Component cable problem

CAGiversary!
Ok, just picked up a component cable for the XBox. Problem is, when I turn it on, everything has a green tint. I tried unplugging and plugging back in, I made sure everything was in the right hole... still no change.

Any ideas, or are the cables just possibly bad?

Check the settings on your TV, especially the tint and color. Some TVs have a different set of settings for each input.

Check the component setting. It might be on the RGB setting, which is what Europe uses and I believe VGA-type component. It should be on the Y'PbPr setting, which is what North American systems use for component video.

Here's the thing... I have 3 other component cables hooked in, and the XBox is the only one with the problem. I even made sure I hooked something else in the same place I tried the XBox, and it was perfect.

So, is there some sort of setting to adjust on the XBox, and how do you get to it?

I'm almost certain it's not the TV.

Thanks!

Sounds like a faulty Component cable...or Xbox. The only way to verify is if you get another cable to try.

Some TVs can adjust the type of component signal it gets, while some game consoles can adjust the type of component signal it sends (I know the PS2 can for sure). If you're sure both things are correct, there is either a problem with the component cable for the Xbox or the Xbox itself.

Right, not that anyone was particularly concerned, it was the cables.

Got some new ones, work beautifully.

Thanks to all!

Quick question: Are the Xbox 360 component cables compatible with the original Xbox? I would like to get my hands on an original Microsoft brand component set, but they're long gone. I have an Intec brand set that prduces bad ghosting, and a Monster set that is noticeably better but still ghosts objects off the screen center.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Quick question: Are the Xbox 360 component cables compatible with the original Xbox? I would like to get my hands on an original Microsoft brand component set, but they're long gone. I have an Intec brand set that prduces bad ghosting, and a Monster set that is noticeably better but still ghosts objects off the screen center.[/quote]
Unfortunately, Microsoft isn't as nice as Sony when it comes to accesory compatibility. The 360 AV cables do NOT work on the Xbox.

I bought the Monster cables without realizing I would need a separate dongle for Dolby Digital audio:bomb:

You're best bet is to try and find some used at a Gamestop near you. The official MS HD AV pack only costs $5 used.

I just got one last week COMPLETE with the component cables at gamestop.:bouncy:

Here's the link for it to try and find one near you:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=900497

Good luck finding them.

[quote name='manthing']Unfortunately, Microsoft isn't as nice as Sony when it comes to accesory compatibility. The 360 AV cables do NOT work on the Xbox.

I bought the Monster cables without realizing I would need a separate dongle for Dolby Digital audio:bomb:

You're best bet is to try and find some used at a Gamestop near you. The official MS HD AV pack only costs $5 used.

I just got one last week COMPLETE with the component cables at gamestop.:bouncy:

Here's the link for it to try and find one near you:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=900497

Good luck finding them.[/quote]

OK, thanks. I'll scout some GSs this week. I'm really curious to see if the official Microsoft Xbox components carried a better signal than Monster.

That link is dead right now...

Thanks again. Found a few within a 50 mile range.

One final question: how did you locate that link? I tried multiple combinations of "Microsoft XBox High Definition AV Pack" on the EB product search and nothing would come up.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Thanks again. Found a few within a 50 mile range.

One final question: how did you locate that link? I tried multiple combinations of "Microsoft XBox High Definition AV Pack" on the EB product search and nothing would come up.[/quote]

Here's how to check the ebgames site for stuff not in stock:

1. Search for something that will be in stock, say Halo or Mario

2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. There should be a lnik that says 'Show backordered items that may be in stores'. Click the link.

3. Search for whatever you want to look for...:D

[quote name='manthing']Here's how to check the ebgames site for stuff not in stock:

1. Search for something that will be in stock, say Halo or Mario

2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. There should be a lnik that says 'Show backordered items that may be in stores'. Click the link.

3. Search for whatever you want to look for...:D[/quote]

That rocks! Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']That rocks! Thanks again, I really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

What he said, that is sweet! i never knew you could do that!

bread's done
Back