ZACK & WIKI! 300k Sold! BUY!!! $29.99 Now! IGN: 9.0! 1UP: 9.0! NP: 9.0! GS: 8.5!

[quote name='ananag112']This is Zach. Get to know him.
You play as Zack

Which is it?[/quote]

Sorry that was a label for a picture from IGN.

That honestly sounds freaking awesome. Assuming the controls are utilized well and there aren't a bunch of gestures that come off as broken as in say Super Monkey Ball, this will be a truly unique/awesome title.

EDIT: OK, I just watched that gameplay video, and I'm hella excited about this one. Wow.

Dang...that video is smooth. I like the little man showing you how to do things with the wiimote...some of them are pretty hilarious.

I did an online survey for this game a couple months ago. I thought it looked awesome then and it still looks awesome, I hope it turns out well.

Saw it on 1up Show. Was pretty meh about it, but the whole "if you make a mistake and die, you have to start the whole level (some of which could be up near the 2 hour mark) over again" thing doesn't really make me any more interested in it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Saw it on 1up Show. Was pretty meh about it, but the whole "if you make a mistake and die, you have to start the whole level (some of which could be up near the 2 hour mark) over again" thing doesn't really make me any more interested in it.[/quote]
I think she meant it took 2 hours because she kept dying and had to restart. If she did mean the level was that long though, I'd defniitely have almost no interest in this.

[quote name='Foolman']I think she meant it took 2 hours because she kept dying and had to restart. If she did mean the level was that long though, I'd defniitely have almost no interest in this.[/quote]
Regardless of how long the levels are, the main thing is that you start the level over again after innocently doing the wrong thing (looking into a pot and finding a snake that kills you). That's a bullshit thing to do and the only way that that wouldn't be a big deal is if the levels were short (5-10 minutes at most) or you could save during a level.

^ It does seem kinda cheap, but if what we've heard of the game is indeed an accurate representation of what it'll be like, then it sounds like once you've devoted the time to figuring out how to progress through a stage, then the work is done...I imagine going back through a stage to get where you were won't take too much time once you've already figured out what you have to do to get there. I could be wrong, though - it could feel very cheap and frustrating, but so far, I'm getting the impression that it's kind of an incentive to learn the solutions to the puzzles as you play, in case you wind up needing to head back through.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']^ It does seem kinda cheap, but if what we've heard of the game is indeed an accurate representation of what it'll be like, then it sounds like once you've devoted the time to figuring out how to progress through a stage, then the work is done...I imagine going back through a stage to get where you were won't take too much time once you've already figured out what you have to do to get there. I could be wrong, though - it could feel very cheap and frustrating, but so far, I'm getting the impression that it's kind of an incentive to learn the solutions to the puzzles as you play, in case you wind up needing to head back through.[/quote]
It would really depend on how long the level is and how many of these traps are in each stage.

Well the graphics look pretty good...but I Don't know about the gameplay. Looks kinda repetitive/boring ,but maybe it'll be good. That "restarting 2 hour long levels" thing sounds pretty bad as well...

But I guess it's a cheaper game for a reason...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Saw it on 1up Show. Was pretty meh about it, but the whole "if you make a mistake and die, you have to start the whole level (some of which could be up near the 2 hour mark) over again" thing doesn't really make me any more interested in it.[/quote]

Considering the game is still a work in progress, perhaps it would better to wait and see if the restart the entire level thing stays in the final release. I mean Treasure Island Z isn't even confirmed to be the final name for this thing.

By the way, can I get a link on the restart the whole level again thing? I want to see it in context of the preview.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Considering the game is still a work in progress, perhaps it would better to wait and see if the restart the entire level thing stays in the final release. I mean Treasure Island Z isn't even confirmed to be the final name for this thing.

By the way, can I get a link on the restart the whole level again thing? I want to see it in context of the preview.[/quote]

http://wii.ign.com/articles/780/780374p2.html

The goal for each stage is to find and obtain a treasure chest located within and the difficulty varies between puzzles, but even the earliest areas had some players perplexed. We don't view this is a drawback, but a plus -- genuine gameplay hurdles are a rare commodity in today's industry and we're pleased to see a game that doesn't make any excuses for being hard. It is also mean. If you mess up at any point during a puzzle, Zack will die and you will have to restart the challenge from scratch. Some of the challenges lasted between 10 and 20 minutes depending on the player. Amazingly -- and this truly takes a lot of nerve -- a company representative said one particular puzzle in the game can take as long as two hours to complete. How would you like to die at the end of that one and have to restart the entire process? The game ranks you on time and whether or not you asked for a hint and compiles and end score based on both. Theoretically, there's a lot of replay value to be had for gamers who want the best score.

treasurechopbr5cc6ey4.gif

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It would really depend on how long the level is and how many of these traps are in each stage.[/quote]welcome to capcom games, anyone remember having to go through 5 stages and all the boss chars again to get to Wily EVERY SINGLE TIME

Looks pretty cool to me. Hope that crap about restarting levels isn't right, I'm just going to wait for reviews...
And that wiimote wanking looks fun.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Wiki better be the monkey. And he's your guide for the game.[/quote]
It's always been known that Zack is the pirate kid. Check the OP for confirmation on that.

I've been stoked for this game since I saw the first screens and heard the Monkey Island-esque description. I'm astonished they're going to sell this at a reduced price, because it could easily justify $50 based on what I've seen.

The new title is foul, however. What do the Japanese have against simplicity?

[quote name='Tybee']
The new title is foul, however. What do the Japanese have against simplicity?[/quote]

I bet they're insecure that they only have a little island to themselves, like the brits. So they overcompensate for that with titles that are larger than Strell's Penis.

[quote name='MarioColbert']I bet they're insecure that they only have a little island to themselves, like the brits. So they overcompensate for that with titles that are larger than Strell's Penis.[/quote]

That's silly. Clearly that title is longer than two letters. I........oh.

[quote name='Tybee']
The new title is foul, however. What do the Japanese have against simplicity?[/quote]localization team probably thinks longer is better

[quote name='dallow']What? I thought it was supposed to be $29.99?[/quote]
This game has always been $40. The Resident Evil 4 remake is going to be $30.

So the source is obviously highly suspect, but on the latest Wiik in review Cassimasina, Bozon, and Chobot all say that this game is seriously awesome and a must buy. They are supposedly going to be giving it the same treatment they gave eternal darkness and pimping it non-stop in the hope that it sells. They've even been so bold as to call it one of their top 3 anticipated wii titles. I always take IGN with a large grain of salt, but I hope that this game is actually awesome.

bread's done
Back