Remember that show GameLife? Well, host arrested for making VT threat. *UPDATE*

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
*Update* He;s outon $50,000 bail awaiting trial.

"A part-time Boston University student accused of threatening to recreate the bloodshed at Virginia Tech at his ex-girlfriend’s college is expected to be released today on $50,000 cash bail but must remain at home and will be monitored by an electronic bracelet.
Andrew Rosenblum, 20, pleaded not guilty today to three counts of intent to do bodily harm. He must wear the monitoring device until his trial.
Rosenblum was arrested in Newton-Wellesley Hospital today and arraigned a few hours later in Roxbury District Court.
Rosenblum shuffled into court this morning to face charges he sent threatening e-mails to an ex-girlfriend where he allegedly said he would recreate the Virginia Tech bloodshed at her school, Wheelock College.

“(I)’m gonna (expletive) bring a gun to your school and kill you and K (another female student) and everybody you love. It’s gonna be VT all over again,” Rosenblum is alleged to have written in an e-mail to his ex-girlfriend.
“Seriously I’m just that demented,” Rosenblum wrote in a police report obtained by the Herald Tuesday.
Rosenblum was picked up by Needham police officers at his parents’ Wildwood Drive home Tuesday after Boston police responded to a 911 call placed by a student at Wheelock College, a private college for women in the city. Police brought the 20-year-old to Newton-Wellesley Hospital as BPD police sought an arrest warrant.
The 5-foot-5-inch Rosenblum is also the founder and host of GameLife Video Game Review Show that is streamed on MTV’s broadband video channel, Overdrive.
Rosenblum’s father, Howard Rosenblum, refused comment today but his attorney, J.W. Carney Jr., said his client was upset and did not choose his words wisely.
“Sometimes kids don’t know the power of words,” Carney told the Herald today.
Carney said Rosenblum was despondent over the death of his grandmother and the break-up with the alleged victim.
“He used inappropriate language to show his pain,” said Carney. “He’s an immature young man upset over the break up and death of a grandmother.”
In the courtroom today was BU campus Detective Ron Ford who asked for and received a no trespass order at BU against Rosenblum.
“We didn’t want to take any chances with the safety of students,” Ford said.
Rosenblum was a full-time student at Marist College in New York but left to take a semester off, Carney said. He was taking an art and religion class at BU, Carney added.
Prosecutor Jonathon Thynes called Rosenblum’s alleged threats “very inflammatory comments.”
Roxbury District Court Judge Ed Redd also refused to allow Rosenblum to attend temple saying, “I have some serious concerns about that.”

I like how they call her his girlfriend after....what, three pity dates?

I don't know if ay of you remember short-lived game show GameLife, which had a bunch of socially awkward teens PAINFULLY talking about games in front of a camera, but if you do:

Some of you may have been fans of GameLife and would certainly recognize who Andrew Rosenblum is. If you're familiar with Rosenblum and the show, then this news may come as somewhat of a shock. According to Boston police reports, the GameLife host was picked up as a result of "an e-mail threatening to kill an ex-girlfriend and recreate the Virginia Tech bloodshed at her school."

Rosenblum allegedly wrote these words to the 19-year-old female target:

“(I)’m gonna (expletive) bring a gun to your school and kill you and K (another female student) and everybody you love. It’s gonna be VT all over again,” 20-year-old Andrew Rosenblum allegedly wrote in an e-mail to the victim just hours after 32 people were gunned at Virginia Tech.

“Seriously I’m just that demented,” Rosenblum wrote, according to a BPD report. He ended the message with a threat to commit homicide and suicide: “killing people can change people’s lives forever. (T)he best is in the end when I pull the trigger on myself, too.”

Allegedly, the girl had gone out with Rosenblum on three separate occasions and once that had ended the harassment began. From the Boston Herald:

The 19-year-old woman told cops she went on three dates with Rosenblum at the beginning of the school year, but had broken up with him. Rosenblum then allegedly harassed her, she said, according to the police report.

The victim began receiving the disturbing instant e-mail messages just before midnight Monday - the day of the Virginia Tech massacre - which she saved and printed, according to the report.

Bad timing, bad taste, and poor judgement all around, Andrew."

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=195361

Gamelife site www.gamelifeshow.com

I mean, I thought the show was lame and the kid was a walking stereotype, but c'mon.

jt.jpg

Response from another host, "Melissa":

I only recently learned of this. Anyone who knows Andrew knows he would never do anything violent. This was clearly a cry for attention that came from a very dark and lonely place inside of Andrew. It seems the media in general is already treating this as some hot topic when, in reality, it is a small story about a sad and confused guy who needs to get some help. He is now getting that help.

Stupid, stupid, stupid response in light of what happened yesterday, with the warning signs showing up early and often. Please do the gaming community a favor and shut the fuck up for the duration, "Melissa."

Oh no they found my leters!!!

Some guy on MSNBC was complaining that everyone was gonig "Worst Mass Shooting EVER!!!" Because he knew it would lead to copycats trying to kill 33 people, then 34, and so on. Guess he was correct sooner than he most likely thought.

That's him? I guess 3 dates was a personal best.

Actually, it's him, but it's kinda not him. Go hit their website or do a Google image search for his name and/or Gamelife. You'll see that whatever studio did those yearbook photos can clearly work some magic.

Nerd gets into games because society shuns him, games cripple nerd's ability to communicate and integrate more...it always ends badly for this extreme type, if usually quietly. Along these lines, I think games are detrimental to the individual, just as alcohol or pot or gambling isn't a real good idea for certain people who already come prepackaged with a laundry list of issues and demons. Guys like him should be forced to stop running into fantasyland to hide from Reality, forced to confront their deficiencies. Ah, who am I kidding? Let's let the ranks thin themselves out by any means necessary!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']After three dates? Damn.[/QUOTE]

power of the pussy my friend. Power of the pussy.

What the hell ever happened to the days when an angry white guy would get a 6 pack of beer beer, Race his car around town, and then find a hooker to blow off some steam.

Legalized prostitution relegated to well-supervised brothels or such would make the world a much happier place. I'm sure even many a married/'attached' man would agree.

This stuff really isn't funny anymore, 30 people are dead because someone made the leap from just threatening and writing about killing to actually doing it.

I'm not pointing the finger at the University or the authorities but I'd expect things like written threats to be taking pretty seriously from now on. I'm not advocating jail time as a cure but something needs to be done.

And that "Melissa" chick really is a fuck ing Moron as well, just the kind of person I'd expect to find on MTV.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I'm sure she's cringing while remembering this picture.

I don't know what the context was, I just found it with an image search.[/QUOTE]

I remember her being really cute.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Legalized prostitution relegated to well-supervised brothels or such would make the world a much happier place. I'm sure even many a married/'attached' man would agree.[/quote]

Not arguing with that per se, but suggesting that prostitution would "cure" nut jobs like the VA shooter and this Rosenblum guy is more than a stretch. They're mental, not horny...

I was responding to Graystone's post more than I was prescribing a remedy for this kind of headcase. Although...it couldn't hurt, could it?

[quote name='benjamouth']This stuff really isn't funny anymore, 30 people are dead because someone made the leap from just threatening and writing about killing to actually doing it.

I'm not pointing the finger at the University or the authorities but I'd expect things like written threats to be taking pretty seriously from now on. I'm not advocating jail time as a cure but something needs to be done.

And that "Melissa" chick really is a fuck ing Moron as well, just the kind of person I'd expect to find on MTV.[/quote]

You seem to be as much of an "expert" as Jack Thompson. If the VT shooter's sister comes out and says something about how she loved her brother and he was always nice and caring with her, you think she is just a stupid bitch?? Of course not. Melissa knew this guy for quite awhile, and she never experienced any behavior like this. Yes, the guy should be given a psych evaluation and monitored, but you don't know anything about this guy or his friend Melissa. Every depressed and quiet person isn't a mass murderer as the media has seemingly convinced you to believe.

[quote name='dallow']From GAF.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's an "I love lamp" picture if I ever saw one.

Or better yet, I want to music. Yeah. In jail maybe.

this is what happens when you forget to work the middle guys. His woman was a cum freak who got sick of dating because her vagina was getting cold. He was sick of never getting to the bottom of a vagina, since men have already cummed in the brains of all the women he has met.

[quote name='Apossum']this is what happens when you forget to work the middle guys. His woman was a cum freak who got sick of dating because her vagina was getting cold. He was sick of never getting to the bottom of a vagina, since men have already cummed in the brains of all the women he has met.[/QUOTE]

Well that was certainly what I was going to say next.

[quote name='Apossum']this is what happens when you forget to work the middle guys. His woman was a cum freak who got sick of dating because her vagina was getting cold. He was sick of never getting to the bottom of a vagina, since men have already cummed in the brains of all the women he has met.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Only problem is, I really doubt the girl fucked him in the first place.

[quote name='Strell']...

Well that was certainly what I was going to say next.[/QUOTE]

Someone hasn't found the multiple G-spots.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']You seem to be as much of an "expert" as Jack Thompson. If the VT shooter's sister comes out and says something about how she loved her brother and he was always nice and caring with her, you think she is just a stupid bitch?? Of course not. Melissa knew this guy for quite awhile, and she never experienced any behavior like this. Yes, the guy should be given a psych evaluation and monitored, but you don't know anything about this guy or his friend Melissa. Every depressed and quiet person isn't a mass murderer as the media has seemingly convinced you to believe.[/QUOTE]

Lies.

Gamelife was fucking retarded (as are all of the shittly little "home grown" video game shows that have been cropping up lately), and I'm so glad that it's going away now. Anyone that thought that the "show" that was put together by that bunch of akward, poorly presented, poorly spoken asshats who never, ever, EVER needed to be in front of camera (outside of a mugshot, lawl) was "charming," was an accessory to their crimes against humanity and common decency, and deserves some strict punishment as well. Game blogs are bad enough, but the "movement" that Gamelife helped to spark, of these shitty home-grown game shows, is a crime beyond punishment.

Andrew Rosenblum was one of the most painful people that my poor eyeballs and ears have ever had to endure, and I always kind of hoped he'd die in some horrible way. This will do, though. This will follow him the rest of his life, and he'll be struggling with the consequences of what he did until the day he dies, so, I suppose that's even worse.

[quote name='Apossum']Someone hasn't found the multiple G-spots.[/QUOTE]

I invented them.

And then I invented the portable hole.

And then I realized that was redundant, because I already have your mom.

[quote name='Strell']I invented them.

And then I invented the portable hole.

And then I realized that was redundant, because I already have your mom.[/QUOTE]

This, people, is the product of years of practice with your mom jokes. Well played Jeeves, well played :applause:

30 seconds into episode 8 of gamelife is all I need to tell how crappy this show is. Who wants to watch a bunch of dudes with down syndrome review a game?

[quote name='dragonreborn23']If the VT shooter's sister comes out and says something about how she loved her brother and he was always nice and caring with her, you think she is just a stupid bitch?? Of course not. Melissa knew this guy for quite awhile, and she never experienced any behavior like this.[/QUOTE]

There's a major difference between a relative and a fellow employee. This Melissa girl is just covering her own ass, so she's not known as "Didn't you star in that show with the crazy guy?" Hell, maybe she's concerned if she said "Well yeah. He's been a little off lately" that he'd come after her next.

Gamelife was ing retarded (as are all of the shittly little "home grown" video game shows that have been cropping up lately), and I'm so glad that it's going away now. Anyone that thought that the "show" that was put together by that bunch of akward, poorly presented, poorly spoken asshats who never, ever, EVER needed to be in front of camera (outside of a mugshot, lawl) was "charming," was an accessory to their crimes against humanity and common decency, and deserves some strict punishment as well. Game blogs are bad enough, but the "movement" that Gamelife helped to spark, of these shitty home-grown game shows, is a crime beyond punishment.

post-standing-ovation.jpg

This will follow him the rest of his life, and he'll be struggling with the consequences of what he did until the day he dies, so, I suppose that's even worse.

"Indeed, there are fates worse than death."

[quote name='Moose_Man']30 seconds into episode 8 of gamelife is all I need to tell how crappy this show is. Who wants to watch a bunch of dudes with down syndrome review a game?[/QUOTE]

I just watched a couple minutes of episode 1, skipping around a little, and came to the following conclusion:

The show is basically watching some guy's thumb while he plays a game and occasionally says something incoherent about said game.

Game Life may be one of the reasons I don't rep the Nintendo set no mo'.

Also:

Game LIFE -- Contradictory.

bread's done
Back