason i made this thread was because i thought the fact that it had a 3.10 OE-A firmware meant it was much more valuable.

for example: the seller could have put "note: product is broken" somewhere hidden in a sea of text. come on who wants that to happen to them.

i'll let everyone know how the system is when i get it.[/QUOTE]
it is not that hard to install the custom firmware yourself, and in a few days there will be a new version- 3.3 custom firmware will be out.

Its the demand for PSP's, I should go on ebay and get one myself since demand is ultra low right now. If demand is low prices go down. I just read an article somewhere about how some people are getting PSP's for around 70$. Also the bidding is good this time of year, not many people buying items for gifts aka christmas time so you can snag items cheaper. I have been snagging some good stuff on ebay cheap and so far its all legit.

ok wow. holy crap.

i just got it in the mail today... and i just opened it an hour ago...

here's my dramatic story of me opening the package.

at 11:40 est my brother wakes me up telling me that I just got a package! woo! i run down to greet the package. bigger than i expected.

i opened the rather large shipping box to find a ton of bubble tape inside wrapping up a smaller box. after unraveling the ten feet of buble tape around the box a PSP core system box is unveiled. WOOT! even though the product was from puerto rico the box and everything is in english!

now to open the psp box. i unflap the cardboard and lift the lid. whats this? a manual! woo! good toilet reading. moving on i lift the flap under the manual. a power cord! nice. underneath that was a cardboard folding with two things wrapped in plastic inside. i take the cardboard folding out. it's so lite..! could there really be a PSP inside?! i begin to get nervous. i open up the cardboard flap. the second half of the power cord. ok ok we're almost there. now for the other cardboard flap. YES! THIS IS IT! there really is a psp! woo! but what awaits me on the other side of the plastic wrapping?! a dented screen?! 50 dead pixles?! i slowly take it out of the plastic wrap...

this thing is AMAING! it is in absolute MINT condition. I can't believe how preserved the system is. there isn't so much as a spec of dust on the screen. i plugged it in thinking it needed a recharge but it says battery is full.
hey wait a minute... the listing said it came with a 32mb card... it wasn't in the wrapping. i turn over the psp and open the pro-duo flap. the card was inside =)

i immediately went to system settings and system info to see what firmware. 3.10 OE-A =) sweet. the seller (named pablo or something like that) is a man of his word! what now... i decide to check out the browser since that was an influence in me getting the system.

at first it told me the system data was corrupted =( i restored default settings and it worked after that. connected to my router immediately and i went to google. works wonderfully!

after surfing for a bit i downloaded pspwxp to my laptop and installed it on my psp. awesome program. works extremely well for instant messaging. I talked to a friend for a bit on AIM using webmess or something like that.

now i just have to get a game for it. i'll probably get liberty city stories next week when it goes on sale for $15. for now i might pick something up like twisted metal black from the gamestop next to my work.

thanks for all the feedback guys and i happy to announce that everything went well =)

bread's done
Back