Pelican Game Glass 7" LCD for PStwo $40 at Gamestop

lukewin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Updated 8/27/07
I saw it at a Gamestop the other day, and it's dropped another $10. So it's $40, and I decided to bite on this price. It works pretty good. The item number is 801926. The screen screws into the back of the PStwo. It uses the PStwo's plug and it has a connector that plugs into the back of the A/V slot of the PStwo. I played Marvel Ultimate Alliance, it looks alright, but the text is kind've blurry. I'd recommend it for $40, since it makes it a cheaper portable DVD player.

I saw this at a Gamestop yesterday, in Huntersville, NC. It's a 7" LCD screen for the PStwo. Made by Pelican. Seen it at other Gamestops for $100 or $70, guess they haven't updated. They're new. Decent price for anyone looking for it. Looks like it was $140 retail, when it first came out.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Heh, i still have 2 ps One screens i haven't gotten around to using yet ($9 at Kmart =[ )[/quote]

wanna sell or trade me one of those screens?

sorry wrong forum i know...

is 50 bux a good deal?

How is the quality of this screen on the PStwo?
I have bought pelican brand memory cards for the PSone and they weren't too great, seemed like I had to practically force them out and a pain just to insert.

I haven't gone to my GS to see if it's there yet (waiting till sunday for b2b1) but I found some nice hi-res images and description online

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3650763

Pros:
+ 7" screen size
+ Looks perfect for the pstwo

Cons:
- PS2 video connector, will requiring some fiddling to make it work with any other console
- Screen resolution of 480 x 234
- Made in 2005, so this is slightly older cheap LCD technology (panels seem to get brighter with better contrast every year)
- doesn't look like it comes with the travel adapter in the box

Then again, for $50, this may be just plain picky

bread's done
Back