Baten Kaitos Origins 19.99 (+Shipping)

Krymner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
GameExpress has the Gamecube RPG Baten Kaitos Origins for $19.99. The downside is the $6 shipping, but that's still as cheap as I've found it anywhere online.

LINK: Baten Kaitos Origins

I've been looking for this game on the cheap for awhile, and this is the first place I've found it at the < $20 pricepoint. I had never ordered from GameExpress before, but I placed my order Monday morning and received it via 3-day UPS this afternoon, so I can't complain about their service.

I just managed to beat the original Baten Kaitos a couple of weeks ago, so I'm looking forward to jumping into this adventure, despite the mixed reviews I've read. But seeing as the original got mixed reviews too, I'll just be happy if the voice acting is better. For real, I laughed my ass off when the credits rolled on the original and the first listing was for "Voice Talent." Yeah, ;) "talent" doesn't begin to describe the voice acting for BK 1.

The GameExpress website also lists a bunch of classic PS1 titles as being in stock, so I'm thinking of grabbing a couple of those I've been searching for.

Have fun!!

It was at fye for 10 bucks a couple of weeks ago. I started playing it, but, not liking it so much, traded it on goozex... made 550 points, which is the equivelent of 25 bucks, so it was a good deal

[quote name='Krymner']GameExpress has the Gamecube RPG Baten Kaitos Origins for $19.99. The downside is the $6 shipping, but that's still as cheap as I've found it anywhere online.

LINK: Baten Kaitos Origins

I've been looking for this game on the cheap for awhile, and this is the first place I've found it at the < $20 pricepoint. I had never ordered from GameExpress before, but I placed my order Monday morning and received it via 3-day UPS this afternoon, so I can't complain about their service.

I just managed to beat the original Baten Kaitos a couple of weeks ago, so I'm looking forward to jumping into this adventure, despite the mixed reviews I've read. But seeing as the original got mixed reviews too, I'll just be happy if the voice acting is better. For real, I laughed my ass off when the credits rolled on the original and the first listing was for "Voice Talent." Yeah, ;) "talent" doesn't begin to describe the voice acting for BK 1.

The GameExpress website also lists a bunch of classic PS1 titles as being in stock, so I'm thinking of grabbing a couple of those I've been searching for.

Have fun!![/quote]

The voice work itself wasn't so bad in BK1 - it was the stupid effect where it sounded like they talked through cardboard tubes. The music definitely made up for it.

BKO has MUCH better voice work, with Milly in particular. The music is just as good in this sequel, and the battle system is faster paced and more fun when making combos. The downside is that the scenes aren't very dynamic and there are still some problems with the randomness of the cards assigned, but it's very underrated.

I think the battle system was a step backwards (I enjoyed the complexity of the first game's system), but voice work was definitely a step in the right direction. Also, though the plot was rather slow for the first two-thirds of the game, it has some real plot twists, especially if you've played the previous game.

Good game. My wife beat the first and sequel. Yes you read correctly: MY WIFE!

I on the other hand didn't care much for it. Shes the RPG Diva, and the only RPGS I have played lately are from Bioware or go by the name of Suikoden.

Regardless, good deal.

i'll need to check my local FYE then if it's $9.99. the first game was good (if you turned off the horrid English dub). people said this game is good, so i'll check it out.

[quote name='shiningslade']It's still $9.99 at FYE. I just got one a couple of days ago.[/quote]

And thanks to my luck, the nearest FYE is 90 minutes from where I live.

[quote name='nefaquotek']And thanks to my luck, the nearest FYE is 90 minutes from where I live.[/quote]

Think that's bad?

Mine closed down last week!

[quote name='linkpwns']Think that's bad?

Mine closed down last week![/quote]

That really is horrible. I think mine closed down about 3 years ago. But then again I dont usually go to the mall too often.

They also appear to have Battleship/Trouble/Connect 4/Sorry (DS) in stock. I assume that's no longer hard-to-find?

bread's done
Back