M-06 guitar simulator?

Reviving this thread because it's now available for preorder on Amazon. Due for release on September 11.

I'm tempted, but do NOT like the preorder price of $39.99.

I enjoy it. I imported it a while ago, expecting it to never come out here, but looks like it is. It sounds very good, and if you have a guitar pedals/amp program on your computer, you can make it sound like an electric guitar, since the "game" is only acoustic. I showed my friends, and they found it to be an interesting little gadget. I'm probably going to buy it again just for the little extra features (I'm pretty sure you can now save your songs on the American version). Oh, and those that only have the DS phat (like me), I've heard its easier to change chords using a Lite since its easier to roll your thumb around it like a "true d-pad".

How will this be like for many of us who doesn't know how to play a guitar? And all the demos online were done with external speakers. Does that mean DS speakers sucks for this?

Well, it says that there will be tutorials on chord progression and chord recognition, so that should be some help for people who don't play guitar but a couple previews I've read have said that it isn't easy for people who aren't already musicians. The DS speakers won't suck for this any more than they do for other games...they're not exactly high quality but they get the job done. I've seen a couple videos that used the DS speakers and it sounded fine, but I suppose most people who take the time to make a video would rather it sound better.

I wonder what kind of reviews this will get. It'll be about fun as playing a real guitar, but for some reason online gaming sites is hyping this game. Novelty will wear out when people realizes they need months of practice to play anything decent.

Still this is release date buy for me. My years worth of practice on my trumpet is finally becoming useful.

Gamestop has the price at $35, hopefully that's just them being greedy bastards and other retail stores will have it for $30.

It'll be about as fun as playing a real guitar, but it'll be a whole lot easier. Still difficult no doubt, but not like playing an actual guitar.

I got this game with the 3 for 1 TRU is having this week. This cart sucks! It really don't see the point of strumming some songs on a DS. The strumming is neat but lacks any tactile feedback, making playing a tune kind of hit or miss. I guess the real draw is the ability to save chord palettes and play your own songs. Unfortunately, I play the guitar but have never been any good at composing my own songs. Sigh, I am deeply regretting getting this guitar sim.

bread's done
Back