- - - - -

Awesome GameStop parody t-shirt

#1 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this, I just thought it was a bad-ass shirt.

http://www.zestuff.com/da/apparel/577/

Posted Image

#2 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30359 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

I wonder if there would be any sort of reaction from the GS employees.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"

#3 RAMSTORIA   fate is inexorable CAGiversary!   11980 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

slightly amusing...

but anyone who would buy this shirt, let alone wear it into a gamestop, needs something better to do with their time

Posted Image

#4 rabbitt   A Symphony of Horror CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

I wonder if there would be any sort of reaction from the GS employees.

Yeah, they'd want one.

#5 Graystone   ` CAGiversary!   15662 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

I don't get it.

#6 Redeema   Refuses to pay full price CAGiversary!   5850 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Whatever happened to shirts that are clever, like "Show me your b00bs" or the tuxedo print one that we've all come to know and love?

Now playing: Destiny, Gears of War Ultimate Edition

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#7 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37008 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

gestapo?

:roll:
Posted Image

#8 VanillaGorilla   Shark Barber CAGiversary!   5519 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

VanillaGorilla

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

gestapo?

:roll:

Hey, pestering people to reserve Atelier Iris 3 is just as annoying as imprisoning their entire family.
Posted Image

#9 Backlash   www.thecoverproject.net CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

Slightly amusing. People who buy that shirt think they are "sticking it to the man" (just like most Mac users). :p

#10 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

Maybe if it said "GameStapo" then said "I'd vould like to NOT reserve ze game!"
Posted Image

#11 daroga   swimming with nanocarp CAGiversary!   11178 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:09 PM

That's not so much "awesome" as it is borderline offensive.

Posted Image

#12 Kendal   My sleep number is 69 CAGiversary!   4945 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

Whatever happened to shirts that are clever, like "Show me your b00bs" or the tuxedo print one that we've all come to know and love?

I have a shirt that says,"I'm in a band, show me your hooters!"

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:36 PM

I don't understand why Gestappo has anything to do with it. GS employees go around getting information about what games I have reserved?
I wonder if the creator put more than 5 seconds of forethought into this design...

#14 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

That's not so much "awesome" as it is borderline offensive.

So you've never used a term like "Grammar Nazi," or something similar? Something to the effect of: when someone pesters you endlessly about something they're a "________ Nazi?"

What, too soon?

#15 MushaOne  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

Well after "Show me your boobs" and "...No Fat Chicks" it is pretty much down hill from there.

#16 Xevious   Most Damned CAG Evar CAGiversary!   8915 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

I would be embarassed to wear this shirt personally. I do see some slight humor in it though.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#17 daroga   swimming with nanocarp CAGiversary!   11178 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

So you've never used a term like "Grammar Nazi," or something similar? Something to the effect of: when someone pesters you endlessly about something they're a "________ Nazi?"

What, too soon?

Nope.

If this was clever, its towing the line of appropriateness would be more forgivable to me. But since it's just stupid, I gotta wonder why someone would go there. There's absolutely no connection between GameStop and Nazis in any way, shape, or form. Last I checked, the Nazis didn't ask the Jews to reserve games or buy used game warranties. Nor do GS employees hold genocidal goals.

The amount of thought went into this was along these lines: "Hey! GameStop and Gestapo both have a G and an S in the words! LOL!"

Posted Image

#18 niceguyshawne   Hardcore since '74 CAGiversary!   2510 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

niceguyshawne

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

Nope.

If this was clever, its towing the line of appropriateness would be more forgivable to me. But since it's just stupid, I gotta wonder why someone would go there. There's absolutely no connection between GameStop and Nazis in any way, shape, or form. Last I checked, the Nazis didn't ask the Jews to reserve games or buy used game warranties. Nor do GS employees hold genocidal goals.

The amount of thought went into this was along these lines: "Hey! GameStop and Gestapo both have a G and an S in the words! LOL!"

You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.

#19 H.Cornerstone   LaserCannonDethSentence CAGiversary!   2150 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

H.Cornerstone

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

It made me chuckle.

#20 SpecTrE3353   Rapscallion CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

SpecTrE3353

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

slightly amusing...

but anyone who would buy this shirt, let alone wear it into a gamestop, needs something better to do with their time

On a related note, anyone who would cheer for a crappy team like San Jose instead of a legendary team like New Jersey, needs something better to do with their time

#21 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

I think people overexaggerate GS employee's asking you to reserve something.

I mean...I occasionally get asked and when I do a simple "no" is good enough.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#22 LonelyController   lonelycontroller.com CAGiversary!   4329 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

LonelyController

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

Just put in your headphones and never make eye contact....you don't need to pay $20 for a shirt.

#23 PyroGamer   Banned Banned   4554 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

PyroGamer

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:40 AM

Maybe if it said "GameStapo" then said "I'd vould like to NOT reserve ze game!"

Totally agree. I still wouldn't wear it, though... maybe just into a GameStop once or something... but even that...

Anyways I've been asked twice to reserve a game, both times I said "no". It was pretty easy.

#24 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:22 AM

The act of saying "no" is a breeze.

What I resent is Gamestop using me as market research without paying me for it.

#25 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

The act of saying "no" is a breeze.

What I resent is Gamestop using me as market research without paying me for it.

They pay you in discounts! Ha!

#26 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9412 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

Ok...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#27 trq   I *am* the reinforcements CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

Nope.

I'm not saying the shirt's a laugh riot, but you're kinda missing the point of "metaphor" here. "Gamestop employees who constantly ask you to reserve games are LIKE Gestapo constantly asking to see your papers." Okay, that's really simile, but still. Dig?