CAG Foreplay: New Releases (4/10/07) - We Don't Have Games Edition

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
CAG's rocksolidaudio & shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of April 10th, 2007. This week we cover Super Paper Mario and the one other game that comes out this week.

Super Paper Mario Dev. Intelligent Systems Pub. Nintendo Systems: Wii MSRP: $49.99
Another week, another Wii game not built from the ground up on a system able to properly utilize it. It's okay though, as it appears to be one of the best Wii games since launch: a traditional Mario platformer wrapped in a crispy RPG shell with some perspective-shifting 2D-to-3D madness. If you think you've seen a Goomba coming AT you, brother, let me tell you. Really if you're in the market for this you've seen the videos and read the reviews; opinions seem unanimous - it's lots of fun with simply too much dialogue for its own damn good. You might have experienced similar horrors in the audio adventure classic Charles Martinet Reads the Bible, but you still may find your attention wandering after too much Super Paper Mario. Still, its definitely at least worth playing for every Wii owner, if for no other reason than to tide us over until the first proper Wii Mario arrives a few seasons from now. - rock

Best Deal:
There are a few stores selling Super Paper Mario for around $45 this week including Amazon, Family Video, and Fry's. EB/GameStop is also having a deal where you can get Super Paper Mario for free when you trade in two Wii games.

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $44.82 (Free Shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Family Video $44.99 (99 Cent Shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Fry's $44.99
:wii: View allout1986's thread on EB/GameStop Trade-In Deals $49.99

Toon-Doku Dev. Majesco Pub. Majesco Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
Do you hate numbers and feel left out of the Sudoku revolution because of your disdain for math? Well, you too can now join the sensation that is spanning the globe as Toon-Doku replaces those pesky numbers with over 200 different pictures! But don't just take my word on how great this development is, here's a heart-felt, life-changing testimonial from a satisfied EB Games customer:

"This Is So Cool
Previewed By: Mr.Peagory$ $ Date: Friday, January 19, 2007
This game is so cool and amazing! I love it and my mom loves it and she's 87. Who evr gets it is so lucky. The sound is so surrondmental. That means it's loved by the government! I was only allowed to play the demo at game-stop."

Wow, that review just says it all. I've never before played a game so surrondmental. You too can now Sudoku, with Toon-Doku! - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Toon-Doku.

:ds: Purchase At EB Games $19.99

On The DL with Shipwreck

EDIT: After this was written, it has now been announced that Boom Boom Rocket will be released for XBLA at the price of $10. Additionally, Mortal Kombat II is seeing a PS3 Store release for $4.99.

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle Systems: Wii MSRP: $8
Alex Kidd on the Virtual Console is $8.00. Alex Kidd on the Sega Genesis Collection on the PS2 is 71.4 cents. If every game from that collection hits the Virtual Console, the “Sega Genesis Collection” on the Wii will cost $224.00. As for the game itself, it’s a decent platformer that hasn’t aged well, but one that I can wholeheartedly suggest for 71.4 cents. - ship

Bravoman Systems: Wii MSRP: $6
Like most of the TurboGrafx 16 games, I’ve never even heard of Bravoman. The internet has taught me that this game is a parody of Japanese super heroes, like the well-known Ultraman. Bravoman has Go-Go-Gadget appendages that he uses to fight enemies ranging from ninjas to flying toasters (After Dark ruled!). Purposely-bad Engrish abounds but even with all the quirk, online reviews have been ho-hum when it comes to the repetitive gameplay. - ship

Galaga Systems: Wii MSRP: $5
The arcade version of Galaga is already included on two different GameCube compilations that are playable on your Wii. But if you want an NES port devoid of Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, Pole Position, and the like, Nintendo has its tractor beam set on your $5. - ship

General Deals that could be applied to save you some money:

As always Best Buy's Gamer Gift Card $5 Coupon can be applied to save you $5 on any of these games. Check out all the details here.

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

So, Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift 2 for the PS2 isn't worthy of your vaunted posting? And the same goes for Labyrinth on the DS (published by Tommo, which is kinda fun to say, although surely not much fun to play), or World Championship Poker: All In for the Wii?

...and you also forgot to mention again that Guitar Hero II is out for the 360! :evil: ROCK!!!11 :evil:

[quote name='Scobie']So, Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift 2 for the PS2 isn't worthy of your vaunted posting? And the same goes for Labyrinth on the DS (published by Tommo, which is kinda fun to say, although surely not much fun to play), or World Championship Poker: All In for the Wii?

...and you also forgot to mention again that Guitar Hero II is out for the 360! :evil: ROCK!!!11 :evil:[/QUOTE]

All three of those were on my potential list, but I wasn't certain that any of them came out as there were conflicting reports.

Ship and Rock,
For material on the Labyrinth Release look no further than the Manufacter's description on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.co.uk/505-Games-Labyrinth-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000LISV2U
"Funny voices will comment your performances."

Can we assume Tommo has paid washed-up impressionist Rich Little, for his vocal talents? And if by change, Rich Little is dead, my deepest repects go to the Little family

I'll leave this one alone:
"Collect as many bonus as you can and unlock new colours, models end even materials for your balls"

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']last week buddy.[/QUOTE]

thats why he said again

certainly a dry week though...what happend to April showers damn it! Let it rain!

I'm all over SPM. Just have to see if I can get in on the 2 fer trade-in deal @GS. I wouldn't put it past GS to limit quantities on copies on the game this week in light of the deal, but here's hoping I can snag one in the next couple of days.

Otherwise, I hope I can get in on the $45 discount this week @ amazon...

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']last week buddy.[/QUOTE]

Obvious. The point is that the game is so awesome that I expect it to be on this week's list and next week's list and the list for the week after that. RAAAAAWWWWWKKKK!!! :evil:

[quote name='Scobie']Obvious. The point is that the game is so awesome that I expect it to be on this week's list and next week's list and the list for the week after that. RAAAAAWWWWWKKKK!!! :evil:[/QUOTE]

ha, right. thought when you said "Rock!" you were yelling at me for not putting it up. hehe.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']ha, right. thought when you said "Rock!" you were yelling at me for not putting it up. hehe.[/QUOTE]

I'd never yell at you, man... you're doin' fine work out there.

Both Paper Mario games so far have been really good. I'm kinda surprised more people don't pick this one up. Especially since it's less boring from what I've played.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']This may have been discussed before, I don't know...but do you guys or will you guys preview XBL arcade games too?[/quote]

You must not have been around the last two weeks, as Ship has been doing just that, even for Wii and PS3...

Super Paper Mario is fantastic. Anyone with a Wii should at least give it a rent. It's level design is more akin to Yoshi's Island than Super Mario Bros, and is just a lot of fun.

Just a note, guys, that the Best Buy GGC thing has come to an end. New shipments don't have the coupons anymore. Might want to mention that next week.

[quote name='daroga']Super Paper Mario is fantastic. Anyone with a Wii should at least give it a rent. It's level design is more akin to Yoshi's Island than Super Mario Bros, and is just a lot of fun.

Just a note, guys, that the Best Buy GGC thing has come to an end. New shipments don't have the coupons anymore. Might want to mention that next week.[/QUOTE]

Duly noted.

bread's done
Back