Burger King Spiderman 3 tie-in promo begins 4/30!

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
[quote name='superherohype.com']

Burger King restaurant guests will have a chance to get into the action in an all new way this summer through a Burger King Corporation (BKC) promotion with Columbia Pictures for the theatrical release of Spider-Man 3. The five week promotion, beginning April 30, features the "Which Spidey Suits You?" scratch-and-win game pieces on specially marked Burger King menu items while supplies last. Just as in the movie, in which Spider-Man is forced to choose between his red and blue suit and a new black suit, guests will choose to reveal what's behind either the familiar red-and- blue Spider-Man or the black-suited Spider-Man.

With a prize behind one of the two scratch-off areas on each game piece, Burger King restaurant guests have a 1:2 chance of winning each time they play, making every game piece a winner. There are a web-load of prizes including a $1 million American Express gift card; a 2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT; a Sony Electronics Full HD Experience; free food items such as a BK(TM) Double Stacker or 6 piece BK(TM) Chicken Fries; and more.

"Our goal was to create a game that would deliver the excitement of 'Spider-Man 3' directly to our guests," said Brian Gies, vice president of marketing impact. "It takes the thrill of Peter Parker's own internal conflict and his struggle to choose between his classic red and blue Spider-Man suit or his new black suit and puts that choice right into our guests' hands to then have a one in two chance of winning millions of prizes if they choose correctly."

Game pieces will be available with the purchase of select Burger King food items: medium, large and king-sized French fries, large and king-sized drinks, medium hash browns, and 16 or 20 oz. sizes of BK JOE® coffee. Game pieces will also be available on value meals: a medium lunch or dinner value meal offers one game piece; increase your chances of winning by upgrading to a large value meal which offers two game pieces or a king value meal which offers three game pieces. No purchase necessary. Complete Official Rules are available at participating Burger King restaurants or at BurgerKing.com.

Additionally, Burger King restaurants will deliver 10 Super D toys in Kids Meals including the new black Spider-Man costume and all of Spidey's newest foes. The Kids Meals promotion will be supported by Kids media as well as a comprehensive merchandising, packaging and online effort.

George Leon, Executive Vice President of Consumer Marketing for the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, said, "We're thrilled to be re-teaming with Burger King Corporation on 'Spider-Man(TM) 3' -- they were extraordinary partners on 'Spider-Man(TM) 2' and we are very pleased with the breadth of this promotion, especially the innovative game that ties in so well with the theme of our movie."
[/quote]

This is exciting... every piece is a winner. Reminds me of the Star Wars promo (i think) where every piece was a winner and you had to "use the force" to scratch off the correct one. Wonder what the toys are...

Some of the toy concepts look cool from the drawings/sketches, but I'll have to see them with my own eye before buying.

Pic from eBay:

1b51_1.JPG

BTW: Looks like the identity of the figure is conceled so it will be harder to collect them all.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']wohoo i love this promo..along with the good ole monopoly from mcdonalds :)[/QUOTE]

Monopoly from McDonalds is a true American icon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pic from eBay:

1b51_1.JPG

BTW: Looks like the identity of the figure is conceled so it will be harder to collect them all.[/quote]

They say that, but I heard that there is only 2 figures this week so it wont be too hard to figure out which twol. They are the Color changing Spiderman and Sandman with truck.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pic from eBay:

1b51_1.JPG

BTW: Looks like the identity of the figure is conceled so it will be harder to collect them all.[/quote]
They freakin' rule!!!

My coworkers and I went to Burger King for lunch, and the SD Spiderman was too cute and cheap (99 cents) to pass up. My friend almost got the Sandman spinning top truck thingy, but he was too lazy to get back in line. I'll probably go back to get the Venom with the moving jaw and black Spiderman that hangs upside down, whenever they get into rotation.

I won a free hamburger, french toast sticks, a small shake and a small drink yesterday.

Could've also won a Jr. Whopper but my girlfriend blew that game piece. Lucky for me I scratched off all of the winners.

If it's the same as the Star Wars game, a bright flashlight directly under the game piece will let you see which side is the winner. It worked 100% of the time for me with the Force game.

Im still wondering what this has to do with VIDEO GAME RELATED Contests & Free Stuff Video game related contests (and others of interest to the community) shall be posted here. This includes contests run by CAG and other websites. Please post any free offers here too.

[quote name='LanceJr']Im still wondering what this has to do with VIDEO GAME RELATED Contests & Free Stuff Video game related contests (and others of interest to the community) shall be posted here. This includes contests run by CAG and other websites. Please post any free offers here too.[/quote]
Yup...

[quote name='LanceJr']Im still wondering what this has to do with VIDEO GAME RELATED Contests & Free Stuff Video game related contests (and others of interest to the community) shall be posted here. This includes contests run by CAG and other websites. Please post any free offers here too.[/quote]

You can win the Spiderman 3 video game.

Got the Spin 'N Roll Sandman and Two Suits of Spidey toys today.

The Spidey toy is pretty cool. Dip the spidey in cold water and his suit turns black. At room temperature it returns back to red.

anyone having trouble making the spinning sandman work?
everytime i spin the bottum and put it down it stops and if i spin it and put it in the truck it stops..

[quote name='nikelecious91']anyone having trouble making the spinning sandman work?
everytime i spin the bottum and put it down it stops and if i spin it and put it in the truck it stops..[/QUOTE]

I also got the spinning sandman. And I can't get him to work as a top or work as a car. I thought the toy might be cool when I opened it but it makes a lack luster toy even more average.

The color change spiderman is very cool though. I hope his color change action doesn't wear out as the toy gets older.

I love their fries. Im gonna go order a zillion of em haha. I wonder if there is a way to 'see through' the game pieces and tell which one is a winner >____>

[quote name='shajek']If it's the same as the Star Wars game, a bright flashlight directly under the game piece will let you see which side is the winner. It worked 100% of the time for me with the Force game.[/quote]Im gonna have to try that out tomorrow. :D

Those toys look really nice. I bet theres gonna be a long line. :/

When this happened to starwars, I seriously gained 10 lbs in 3 weeks. My spider sense is saying...I should probably do it again.

my best deal was just getting the kids meals for the toys :)

[quote name='nikelecious91']I just got the Spidey with the mask. Anyone know what the other one is this week??[/quote]

Just bumping this question. I got Spidey with mask as well.

Yeah, I think some BKs have all cases of the toys for the entire run. Some just ignore which one get put out first and ignore the order of release so you may get lucky and score something else....

I just got my Goblin and Petere/Spidey toys today.

The goblin didnt light up at first but with a screwdriver and a little poking around I got it to light up....thought its not as bright as I hoped...

I hope next week is venom....I noticed that there are 5 Spidey figures so Im guessing that each week there will be a Spidey + villain

man their scratch game promo really helps em..i could careless about the toys but i always find myself buying king size just to get the extra game piece ( way TOO much FOOD). so far ive won some shit and a whopper.

anyone know if putting a flashlight under the game piece really works? im 1 for 3 so far and dont wanna screw up if its a big prize..

I managed to get 5 game pieces yesterday, and I lost on the first 4 that I scratched. I finally won on the 5th one, but it was just for a small coffee :( If I had won on the first 4 I would have 2 small onion rings and 2 small sodas.

So far all I've won was a mini whopper. I almost won a Whopper today but I went against my gut feeling and scratched red instead.

[quote name='nikelecious91']anyone know if putting a flashlight under the game piece really works? im 1 for 3 so far and dont wanna screw up if its a big prize..[/quote]

A regular flashlight doesnt seem to work....its not bright enough..but i did have this really really bright blue light flashlight and tried it...It barely works but I can make out like 1 or 2 letters....so...yeah whatever they make those scratchies out of ...they are like a thin coat of metal..

I'm 4 out of 5 for those scratch thingies, and I'm blaming that last one on my coworker :p I've got free french toast sticks, small soda, small shake, and apple pie. I'm hoping for something salty next time.

[quote name='JokerCard']A regular flashlight doesnt seem to work....its not bright enough..but i did have this really really bright blue light flashlight and tried it...It barely works but I can make out like 1 or 2 letters....so...yeah whatever they make those scratchies out of ...they are like a thin coat of metal..[/QUOTE]

It has to be a bright halogen light. A Maglight or something like it. Wimpy flashlights won't cut it at all. With the Star Wars game, I was batting 1.000 with the flashlight trick.

bread's done
Back