* * * * * 4 votes

Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

#4531 jimmybob_theblob   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   37 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

jimmybob_theblob

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

No shit boys, this thread is actually starting to irritate me. Seeing all the bullshit postings about nothing, who gives a shit about some asshole asking $100 for a gameboy advance with 10 games? That's not completely unheard of. I mean yeah, I do research before I sell something, but unless it's something completely crazy like "I paid $6 million dollars for this Xbox system 8 years ago, all I want is 5.5 million back, yeah I can see it posted, but some of these posts? C'mon....

#4532 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

http://williamsport....1339584198.html

An 1887 Iroc Z28 CAMARO!

I bet that's one of a kind!

#4533 SlammedNiss   Mine hits the ground! CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SlammedNiss

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

No shit boys, this thread is actually starting to irritate me. Seeing all the bullshit postings about nothing, who gives a shit about some asshole asking $100 for a gameboy advance with 10 games? That's not completely unheard of. I mean yeah, I do research before I sell something, but unless it's something completely crazy like "I paid $6 million dollars for this Xbox system 8 years ago, all I want is 5.5 million back, yeah I can see it posted, but some of these posts? C'mon....

Hey now, my post about the girl requesting free birth control was funny, wasn't it?

#4534 Diosoth   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:18 AM

http://cincinnati.cr...1343164600.html

$50 for a Dreamcast console with no games, no VMU.

Video gaming will never be the same. Dreamcast represents the most advanced achievement in console technology designed to outperform all other systems, including most arcade systems. Features include 128-bit performance from a reduced instruction set computing (RISC) central processor, an independent 3D graphics engine and a dedicated 3D sound chip. The results are breathtaking animation, color, depth, realism and the potential for new levels of game play strategy.

This remarkable breakthrough in consumer electronics uses a Visual Memory System (VMS) with a built-in LCD screen. Gamers can choose plays in sports games or plan offensive moves in RPG games without their challengers clueing in. You can also save special characters, moves or teams to the VMS, and swap info with your fellow Dreamcast owners by connecting your VMS card to theirs.

#4535 Ye0ldmario   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Ye0ldmario

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

Five "Nontendo" games for $45.

Spoiler
[/SPOILER]

#4536 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

LOL. I assume your little tantrum was directed at my post right above you, since it was concentrated on overpriced gameboy and gameboy advance games and systems.

Where did I post in any of those ads a Gameboy Advance with 10 games for $100? That would not be worthy of this thread. The closest was a Gameboy ORIGINAL with 5 games for $100 (in fact, they were asking $140 and $150 in the ad). If you think that's not a ripoff and then some, then shit I've got plenty of games I'd be happy to sell you.

Go back and this time read the actual ads I posted and find me one that doesn't belong in this thread. $80-85 for a Gameboy Advance SP with NO games? $250 for a set of 6 Pokemon Gameboy/Gameboy Color games?

If you don't like the thread, then by all means, get to steppin', son.

Or make your own topic - "Jimmy Bob's SUPER DUPER EXTRA EXTRA OUTRAGEOUS craigslist ads"

I can't believe you don't think that every single one of those damn ads doesn't belong in here. Unbelievable.

#4537 gi60   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

^Lol... QFT

#4538 Chairman_LMAO   The Talent CAGiversary!   1917 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Chairman_LMAO

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:21 PM

HEY GUYS I PUT A POKEMON STICKER ON MY GAMECUBE AS YOU CAN SEE IT'S CLEARLY MODDED!!!!! IT INCLUDES FOUR SHITTY GAMES AND A COMPLETE LACK OF PUNCTUATION THAT MAKES IT WORTH $80 RITE?

http://detroit.craig...1322765693.html

MODIFIED GAME CUBE - $80 (WOODHAVEN/TAYLOR)

Date: 2009-08-14, 10:50AM EDT
Reply to: sale-rch2j-1322765693@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

AS YOU CAN SEE THIS GAME CUBE LOOKS REALY GOOD!! IT COMES WITH 4 GAMES ALL THE WIRES THE MEMORY CARD AND ONE CONTROLLER

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Go back and this time read the actual ads I posted and find me one that doesn't belong in this thread. $80-85 for a Gameboy Advance SP with NO games? $250 for a set of 6 Pokemon Gameboy/Gameboy Color games?

I would argue that the classic nes gba games listing is really fair considering they're all CIB, not to mention they're open to offers. I'd be willing to wager that pokemon listing isn't too far off either for the same reason(all CIB).

If you don't like the thread, then by all means, get to steppin', son.

I think a better resolution would be to make the thread enjoyable for everyone. I'm sure we all have craigslist stupidty moments we like to share, but the thread gets derailed and just turns into a bitch-fest. I dunno if it's because they feel they have a rep to uphold or what, but you got these thread squatters who try and update something like every day, and when they're hurting for material, post unnecessary and sometimes cruel stuff(I still don't see how that fella getting all his stuff stolen is in any way funny). Then you have newcomers who are too quick to piss and moan to actually realize that something they posted is actually a pretty good deal.

I'm not saying there aren't good postings on here all the time, I just think some people need to ease up or look before they post.

#4540 Ye0ldmario   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Ye0ldmario

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hey guys! I'll be turning 1 years old this september. Wanna buy my ps3 for $430? Forget about buying one brand new for $299, you can have mine for $430! I'll also trade it for an ATV. Thanks!

http://boston.craigs...1343991008.html

Spoiler

First guy in the country to have the slim ps3. Come get em!

http://boston.craigs...1342886601.html

#4541 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

I would argue that the classic nes gba games listing is really fair considering they're all CIB, not to mention they're open to offers. I'd be willing to wager that pokemon listing isn't too far off either for the same reason(all CIB).

I agree with the second part of your post.

As to the first part, however, I must respectfully disagree.

I guess I'm simply not valuing the classic NES GBA collection as much as I should...I just can't see paying more than $5-10 for each of those, complete and mint. But that's my personal opinion, as I know the Super Mario Bros sells for quite a bit more than that, among a couple of the others. Most of those games, though? Crap.

I bought a few of them (SMB, Zelda 1 and 2, Castlevania, Bomberman, and Metroid) on clearance new and sealed for $5 or less, and I thought I was overpaying a bit then. I think that collection belongs on eBay with the prices he's asking. BTW that fellow is the same guy in the South Bay that asks eBay prices and above for various other games. you can tell it's the same guy because he uses the same key words, same exact location, and has an arrow > in his titles.

As to the Pokemon bundle, uggh. ~$42 per game...sure they are complete, and have some of the guides, but man that is a VERY hard pill to swallow, especially on craigslist. eBay at those prices? Maybe. $20-25 each, I would say that would be acceptable. But twice that amount? Even if it's "OBO", I can imagine that guy will say "fuck off" to an offer at half his asking price. But no one on craigslist will pay that much.

#4542 defeat12   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   11 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

defeat12

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

Non-dualshock Playstation 1 for $100. http://detroit.craig...1344857309.html

i have a playstation 1 with the original leather bag. it is in great condition, with all of the cords and one controller. no games. i am asking 100.00 obo.
contact me asap via email if you want it. brangizzy2k5@yahoo.com

...at least it includes an original leather bag.

#4543 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

Video gaming will never be the same. Dreamcast represents the most advanced achievement in console technology designed to outperform all other systems, including most arcade systems. Features include 128-bit performance from a reduced instruction set computing (RISC) central processor, an independent 3D graphics engine and a dedicated 3D sound chip. The results are breathtaking animation, color, depth, realism and the potential for new levels of game play strategy.

The guy just copied the promotional material for the Dreamcast? So if I'm selling an Atari or a ColecoVision, I should tout how cutting edge they are? Plus if I paid $300 for it, I should expect close to that much back, right? :)

#4544 CL-Insanity   Toad -- Pure Gangsta' CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

CL-Insanity

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

2-bit 4-bit 128-bit A Dollar!!!

#4545 Chairman_LMAO   The Talent CAGiversary!   1917 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Chairman_LMAO

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:03 AM

This isn't really an ad, but I emailed at guy who posted ads for Genesis and PS1 bundles with 10 unspecified games each. I asked what games he had, and he literally copied the text from his ad and emailed it to me. Thanks, genius, this is exactly what I wanted. I'm just going to assume they're all sports games and forget about it.

#4546 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

There's this guy who's completely off his meds trying to sell his uber amazing collection for absurd prices. "I KNOW WHAT I HAVE", LOL.

http://losangeles.cr...1342712303.html

Spoiler

Anyway, I've communicated on the phone previously with this guy...he sounds like he's on coke or speed, seriously he is tweaking on something. Maybe paint fumes, PCP, meth, coke, heroin or just off his meds (or on too much of them). He's had the same list of games for sale for months on end.

He tells me on the phone "I'm not going to get ripped off again like I did with Suikoden 2...so my prices are good prices, but I will negotiate blah blah blah" and just rambles on.

I sent him a request for pricing for the following games just for shits n giggles. Check out what he wrote back. Note that most are cart only.

Spoiler

For the lot you are inquiring about, I am asking $1500.00. What do you say?

#4547 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

Yo dawgz, whut up. I be'z havinz some o da SICK-ITY SICKEST, I be talkin' SIZZICK, Nintendo 64 gamez yo! They be'z HELLA RAREZ n shit, dawg! Make me an offer, cuz!

http://losangeles.cr...1346291355.html
some of the sickest nintendo 64 games for sale some very RARE - $1 (hawthorne)

Date: 2009-08-28, 12:34AM PDT
Reply to: sale-hsypc-1346291355@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have 20 rare games that are so hard to find and im getting rid of all of them im selling them as a bundle or seperatley so make an offer here is the list but first just cause their rare doesnt mean imma charge alot for them so just make fair offers and im willing to trade them for electronics so keep that in mind and thanks for reading my post

kirby 64 the crystal shards
banjo-kozooie
mario kart 64
mortal kombat mytholigies sub zero SUPER RARE
jet force gemini SUPERE RARE
banjo-tooie
super mario 64
madden football 64
castlevania SUPER RARE
starfox 64
nfl blitz
mario party1
another mrio party 1
the legeng of zelda the ocarina of time SUPER RARE
mario tennis
star wars the shadow of the empire
pokemon stadium
diddy kong racing
nfl blitz 2000
nba hang time SUPER RARE

#4548 Ye0ldmario   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Ye0ldmario

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Trade your Wii for an NES. He won't give you the 20 carts he had though. All you get is a bare system. He's just bragging.

http://boston.craigs...1346055025.html

Bare PSP for $170. More then a new one.

http://boston.craigs...1345839541.html

#4549 Panda Wizardry   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2638 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Panda Wizardry

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:16 AM

Ugh, there are so many scammers on craigslist that it's actually depressing. Recently put up a computer for sale and all I've gotten is scammers.

#4550 Diosoth   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

The most annoying ones are the people who sell ROMs, either by burning blank CDs with emulators or modding a console and trying to pass off their 30 pirated games as being worth something.

Then these criminal scumbags have the guts to get mad when you call them out and whine about CL's erotic services section as "real criminals"(though I'm certain that none of the girls in ES will take their money, which is the real reason they whine about it). Yes, criminal scumbags trying to divert attention towards "moral" criminal behavior instead of what they're doing.

#4551 yourlefthand   Daddy Gamer CAGiversary!   1762 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

yourlefthand

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

Trade your Wii for an NES. He won't give you the 20 carts he had though. All you get is a bare system. He's just bragging.

http://boston.craigs...1346055025.html

OK, so here's the actual text of the ad:

Look to trade my Nintendo system with 20 games for a WII I am just looking to give u the nintendo and so cash for a working Nintendo WII

He's offering the nintendo, carts, and some cash for a wii. did you even read the ad? It may not be well-written, but what do you really expect on craigslist?

reading comprehension ftw!

#4552 lakers310   Fire Norv! CAGiversary!   705 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Wow.Just wow.

http://losangeles.cr...1346813498.html

sony slim ps2 - $180 (compton/LA )

Date: 2009-08-28, 9:01AM PDT
Reply to: sale-xmseg-1346813498@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i'm sellin a sony ps2 the slim model for 180 it has all the cords, is in good condition, works good

#4553 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

"First reasonable offer gets it..." How about the $20 your "bundle" is actually worth?

http://losangeles.cr...1348410751.html
Sega Dreamcast System with 2 Games plus Snes Neo Geo and Mame Roms. - $1 (Torrance)

Date: 2009-08-29, 8:27AM PDT
Reply to: sale-mfbj2-1348410751@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

hi this posting is for my sega dreamcast (Gray) with one Controller ( Limited Edition Green) one Vmu ( Red) Extentsion Cord and Over 1000 plus games. I have Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 Plus and Snes Emulator with over 500 games, A Neo Geo Emulator with over 100 Games and a Mame Emulator with over 1000 Games Ex All the Street Fighter, Xmen VS Streetfighter Etc. Asking $100 Or Best Offer.... Email text or call me at 310-780-9135. I need to sell by this weekend so the first reasonable offer will get it. Thanks

#4554 Ye0ldmario   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Ye0ldmario

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

http://boston.craigs...1347616415.html

I can buy this for $190 without controllers or buy a brand new arcade unit. Can you deliver to nigeria?

#4555 debug   FATAL ERROR. CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

http://newyork.craig...1349198088.html

Cool, let's all donate a Wii, Xbox 360, or a PS3 to a teen who needs a console. I'm just tempted to by a PS3 box, and put rocks in it lool.

#4556 elessar123  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

Yes, a used PS2 with $10 worth of games for $200.

PS2+ for sale!! - $200

Perfectly good PS2 for sale.
Includes:
2 Controllers
5 Games
8 MB Memory Card

Games Include:
Madden 08
Call of Duty 3
Ford Racing 3
Peter Jacksons King Kong
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Theory

Its in great condition and right now my asking price is $200 obo, if you email or text me at (575) 642-6988 then we can discuss the price.

And worse...

PS2 with games - $300

PS2 Slim, 4 controllers, 64MB memory card
Games:
Medal of Honor European Assault
Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Fifa Soccer 09
Fifa Soccer 08
Fifa Soccer 07
Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Junle Storm
Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter
Tekken Tag Tournament
Madden 08

#4557 dmdragon   Likes PIE CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

http://columbus.crai...1348888135.html

80g PS3 Mint For Sale - $350

Apparently someone didn't get the "memo" about a 120 gig slim being 50 bucks less rofl

#4558 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Look at this idiot

http://sandiego.crai...1349988266.html

Looking For Video Games

I'm am looking for free Video Games. Any and all games are excepted! If you have too many games and you just want to get rid of them, contact me, and i will pick them up Asap or we can meet at a location of your choosing as long as it's in the vicinity of north San Diego! If the game is a CD, I won't take it if it has deep cuts, however, if all it needs is a good buffering, or if is a PAL or JPS game, I will still accept it. It doesn't matter if the game includes the jewel case or manual either. If the game is a cartridge, i will except it, even if it has been known not to work on your own consoles, as long as the title label is well enough intact that i can read it. If you have any game handhelds or consoles, i am willing to take these as well. Please Note, that I DO NOT want to buy games or consoles and am only looking to receive donations. When you donate, you can choose to add your name to the donor list of my collection and receive credit whenever it is showcased. Thank you for reading this.

Sure, lets all just give this idiot free video games.

#4559 Organ Donor   "Your punch is soft... just like your heart!" CAGiversary!   1276 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Organ Donor

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

Look at this idiot

http://sandiego.crai...1349988266.html

Sure, lets all just give this idiot free video games.

hahaha

At least he's willing to give "credit" to the people who donated games when his collection is "showcased" :bow: haha

#4560 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

Haha, that's one of the funniest I've seen in this topic ever.

This one...not too funny but certainly quite baffling.

http://longisland.cr...1350618506.html

I saw $1200 in the title and I thought it'd be something incredible like a huge collection of classics or something.