Animal Crossing Wii - The Thread

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I want this game, badly. Here's what we know so far...Well, I'm ready to preorder. Some of the things I'd like to see in the game are...
-Multiplayer, so my gf and I don't have to buy another Wii
-Access to VC games in my house. Like a rare item is the Super Nintendo, then I could play my SNES games, like the in GC version.
-Connect24 features, visits to towns anytime & realtime weather to a location I set. You could have London's weather, Tokyo's weather, I guess even your own towns weather.
-More neighbor personalities, I've been playing for awhile now, I have many "conversations" memorized.
-More hobbies. Not that I don't love breeding flowers, but the DS and GC pretty much had the same ones.

So, thoughts? Ideas? Wants? Discuss, pre-emptively exchange Wii codes only to have to trade friend codes again soon. Well ya know.

And until we get some screen shots or video of the Wii version... the Animal Crossing movie trailer! COOOOOOL!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyMDSPWwl0g[/media]

There really needs to be a significant change from the the 'Cube and DS versions to make it a compelling purchase. Most crucial for me would be voice chat and tons of new items. Without voice chat, this thing fails. And I ain't droppin' $50 for the opportunity to collect the same furniture sets that I've already completed twice now.

I want online only destinations. Say there is a fishing tourney on 'sunny island."

I go to the shore, talk to cap'n and he takes me to an island meant only for the fishing tourney, where me and however many other people online go and compete. For those not online, there could also be a static version of the island that populates with your neighbors.

I want more animals, and i don't want 2 goats and 45 cats. There really needs to be a much bigger variety in the species variation.

Of course the obligatory, more fossils etc, maybe even an online leaderboard where you can try to beat other peoples biggest catches at any point in the year.

Coffee shop needs a pool table.

more customization to the house, let me hang pictures on the wall.

i agree it needs a big boost over the cube and ds versions, but it's so addictive, i'll be buying it regardless.

I want real games like chess, tennis, golf etc that you can play against people online.

I want to be able to import my address book to the friendlist. I'm going to be pissed if I have to enter all those codes again.

I want a special wombat resident.

I want to be able to skip stuff I heard a thousands times.

I want to be able to test more than one fish, insect or fossil at once.

I want to be able to import in custom walls, pics and whatever from the community.

Now I know none of this will happen and I'll probably buy it anyway.

Everytime I watch the movie trailer I get close to throwing up. I love the game, but I am going to avoid the movie.

As for the Wii version I would like to use the wii mote for tools, and Joystick on the nunchuk to move the character around and hold down the trigger on it to make my character run.

I dont want to hear the same things over and over again.

New furniture themes and sets.

More customization for character. Pants, Shoes, Jewlery.

Connect to my DS game to trade stuff.

I want to have a fenced in garden and a summer home option. Making a 'DS Island' ala the GBA island where I can have a summer home would be rad. I hope the merchandise that comes out for this game doesn't suck balls as hard the DS merch.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Nintendo has a lot to live up to with this next installment. They better not fubar it, as AC is one of my favorite series.[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but the odds are that they *will* fuck it up. A couple of CAGs have said above that they *want* more/new/bigger/better, but will buy whatever Nintendo shovels out onto the marketplace. I say fuck that, and I'm putting my foot down.

There's no reason why we shouldn't expect a substantial overhaul to the AC experience. If it's just a "hey, we're on the Wii now! ain't it cool? go collect a dainty painting now!" deal, then Nintendo can sit and spin.

[quote name='Scobie']I hate to say it, but the odds are that they *will* fuck it up. A couple of CAGs have said above that they *want* more/new/bigger/better, but will buy whatever Nintendo shovels out onto the marketplace. I say fuck that, and I'm putting my foot down.

There's no reason why we shouldn't expect a substantial overhaul to the AC experience. If it's just a "hey, we're on the Wii now! ain't it cool? go collect a dainty painting now!" deal, then Nintendo can sit and spin.[/quote]
its something to worry about. the ds and gc versions were pretty dang identical. they ds really only had a few new neighbors and a few new pieces of furniture, and it lacked the classic games the gc had. but the one thing it did have that sold me on it was online play, which made the ds version so much more enjoyable (and still does). they need a new feature that big for the wii, and we should know pretty soon what, if any new features there will be.

extended mii customization is a start, so my friends are jealous when i can bowl with my afro wig and my blue check shirt. instead of my lame clothes i wear now.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I want this game. Badly. Here's what we know so far...
-Access to VC games in my house. Like a rare item is the Super Nintendo, then I could play my SNES games, like the in GC version.
-Connect24 features, visits to towns anytime & realtime weather to a location I set. You could have London's weather, Tokyo's weather, I guess even your own towns weather.
[/quote]

If they did allow playing VC games in your house, and the ability to travel to other's towns like in the DS version, then ultimately that could allow for online play for all the old VC games within Animal Crossing. But like thats going to happen...

[quote name='naruto179']If they did allow playing VC games in your house, and the ability to travel to other's towns like in the DS version, then ultimately that could allow for online play for all the old VC games within Animal Crossing. But like thats going to happen...[/quote]

well games are stored on the internal memory, so id imagine if that feature when put in, that accessing a snes at a friends house would just boot up the same games on your memory. otherwise youd have to download all the data from a friends house, which could take several minutes depenending on your connection and then it automatically deletes after youre done. so suffice to say, that wont happen.

[quote name='Scobie'] There's no reason why we shouldn't expect a substantial overhaul to the AC experience. If it's just a "hey, we're on the Wii now! ain't it cool? go collect a dainty painting now!" deal, then Nintendo can sit and spin.[/quote]

Same way I feel. I never really got into the DS version because it felt the same as the GC. If it's going to be the same game just with a few updates, I'm not spending my money on it.

That's good actually. If Nintendo feels like they have a potential hit waiting in the wings for 2008, then we are likely to see more of their big hitters (maybe all 3! -- SSBB, Galaxy, Metroid) this year rather than "saving" them for next year.

I want to have my own house again. Sharing in WW was lame. Make Nookington's attainable without the requirement of having a foreigner buy something. Like it was in the first AC. Hopefully they will ditch the FCs and have a central hub/marketplace for meeting people and inviting them to your home/town or selling stuff.

Also, bring back the real holidays.

There is so much that Nintendo can do with this but from AC DS Nintendo rather milk the franchise very slowly. First off you should be able to choose where your house goes, then have different rooms and a yard, but the yard doesn't have to be next to the house. Kind of like a micro Harvest Moon.

And they need a marketplace, that would be nice, have different thnigs to collect in there than at Nook's. Maybe have a sports field to play mini Wii Sports ripoff games.

VC games in your house is a great idea. Classic fun like the GC but Nintendo still makes money.

The summer house idea is also nice because the island house in the GC version is pointless. I just keep my holiday stuff in it.

Also they need more ideas that are interactive.

bread's done
Back