Cheap Ass Comic Books/Graphic Novels

The other day I was at Waldenbooks picking up a couple comics my local comic store ran out of and they had a bunch of signs advertising a buy 3 get 1 free for all graphic novels and manga. Its an okay deal since the general range is $12-20 and you want to get a lot.

There is this one seller on eBay (I think Dreamland Comics, I think they have a website too, dreamlandcomics.com?) which has them 35% off.

free shipping if you buy a certain number.

Where are you located? Do you want them to own, or just to read? The New York Public Library has a decent selection of graphic novels, manga, etc; I just picked up a copy of Origin that I reserved. Definitely a good move for any comic book-loving cheapass.

I'm in a small town in Illinois and all the comic book stores have gone out of business and the library is being ran by a nazi. :cry:

Check the web for a comic convention in your area. There are usually dealers selling graphic novels for 50% off cover price. Old and new titles. You can't beat it.

I second Strider's recommendation. Mile High has great sales, for weeks at a time, and publicizes them well in your mailbox once you sign up.

If I didn't feel the duty to support my local shop, I'd get them there. As it is, I just get back issues I can't find locally at Mile High.

Have you check on ebay? I have been able to win a few graphic novels of batman, x-men, and fable for at least 2/3 off the cover price with shipping include. Give it a try :wink: .

East Coast Comics Has the best prices I have ever found for comics. I buy all mine from them.
buy_online_F2.gif

I know I wouldn't mind catching up with a set of those old Nintendo Worlds of Power novels, where you choose your own ending. One was for Ninja Gaiden, one for Castlevania, one for Iron Sword, etc. They were the freaking shit in 3rd grade.

And here's to hoping that I'm not the only one who remembers the things.

[quote name='eshbums']One in a while milehighcomics.com has some good deals on graphic novels.[/quote]

I checked that site out and it stinks. The prices are great, but it doesn't have secure pages to make your order and I got a confirmation that I ordered something when I didn't order anything - I never entered any billing info.

The best part is that they say that the price can change after you order something. WTF?

[quote name='Skylander7']I know I wouldn't mind catching up with a set of those old Nintendo Worlds of Power novels, where you choose your own ending. One was for Ninja Gaiden, one for Castlevania, one for Iron Sword, etc. They were the freaking shit in 3rd grade.

And here's to hoping that I'm not the only one who remembers the things.[/quote]

i got some of those world of power books..i dont remember choosing your own ending but i only read the ninja gaiden so i dont know

[quote name='Skylander7']I know I wouldn't mind catching up with a set of those old Nintendo Worlds of Power novels, where you choose your own ending. One was for Ninja Gaiden, one for Castlevania, one for Iron Sword, etc. They were the freaking shit in 3rd grade.

And here's to hoping that I'm not the only one who remembers the things.[/quote]

Oh, hell yeah! I had a bunch of those. Blaster Master... Metal Gear... Mega Man 2... Those were some fucking awesome books.

The selection is limited but there is good deals to be had through the Science Fiction Book Club. They give you a pile nearly free for joining. The trick is to be patient and wait for the clearances sales to make the purchases that qualify towards your obligatory set.

Right now they're showing a very small range of graphic novels but they've had a much wider selection previously and probably well again.

Also, if you know a current member there should be a bonus if their account is referenced when you join, so you may be able to work out a deal to sweeten things and make more worthwhile.

[quote name='morpheusxp']East Coast Comics Has the best prices I have ever found for comics. I buy all mine from them.
buy_online_F2.gif
[/quote]
I also have used East Coast Comics as well and I like them,
But recently I have been useing Comics Now and they have a great selection and cheep prices
and for hard to find stuff I go to Bud Plant Comic Art so there you go I hope you find what you are looking for and have a happy new year. :D

Seriously, beware of milehighcomics!!

I got another email with an invoice number on it. I guess they are gonna ship me the comics and expect me to pay. The link said click here to review your order and the next thing I know they are sending me stuff. WTF??

Cheap ass link

Things from another world is a great site for comics

Not sure about deals but I ordered from them on mutiple occasions after my comic shop closed and I wanted to complete a few series before I offically quit collecting myself.

I still buy a few books here and there but nothing like I used to about 5 years ago.

[quote name='jginiso']Check the web for a comic convention in your area. There are usually dealers selling graphic novels for 50% off cover price. Old and new titles. You can't beat it.[/quote]

This is what I do. You'd be surprised what you can find at conventions and shows. Theres one dealer that I usually bump into at every show that I go to and he has about 10-15 long boxes full of GN's for $5 bucks. I always walk away with at least 5 or 10.

bread's done
Back