Take a survey, possibly win game related items (UPDATED 6/10/04)

spookyhurst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
There is this site at http://www.bowenresearch.com/gamer's_sign_up.htm that does video game surveys. If you sign up, they'll email you when they have a survey or if a focus group is being done in your area. The surveys vary in length. Some are only a few questions, while focus tests on new games are longer. I've won a game and a little money, plus it's kind of fun to give your opinion about what you like/dislike about a game concept. Also, I've been doing surveys for more than a year, and have never been spammed by them.

EDIT (6/10/04): Here's a survey on The Ghost In The Shell game that's coming out. By completing it, your name is put in a drawing for a game, your choice of either Galactic Wrestling Featuring Ultimate Muscle, Gundham Encounters In Space, or dot.hack: Infection. You'll find it at: www.contestclub.com/Survey/studyl.htm

[quote name='JoJo112']How do I know that this isn't just a bunch of bullplop[/quote]

Check out their homepage at http://www.contestclub.com/ . It has what they do, how they do it, and an email address and phone number where you can contact them for more information. Other than that, all I can give you is my own experience. I started taking surveys for them almost 2 years ago. I get an email to do a survey once or twice a month. I've never received phone calls (although it says they might call you) and have never received spam. For awhile, I got $5 a survey, but I haven't won any money recently. I won a game last year (my choice of any Midway game on PS2, GC, or X-Box). I've taken surveys on game concepts that eventually become reality. For instance, I did a survey on different box art concepts for Road Kill, for gameplay concepts in a Justice League game, and for gameplay concepts on Area 51. The survey I listed above is for several controller and light gun concepts. That's about all I can tell you. Hopefully some CAGs will win some of the prizes they offer. :D

Thanks everyone that posted. On a side note a window popped up that I thought was from this list. It said that you could get a $50 gift certificate to a store of your choosing (I wanted a BB card) if you took a survey. Well.. this survey was just a ruse, you had to sign up for some pay site or apply for a credit card to get the certificate. It was just a waste of time, I just closed the window after spending like 15 minutes to fill out everything. So if you get that survey just close it and don't waste your time.

[quote name='magilacudy']Thanks everyone that posted. On a side note a window popped up that I thought was from this list. It said that you could get a $50 gift certificate to a store of your choosing (I wanted a BB card) if you took a survey. Well.. this survey was just a ruse, you had to sign up for some pay site or apply for a credit card to get the certificate. It was just a waste of time, I just closed the window after spending like 15 minutes to fill out everything. So if you get that survey just close it and don't waste your time.[/quote]

The same thing happened to my dad a couple weeks ago. The site claimed that he could have a free $50 gift card to Home Depot. By the time he discovered he had to apply for a credit card, he had already entered his email address, and they've been spamming him ever since.

thanks, I cant wait to win some thing or have one of those online chats where you get a free game!

Thanks for the link. I've always enjoyed participating in focus-groups and polling on upcoming products. Did a TV one with CBS when I was down in CA and one with Nealson fairly recently. I'm glad Seattle was listed as one of the main cities for this, it's right next door.

yay.... surveys....

Anybody here a member of Sony's group GAP? they give u survey's to do and after the first one, i got something... nothing else after that :( ... except this sony playstation watch that i won...

Yeah, that GAP sure turned out to be a whole lotta nothing. I did get that cool PlayStation binder, pen, notepaper, and a card to carry around showing that I'm helping to "shape the future of gaming." But other than that...

A watch sure would've been cool. Lucky doink.

i didnt even get the online demo disc or some shit that ur supposed to get for registering your network adapter... those cheap basterds..

i did get a free 5 day trial of Everquest Online Adventures though... that was pretty badass

I was/am a GAP member. I'm pretty sure that lead to me beta-testing SOCOM II, Syphon Filter:Omega Strain, and Final Fantasy XI. I also got the free hardrive/FFXI combo when it came out too.

That may be why.

bread's done
Back