LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

On most games there is an option to put $10 down and pay off the rest shortly before it ships. A couple of them (HALO 3 in particular) you have to pay for up front because it was posted before the $10 deposit was instituted.

I know that the site mentioned is "legit"...as of now...but...and I'm using more ellipses marks than Harry Knowles while sleeptyping...I just hope that I get my preordered (and paid-in-full) copy of BioShock before something bad happens. Like the site going under/offline, which...boy, if/when that happens...and orders go unfulfilled...

I hit the GTA IV preorder. Put $10 down via Paypal. If something happens to the store, site, etc., Paypal should have me covered. The concept of loss-leaders to get new business is not a new topic. From what everyone else here says, this guy seems on the up and up.

damn, halo 3 legendary edition is sold out for $79.99 !!!! does anyone know if they stated how many copies of legendary is available?

[quote name='greatscot']If something happens to the store, site, etc., Paypal should have me covered. [/QUOTE]

:lol: Good luck with ever getting help from Paypal.

Yes Tony is a class act and he certainly has lived up to his reputation so far. He has given us killer deals and I hope everyone snatchs up some used games/buys even some games close to retail so he can re-coup. He wants to spread the word that his site is legit and he offers great deals and great customer service, which he seems to excel at. I plan on buying some used games for the Wii once certain ones go in stock, and hopefully everyone else buys a used game off him down the road to give him some profit.

[quote name='schuerm26']why when i click on the OP link do I already have something in my cart?[/quote]

sorry about that,it was from my cart lol...I edited it though and thanks for pointing it out.

Tony.. we need a good deal on Forza Motorsport 2 without trade ins. I'll order Halo 3 and GTA IV also if i get a good deal on forza motorsport 2.

It's nice to finally see a thread about Liongames where someone isn't saying something about it not being legit when every CAG who used it stands by it.

Sick prices.

[quote name='torifile']No pre-order deal on GTA IV for the PS3? Come on! We PS3 users need some love![/quote]

No. No you don't. :lol:

[quote name='torifile']No pre-order deal on GTA IV for the PS3? Come on! We PS3 users need some love![/QUOTE]

No you don't. :p

Who's traded games in there? Their trade values look pretty reasonable, and I'm considering trading a couple games I'm not really playing towards a pre-order. How's it work?

[quote name='jollydwarf']I know that the site mentioned is "legit"...as of now...but...and I'm using more ellipses marks than Harry Knowles while sleeptyping...I just hope that I get my preordered (and paid-in-full) copy of BioShock before something bad happens. Like the site going under/offline, which...boy, if/when that happens...and orders go unfulfilled...[/quote]

Yes an astroid could hit the earth, you could get hit by a car, or have a heart attack. But what are you going to do then? You can't worry about things you have no control over, if its that much of a worry get your money back, I know tony will take care of it.

why would he give less for limited editions of games? GoW for example? I can understand the same as the regular edition, but less?!?

I bit on the Bioshock pre-order, $45 shipped is a cracking price. There's enough CAG's vouching for the site to convince me it's legit.

Plus worse case scenario, I'll have something to bitch about if it all goes to crap.:)

Seems good, price are average. You can pick up most of those games on the bay for cheaper.

While I have yet to receive a game from Tony and crew, my e-mail interactions with him have been very positive--he has my full support thus far.

Yes an astroid could hit the earth, you could get hit by a car, or have a heart attack.

Yeah, but for most of us, the odds of seeing his site go 'belly-up' within the next year are a little higher, if I may be so bold.

I'm not predicting it, I'm not going to expound on practical or "Spooky Mulder" reasons as to why it might happen, I'm just saying that I can't see someone taking that many losses for that protracted a period of time. But of course, this is supposed to be a lovefest thread*, so, as Thom Yorke queried, "What the hell am I doin' here?" Believe me, I don't want to contribute to a self-fulfilling prophecy by convincing people that they're going to wake up one day and find a "Where the SHAQ-FU Did Lions Games GO???" thread two hours old and ten pages long.

And to the poster waiting 'til the three-month mark on GTA IV as opposed to now, I don't think that'll make much difference. You might as well order it now, or wait until the T-minus two-week mark.

*--A "lovefest", positivity-based thread, or a few CAGs in on the guerrilla marketing?

Has there been reports of anyone buying anything and actually getting it? I think the main reason I'm kind of hesitant is because the site looks very cheap and not in it for the long run. Yes, presentation most times matters. I may jump on Forza 2 though and if that works out I may order something else.

I can't believe I am hestitant on biting on the Halo 3 39.99 preorder...

The Legendary Edition was 80 bucks! That's a 50 dollar mark down!

Well, I'll gather up some cash and preorder Mass Effect, Halo 3, and Bioshock.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Has there been reports of anyone buying anything and actually getting it? I think the main reason I'm kind of hesitant is because the site looks very cheap and not in it for the long run. Yes, presentation most times matters. I may jump on Forza 2 though and if that works out I may order something else.[/quote]

Yes I received my Spider-man 3 order, he sent it out on Thursday, got to me here in CA on Saturday.

Also I think OP should add a few usernames of liongames satisfied customers to the original post.

[quote name='Greendomo']Yes I received my Spider-man 3 order, he sent it out on Thursday, got to me here in CA on Saturday.

Also I think OP should add a few usernames of liongames satisfied customers to the original post.[/quote]

anyone else? you are the only one ive seen so far

[quote name='nativetongue88']anyone else? you are the only one ive seen so far[/quote]

I've ordered quite a few games from him, both preorders and existing games. One of the games I ordered used, and he didnt have it anymore so he sent me an email saying he was out of used copies so he was sending a new one instead. His shipping is pretty good considering its postal. I was hesistant at first, but aftering receiving 7 games from him, I do have several more preordered. Tony's customer service is great, if you have any questions go ahead and email him, he has always gotten back to me promptly. Hope this helps.

Has there been reports of anyone buying anything and actually getting it? I think the main reason I'm kind of hesitant is because the site looks very cheap and not in it for the long run. Yes, presentation most times matters.

Indeed. While there are multiple accounts of 'satisfied customers' in this thread and elsewhere, I am vaguely reminded of the 'shell game' that some 'characters' would run on High Street (across from O.S.U.), as well as the 'random' guys that would emerge out of the crowd and somehow always guess right the first time! Imagine that!

Even if I'm being far too cynical and paranoid there, I do firmly believe that if Lion Games goes 'off the grid', it will be with no fanfare or forewarning, and they'll have made the jump to hyperspace well before you're even aware. That said, I think one preorder for a game destined to be released in 2007 is a fair calculated risk. I'm 'all in' on a copy of BioShock, I just wish the damned thing hadn't been delayed from June.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Has there been reports of anyone buying anything and actually getting it? I think the main reason I'm kind of hesitant is because the site looks very cheap and not in it for the long run. Yes, presentation most times matters.

Indeed. While there are multiple accounts of 'satisfied customers' in this thread and elsewhere, I am vaguely reminded of the 'shell game' that some 'characters' would run on High Street (across from O.S.U.), as well as the 'random' guys that would emerge out of the crowd and somehow always guess right the first time! Imagine that!

Even if I'm being far too cynical and paranoid there, I do firmly believe that if Lion Games goes 'off the grid', it will be with no fanfare or forewarning, and they'll have made the jump to hyperspace well before you're even aware. That said, I think one preorder for a game destined to be released in 2007 is a fair calculated risk. I'm 'all in' on a copy of BioShock, I just wish the damned thing hadn't been delayed from June.[/quote]

As a "satisfied" customer, I take a little offence at your implication of me being a part of some sort of scam. If your so skeptical do what I did, order a single low priced used game and see if it comes. Once it came I preordered a single game that was coming up soon (mlb2k7 a week before launch). Once that came I preordered a couple games and ordered a few at the same time. All of the games that were out came and he sent me an invoice with the estimated date of arrival for the rest. So go ahead and be skeptical, I don't care. If you don't think its on the up and up, then don't order. But please don't call into question other people who have had good interactions with Tony/ Lion games. I at least, am not part of some scam, and take offence at the suggestion. If you read the other thread, there were plenty of people who ordered crackdown and got their games. The whole reason this thread even exists is because the other one was 33pages of people questioning the site, and people responding. I really hope that doesn't happen again.

Well considering your putting down money for a pre-order upfront I can see how your skeptical. However, Tony has already done his part in the pre-owned department and Crackdown which all shipped to several CAGers. It's too bad not enough people reported his Crackdown deal when it was around all the happy CAGers there were.

Unfortunately you do have to pay some money upfront, but what's the big deal? It's PayPal any who (at least for me) so It's not like he can get your information outside of your billing address in that regard. I've never heard of bad experiences from PayPal when it comes to sending money but alot from receiving it. I've had two faulty purchases via PayPal and they issued my money back, but that was many years ago.

I just hope, again, that everyone who has considered pre-ordering has atleast taken a look at his pre-owned section so he can get some cash earned.

As a "satisfied" customer, I take a little offence at your implication of me being a part of some sort of scam.

Then I'll be skeptical and you'll be offended. See, it all works out in the end!

I'm far from convinced that people like you are 'in' on any potential 'scam', but--BUT--my general M.O. for message boards is "Trust No One". Now, that could be because they're plants for publishers, gamers 'encouraged' by someone to use their pre-existing cred to help pimp a game, or just someone who is far too emotionally invested in promoting/tearing down a company or franchise. But there's just so many things about this deal that just seem...off.

[quote name='jollydwarf']As a "satisfied" customer, I take a little offence at your implication of me being a part of some sort of scam.

Then I'll be skeptical and you'll be offended. See, it all works out in the end!

I'm far from convinced that people like you are 'in' on any potential 'scam', but--BUT--my general M.O. for message boards is "Trust No One". Now, that could be because they're plants for publishers, gamers 'encouraged' by someone to use their pre-existing cred to help pimp a game, or just someone who is far too emotionally invested in promoting/tearing down a company or franchise. But there's just so many things about this deal that just seem...off.[/QUOTE]

It sounds to me like you're a plant for EB/GS, mister.

Now them's fightin' words, bub.

P.S. Any good 'plant' wouldn't give a shit about spelling or punctuation, so as to better 'assimilate' with the general 'tone' of conversation on a gaming board.

I ordered MotorStorm and Oblivion for PS3 from their site and received both games promptly. The site looks kinda cheap, but the service is excellent. The guy that runs it is very communicative and will get back to your emails promptly.

Highly recommended, especially with the prices they have.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']How does the guy make any money or keep the business going by doing this?[/quote]

In the other thread he stated he is basically using the money he would've spent on ads to lower prices. So instead of spending X amount of money on ads, he is spreading it out and giving it to us at a loss in order to build up word of mouth and get people to start buying/trading used games from him.

I hope it works for him, as I personally would much rather buy from a small reseller than bestbuy/gamestop/meijer.

From the sticker on the manual of one of the used games I bought, it looks like he also runs a video rental store, so I am sure that helps while he gets liongames going. (the sticker was for "Age of Video 2" and had the same address as the return on the envelope).

The way I see it, is that if Liongames is going to suddenly disappear, the worst possible position I will be in is out the cost of a game.

I have preordered Mass Effect, Bioshock and GTA 4. These games have release dates (at the moment) of July, August and October. So seeing how you dont have to pay off the full balance until a month before the games release, if he disappears at worst case I will be out one $40 game and two $10 preorders.

Best case though is that I get 3 games for $120. So its a risk I feel I can take, and after getting Spider-man 3, it feels like less of a risk.

[quote name='R0wdi']When does this offer end, does anyone know? I cant do this till this weekend or maybe next week.[/QUOTE]

It's at his discretion he can drop it whenever he feels he has lost enough money to satisfy everyone/can't lose anymore.

He doesn't make alot of money he has already stated that (atleast for the pre-orders). It's a form of advertisement, as he loses money by trying to get new customers. How much money does he lose? Well the markup at the retailer I work at is generally 15% for major 360 titles at $59.99, so that's a cost of $51 per game. Yikes. He's losing atleast $13 on BioShock, Mass Effect and Halo 3 for each copy sold at that rate, although I'm sure It's alittle lower since he'll be buying a ton of games in bulk to fulfill the pre-orders. The good news is he is only losing $2 or so on Spidey 3's, but still losing none the less.

Either way he's paying in the form of advertising by losing money on his new games, and the only way he's going to re-coup is by people purchasing his used games and perhaps in the future offering us not as good discounts on the new games, but with great customer service and fast shipping that will be hard to refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back