What should I rent over spring break?

Amanda the Red Mage

CAGiversary!
Spring break is in a few weeks and I have a coupon for a free videogame rental in the month of March. Any suggestions for a game that can be completed in under a week? I have a gamecube and a PS2. Here are some possibilities that I've been thinking about:

-Prince of Persia. I've heard that this game is short. Does anyone know how long it is? (And if I unlock the original game, how long does that take? I've never played the original.) And which system should I get it for?

-Kingdom Hearts. I rented this back when it first came out and everyone was obsessed with it. Personally, I hated it. Everything seemed to revolve around searching for stuff. (Search for things to get off of the island, search for Leon, search for evidence that Alice is innocent, and at that point I gave up.) It seemed like the story might be good, though, and as a FF fan I feel like I'm supposed to play this game, so should I rent it and just use walkthroughs to rush through it?

-Soul Calibur II. Only problem with this is that I might end up buying it anyway.

Any other suggestions?

[quote name='m_d_amore']A hotel Room on South Beach[/quote]

I agree with the beach I am going to the Gulf coast side though.

Kingdom Hearts - The storyline isn't any good at all until you reach Hollow Bastion. From then on, it's pretty cool. Overall, I really liked the game.

Soul Calibur II - I would buy it. Only if none of your friends play it is it worth only a rental. The game's not very great alone.

Suggestions...
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, and Zelda, if you haven't played them yet...

dunno what else.

[quote name='Battousai1002']
Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, and Zelda, if you haven't played them yet...

[/quote]

Sure it is, though the only real competition I get is when I go kick the people at the chess club's ass. None of my friend's play it, so I go whenever the chess club decided to set up a gamecube. 8)

I will put myself in a box and ship to you. Do i count as a rental? You could play with me all week.

To Ben_F: That's the lamest pick up line I ever heard. I think if you tried that on a non-gamer girl you'd be traumatized by how hard the girl laughed at you. But here its kinda corny.. I like it, might try usin it sometime =P

Anyways back to you Amanda. PoP took me less than a week to beat during my summer vacation considering I usually played at night till wee morning hours. I recommend it just for the ending, I'll never forget it.

Soul Calibur is one of the most frustrating games ever if you want to beat it 100%, so I recommend buying it cuz it takes a damn long time (for me at least) plus it gets boring going through the dungeons and such in Weapon Master mode.

I have XBox so I'm not too caught up on PS2/GC games. However, one game that's short and sweet that I know of is Beyond Good and Evil.

[quote name='Scrubking']
So you finally decided you liked fighting games?[/quote]

Yeah, I think so. Like I said in the other thread, SCII doesn't place an emphasis on combos the way other fighting games do.

If anyone cares, I ended up going with Metroid Prime. I have way too much work to get done for school to actually have time to complete a game like I wanted to do, so I'm just going to play around with it and if I like it, maybe buy it after the semester ends.

[quote name='Spiritseed'][quote name='m_d_amore']A hotel Room on South Beach[/quote]

I agree with the beach I am going to the Gulf coast side though.[/quote]

I agree too, you should be going outside, having fun etc. Save the games for the time when there is nothing else to do.

Unless you already own it, you should go out and fucking *buy* Onimusha: Warlords. If you had an Xbox I'd reccomend Genma Onimusha instead (better version with new content) but Onimusha in general just owns. Also look into getting the soundtrack.. very powerful orchestral music with a lot of good ole japanese wind instruments and shit thrown in there.

Capcom is God.

Prime is [probably] about ~12 hours for the average player. It's a fantastic game, good, good choice..

Might want to rent two.. or five.. I guess you don't play like I do ;-).

bread's done
Back