Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Fire up the fretboard, crank up the amp and get ready to rock like never before! Guitar Hero™ III: Legends of Rock drops you into the spotlight of the largest and most legendary rock concert ever.
  • Songs: Enjoy more than 70 of the most legendary rock anthems of all-time.
  • Modes: Try the added multiplayer modes, including the arcade-inspired Guitar Battle and the dual shredding co-op career. Challenge the legends of rock and roll in boss battles, then take those axe-shredding skills online and rock around the world. See how you match up against the best in the world on the Leaderboards.
  • Downloads: Expand upon your Guitar Hero experience with downloadable songs, themes and picture packs.
  • Gameplay: All-new tricked out venues take you to hell and back. And check out your favorite characters freshly fitted with a few new faces.
  • The Guitar Hero III Gibson Les Paul/Kramer Guitar Controller: The controller is completely redesigned with a simple wireless channel setup, that gives you the freedom to rock without constraints. Swappable faceplates provide maximum customization (available on the Les Paul Controller). The breakaway neck allows for easier transportation between performances. Stylized Start and Back buttons and a new extended strum bar design will have you blasting out the hits. And the auto sleep mode will save battery power for extended jam sessions.
12/20: DLC
WB/Reprise Pack 500pts
Linkin Park - No More Sorrow
The Used - Pretty Handsome Awkward
Mastodon - Sleeping Giant

Stevie Ouimette - We Three Kings - 0pts

Die Fantastischen Vier - Ernten Was Wir Säen - 200pts
Extremoduro - So Payaso - 200pts
Trust - Antisocial - 200pts

11/22: DLC
Halo 3 Theme MJOLNIR Mix - 0pts

11/17: DLC
Boss Battle Track Pack - 0pts
Devil Went Down To Georgia
Original Composition by Slash
Original Composition by Tom Morello

11/8: DLC
Velvet Revolver Pack - 500pts
- She Builds Quick Machines
- Slither
Foo Fighters Pack - 500pts
- The Pretender
- All My Life
- This is a Call
OFFICIAL TRACKLIST BY TIER
  • Tier 1:
Foghat - "Slow Ride"
Poison - "Talk Dirty to Me"
Pat Benatar - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
Social Distortion - "Story of My Life"

Encore: Kiss - "Rock and Roll All Nite"
Co-op Encore: Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
  • Tier 2:
Mountain - "Mississippi Queen
Alice Cooper - "School’s Out"
Cream - "Sunshine of Your Love"
Heart - "Barracuda"

Boss: Tom Morello - Guitar Battle
Encore: Rage Against the Machine - "Bull’s on Parade"
Co-op Encore: The Strokes - "Reptilia"
  • Tier 3:
The Killers - "When You Were Young"
AFI - "Miss Murder"
The Who - "The Seeker"
Priestess - "Lay Down"

Encore: Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"
Co-op Encore: Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Suck My Kiss"
  • Tier 4:
Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"
The Sex Pistols - "Anarchy in the UK"
Sonic Youth - "Kool Thing"
Weezer - "My Name Is Jonas"

Encore: Pearl Jam - "Evenflow"
Co-op Encore: Blue Oyster Cult - "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll"
  • Tier 5:
The Dead Kennedys - "Holiday in Cambodia"
Scorpions - "Rock You Like a Hurricane"
Aerosmith - "Same Old Song and Dance"
ZZ Top - "La Grange"

Boss: Slash - Guitar Battle

Encore: Guns N Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle"
Co-op Encore: Bloc Party - "Hellicopter"
  • Tier 6:
Santana - "Black Magic Woman"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Cherub Rock"
White Zombie - "Black Sunshine"
Tenacious D - "The Metal"

Encore: Stevie Ray Vaughn - "Pride and Joy"
Co-op Encore: Matchbook Romance - "Monsters"
  • Tier 7:
Slipknot - "Before I Forget"
Disturbed - "Stricken"
Queens of the Stone Age - "3’s and 7’s"
Muse - "Knights of Cydonia"

Encore:
Living Colour- "Cult of Personality"
  • Tier 8:
Slayer - "Raining Blood"
Eric Johnson - "Cliffs of Dover"
Iron Maiden - "Number of the Beast"
Metallica - "One"

Boss: Lou - Guitar Battle
Encore: "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
  • Bonus Tracks:
An Endless Sporadic - "Impulse"
Backyard Babies - "Minus Celsius"
Bret Michaels Band - "Go That Far"
Die Toten Hosen - "Hier Kommit Alex"
Dragonforce - "Through the Fire and the Flames"
Fall of Troy - "FCP Remix"
Gallows - "In the Belly of a Shark"
The Hellacopters - "I’m in the Band"
Heroes del Silencio - "Avalancha"
In Flames - "Take This Life"
Kaiser Chiefs - "Ruby"
Killswitch Engage - "My Curse"
LA Slum Lords - "Down N Dirty"
Lacuna Coil - "Closer"
Lions - "Metal Heavy Lady"
NAAST - "Mauvis Garcon"
Prototype - "The Way It Ends"
Revolverhead - "Generation Rock"
Rise Against - "Prayer of the Refugee"
Scouts of St. Sebastian - "In Love"
Senses Fail- "Can’t Be Saved"
The Sleeping- "Don’t Hold Back"
The Stone Roses - "She Bangs the Drums"
Superbus- "Radio Song"
CONFIRMED SONGS:
  1. Aerosmith - Same Old Song And Dance (Master)
  2. AFI - Miss Murder (Master)
  3. Alice Cooper - School's Out
  4. Backyard Babies - Minus Celsius (Master)
  5. Beastie Boys - Sabotage (Master)
  6. Black Sabbath - Paranoid
  7. Bloc Party - Helicopter (Master)
  8. Blue Oyster Cult - Cities on Flame
  9. Bret Michaels Band - Go That Far (Master)
  10. Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down To Georgia
  11. Cream - Sunshine of Your Love
  12. Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia
  13. Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex (Master)
  14. Disturbed - Stricken (Master)
  15. Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames (Master)
  16. Eric Johnson - Cliffs Of Dover
  17. Foghat - Slowride
  18. Gallows - In the Belly of a Shark (Master)
  19. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (Master)
  20. Heart - Barracuda
  21. Heroes Del Silencio - Avalancha (Master)
  22. In Flames - Take This Life (Master)
  23. Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (Master)
  24. Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby (Master)
  25. Kiss - Rock N Roll All Nite
  26. Lacuna Coil - Closer (Master)
  27. Living Colour - Cult of Personality (Master)
  28. Matchbook Romance - Monsters (Master)
  29. Metallica - One (Master)
  30. Mountain - Mississippi Queen
  31. Muse - Knights of Cydonia (Master)
  32. NAAST - Mauvais Garcon (Master)
  33. Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
  34. Pearl Jam - Evenflow (Master)
  35. Poison - Talk Dirty to Me (?)
  36. Priestess - Lay Down (Master)
  37. Queens of the Stone Age - 3's and 7's (Master)
  38. Rage Against The Machine - Bulls On Parade (Master)
  39. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss (Master)
  40. Revolverheld - Generation Rock (Master)
  41. Rolling Stones - Paint it Black (Master)
  42. Santana - Black Magic Woman
  43. Slayer - Raining Blood (Master)
  44. Slipknot - Before I forget (Master)
  45. Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock (Master)
  46. Social Distortion - Story Of My Life
  47. Sonic Youth - Cool Thing (Master)
  48. Stevie Ray Vaughn - Pride And Joy
  49. Superbus - Radio Song (Master)
  50. Tenacious D - The Metal (Master)
  51. The Hellacopters - I’m in the Band (Master)
  52. The Killers - When You Were Young (Master)
  53. The Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
  54. The Stone Roses -She Bangs the Drums (?)
  55. The Strokes - Reptillia (Master)
  56. The Who - The Seeker
  57. Weezer - My Name is Jonas (Master)
  58. White Zombie - Black Sunshine
  59. ZZ Top - La Grange

Boss Battle Bosses
  • Slash (Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver)
  • Bret Michaels (Poison/Bret Michaels Band)
  • Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave)

Update 12/15: New DLC Announced For December
The Warner/Reprise Track Pack (master recordings)Single song downloads (courtesy of "popular European bands")
"Free, exclusive rock rendition" of a holiday classic
  • "We Three Kings" by Steve Ouimette
In fitting with tradition, you can expect the Warner/Reprise/Wrist Slasher Special track pack to cost $6.25 when it appears on the Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Network sometime in December. We'll let you know as soon we've confirmed the prices of the individual songs.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/14/guitar-hero-iii-dlc-the-used-mastadon-roams-linkin-park/

Update 10/21: Demo out tomorrow
SUNNYVALE, CA - October 22, 2007 - Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced a special Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network weekend for the highly anticipated title, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Beginning November 2, 2007, fans 13 years old or older will be able to participate in a number of exciting activities online including a 72-hour Play & Win Sweepstakes where every hour winning axe shredders who register and play are awarded with special prize packages, such as a limited edition guitar faceplate signed by Slash, as they battle in a multiplayer showdown against the developers of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, as well as an exclusive Xbox LIVE leaderboard tournament to crown the top Guitar Hero player.

Before Guitar Hero fans sign up for this gnarly shredfest, they will have the rockin' opportunity to practice their skills with a free game demo available for download on Tuesday, October 23 exclusively through Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The free game demo, playable with either the X-Plorer guitar or Xbox 360 controller, will include the following 5 finger-melting songs:

- Even Flow (by Pearl Jam) - Lay Down (by Priestess) - The Metal (by Tenacious D) - Hit Me with your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benatar) - Rock You like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14870/Guitar-Hero-III-Weekend-Announced-Demo-Confirmed/

Update 8/23: Demo w/Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
GUITAR HERO™ III: LEGENDS OF ROCK DEMO TO DEBUT ON
TONY HAWK’S PROVING GROUND

Gamers to Get Their First Licks in with the Purchase of the
Latest Installment in the #1 Action Sports Franchise

Santa Monica, CA – August 23, 2007 – Guitar Hero fanatics prepare to get the first fix of the upcoming Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock video game demo with the launch of Activision, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground, slated to ship to stores on October 9. Players who purchase the Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground game for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will get an exclusive two week head start on experiencing the demo to this year’s hottest music based video game before its release on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace.

“Music is such a huge part of skateboarding culture and pairing the Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock demo with Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground makes perfect sense,” said Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. “We’re excited to bring together two highly anticipated games and give fans their first chance to rock out with the franchise that’s taken the world by storm.”
The demo features five tracks set in the Desert Rock Tour venue. Players will be able to rock out to:

Lay Down (by Priestess)
Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
The Metal (by Tenacious D)
Hit Me with your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benatar)
Rock You like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23749

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/guitarheroiii/

guitar-hero-iii-20070530022511639-000.jpg

guitar-hero-iii-20070530022517639-000.jpg

guitar-hero-iii-overview.jpg

I assume my Xplorer GHII guitar will work with this title? Otherwise, fucking hell no.

When's the estimated release date?

One would hope that the Guitar Hero II Xplorer guitars will be compatible with the new game, and if that is the case, then ROCK ON! Guitar Hero II's sucky tracklist (hey! it's the truth!) will definitely be tired by the time "late 2007" rolls around, and seeing as no sane man would pay for their riddiculously priced DLC, I'm sure Guitar Hero fans will welcome GHIII with open arms.

Now, if they can get some ****ing Led Zeppelin in the game...

I wonder if this means they are shitcanning any and all plans of adding online play to GH2. Unfortunate if that is the case, since they clearly think they can pull it off with these recent announcements. What would really be nice is if they let people use downloaded stuff from GH1 in GH2 OR GH3 so we don't have to buy stuff again, but that would require the publishers to be generous, so I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='PyroGamer']sucky tracklist (hey! it's the truth!)[/QUOTE]

Hey! You're wrong!

[quote name='KaneRobot']I wonder if this means they are shitcanning any and all plans of adding online play to GH2. Unfortunate if that is the case, since they clearly think they can pull it off with these recent announcements. What would really be nice is if they let people use downloaded stuff from GH1 in GH2 OR GH3 so we don't have to buy stuff again, but that would require the publishers to be generous, so I'm not holding my breath.[/quote]

I lost hope once GHIII was announced. Why would they throw online mode into 2 and charge $10 tops when they could make you pay $60 to get an online mode.

[quote name='Mattte']I lost hope once GHIII was announced. Why would they throw online mode into 2 and charge $10 tops when they could make you pay $60 to get an online mode.[/QUOTE]
Yes, and then charge you for the GH2 tracks to "play them online for the first time in Guitar Hero III!" For more money than GH2 costs by itself, of course.

That "varying build quality" of guitars that they mentioned is going to turn into a HUGE mess for them, I can see it already.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yes, and then charge you for the GH2 tracks to "play them online for the first time in Guitar Hero III!" For more money than GH2 costs by itself, of course.

That "varying build quality" of guitars that they mentioned is going to turn into a HUGE mess for them, I can see it already.[/quote]

I don't see why. When GHII came out I was actually wondering why they didnt make more than one guitar version. It could have the same internal components and just have different shells, you go to the store and pick up the one(s) you like...its all good.

Im really really glad i passed on GHII, strictly for the fact that i knew wireless guitars had to be coming.

Online multiplayer + wireless guitars = win

I'm really happy to see that they are going wireless.

The online multiplayer I can live without. Any sort of lag on GH is ridiculously annoying.

Why is skipping out on GH2 a good thing again? the wireless controller? you people act like it hinders you in someway, and did I mention Frets On Fire?

yea sorta glad that didnt jump on it ...

i can wait for gh3 + wireless guitar + online..

im sure they will package it with a wireless anyways.. isnt the ps2 version packaged with a wireless guitar?

[quote name='guyver2077']im sure they will package it with a wireless anyways.. isnt the ps2 version packaged with a wireless guitar?[/quote]

No.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Why is skipping out on GH2 a good thing again? the wireless controller? you people act like it hinders you in someway, and did I mention Frets On Fire?[/quote]

Because it costs $90, and a superior product (wireless controller and new songs) is only months away. By then if I wanted I could buy just the GH II game and have all sorts of content for a lot less money.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I hope you guys realize that fall 07 actually means spring 08, so don't get your hopes up yet.[/QUOTE]

GHII sold extremely well for PS2 this past Christmas. I didn't read the article in the OP, but I believe it's coming out for 360, PS3, PS2, AND Wii...so, it's probably safe to say it'll be out for Christmas 07.

Makes me not want to pick up GHII when it's available. Unless I find a GOOD deal.. then maybe.

Or just wait to get GHIII..and then find a cheap copy of GHII.. ::shrugs::

[quote name='captmurphy']Because it costs $90, and a superior product (wireless controller and new songs) is only months away. By then if I wanted I could buy just the GH II game and have all sorts of content for a lot less money.[/quote]

GHIII will still cost 90 bucks, and if you want GHII you will still have to pay for it.

I fail to see the logic.
edit:unless the wireless guitar means that much to you.

[quote name='hhhdx4']GHIII will still cost 90 bucks, and if you want GHII you will still have to pay for it.

I fail to see the logic.
edit:unless the wireless guitar means that much to you.[/quote]

If I bought guitar hero II right now, I would spend $90, and then another $90 when GH III came out for a total of $180.

If I wait, I can spend $90 on GH III, pick up a used copy of GH II for $25.

[quote name='captmurphy']If I bought guitar hero II right now, I would spend $90, and then another $90 when GH III came out for a total of $180.

If I wait, I can spend $90 on GH III, pick up a used copy of GH II for $25.[/quote]

why would you spend another 90 bucks? they will sell the game separately.

[quote name='captmurphy']If I bought guitar hero II right now, I would spend $90, and then another $90 when GH III came out for a total of $180.

If I wait, I can spend $90 on GH III, pick up a used copy of GH II for $25.[/quote]

You could make that argument about any piece of technology/software.

I could say, why buy an XBox360 now? I could wait 4 years and get one for $200? Why buy Lost Planet now? I could get Lost Planet for $10 in 4 years when Lost Planet 7: Super Special Collection Edition comes out!

Sweet deal, but honestly, as much as I love my PS2 RO wireless guitar, the build is kind of shitty. I hope they give the guitar quality a boost. Guess I'll pick up the GHII pack soon, and then a wireless GHIII combo in November.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I hope you guys realize that fall 07 actually means spring 08, so don't get your hopes up yet.[/quote]

k..
ill be playing halo 3 fall 07 anyway

Since it is going to be my first GH game (and prob only last) I rather wait for the wireless controllers. Some you guys who bought GHII are taking your anger out on those who waited.

[quote name='help1']Since it is going to be my first GH game (and prob only last) I rather wait for the wireless controllers. Some you guys who bought GHII are taking your anger out on those who waited.[/quote]

Actually I'm taking my anger out by playing Guitar Hero II. Damn it's fun. If only you knew.

This makes me mad. I just dropped $150 on GHII and it is already outdated. Not unplayable, but outdated. Hopefully just the game will cost significantly less than a regular 360 game.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Actually I'm taking my anger out by playing Guitar Hero II. Damn it's fun. If only you knew.[/quote]

I said some. You are apparently not apart of the some.

Its going to be $129 with one wireless controller. But I'm glad I held off on the GHII. I can wait for this one. I really want a wireless guitar controller.

I love how they waited until the week after GH2 was released to announce the fact that part three would have online play and wireless guitars. Very sneaky...

[quote name='Graystone']Its going to be $129 with one wireless controller. But I'm glad I held off on the GHII. I can wait for this one. I really want a wireless guitar controller.[/quote]

WTF? Where did you hear this?

[quote name='Nevernude']I love how they waited until the week after GH2 was released to announce the fact that part three would have online play and wireless guitars. Very sneaky...[/quote]

so you wont play guitar hero II because it doesnt have online?

It is pretty dumb that some of you guys are not buying Guitar Hero 2 just because a third one is coming out. The main difference between each of the new Guitar Hero games is just that they have different songs. It isn't like those songs won't be fun any more or that the gameplay is drastically different. I also can't see online play for this type of game being very fun.

Wireless guitar sounds good. Hopefully the xplorer will work too. Personally, I like the wired controller better. I used the frontman wireless for the PS2, and it always felt just a little off.

[quote name='hhhdx4']so you wont play guitar hero II because it doesnt have online?[/quote]

I will still play a lot of it. But if I would have had this information sooner I may have waited for GH3. The online play I could do without but the wireless guitar kind of stings a little bit.

bread's done
Back