Amazon - Mega Man ZX (Nintendo DS) $15.35

I just got this in a DS bundle I bought from someone. Iwill admit, I have only played it for an hour, and I haven't played many mega man games (working on that), but I really like it. It earned bonus points with me by leaving the origional voice's intact. So what little voice is heard in the cutscene videos is the origional Japanese ones.

Nice find. Cheapest online, and can't even find it on the GS website. I may bite on this, or I'll just monitor it in case it gets cheaper.

Not really a Mega Man fan, but the new Starforce game is coming out soon and I'm curious about that one...

IGN 8.2/10
"ZX takes the familiar gameplay and visual prowess of its predecessors and bumps it up one notch higher."

Nintendo Power 8.5/10
"Hard-core gamers won't be disappointed."

Play Magazine 90/100
"Easily the best looking game in the series."

GameSpot 7.7/10
"Mega Man ZX offers a familiar but refined combination of action and platforming that will challenge even the most seasoned Mega Man veterans."

GameSpy 4.5/5
"Both Mega Man and Zero are gone, but their spirit lives on through a couple of lucky kids."

Man this is so close to being a buy for me. If I hadn't already bough Phantasy Star, Id' probably be all over this in conjunction with that for free shipping.

Yeah, just noticed that this is a great deal if you grab the Amazon DotD with it for the free shipping.

Raynre do good? :D

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']If I buy this (most likely will) then that would've been the 5th game I bought these past two days. I think I have a problem. :cry:[/quote]

The only problem you should be worrying about is clearing enough time out of your busy schedule to play these games. You really need to cut back on some of the non-essentials.

Like that pesky job for instance...

The reason those review scores are so high is because those reviewers weren't forced to complete the game and could stop when they want (which almost certainly was before they beat it)

I was super psyched about the promise of ZX (Megaman X style gameplay with "metroidvania" style adventure and freedom) but was quickly disappointed. A big complaint with many is the needlessly confusing map layout, which is valid, but the biggest problem with the game is that it's much more frustrating than fun. Allow me to elucidate.

The issue is that in a Metroid style game or a Castlevania style game where the areas are all linked and you backtrack to advance your progress the generic monsters you come across become gradually easier to defeat as you become more powerful. This gives you a sense of accomplishment and makes backtracking relatively painless. In ZX, an enemy at the beginning of the game is just as strong at the end, and your weapons aren't really powered up any more. This added with having to navigate insta-death electric spikes and bottomless pits just to walk back to officially complete a quest makes this game an UTTER FAILURE.

I sold it. And I never sell games. Buy one of the Zero games or the X collection if you like the rpg advancement stuff and stay the hell away from this one.

[quote name='beeeatsme']The reason those review scores are so high is because those reviewers weren't forced to complete the game and could stop when they want (which almost certainly was before they beat it)

I was super psyched about the promise of ZX (Megaman X style gameplay with "metroidvania" style adventure and freedom) but was quickly disappointed. A big complaint with many is the needlessly confusing map layout, which is valid, but the biggest problem with the game is that it's much more frustrating than fun. Allow me to elucidate.

The issue is that in a Metroid style game or a Castlevania style game where the areas are all linked and you backtrack to advance your progress the generic monsters you come across become gradually easier to defeat as you become more powerful. This gives you a sense of accomplishment and makes backtracking relatively painless. In ZX, an enemy at the beginning of the game is just as strong at the end, and your weapons aren't really powered up any more. This added with having to navigate insta-death electric spikes and bottomless pits just to walk back to officially complete a quest makes this game an UTTER FAILURE.

I sold it. And I never sell games. Buy one of the Zero games or the X collection if you like the rpg advancement stuff and stay the hell away from this one.[/quote]

Agree 100%.

It'll drop down $20 anytime now. Also, Mega Man ZX adventure coming soon later this year. $17 still too much for this game :)

Great online deal if you can get in on free shipping!

You MIGHT be able to find it at K-Mart or GameRush for $20, but those stores carried few copies to being with, so you're not likely to come across one in those stores. This deal saves you time, gas, and money!

[quote name='beeeatsme']The reason those review scores are so high is because those reviewers weren't forced to complete the game and could stop when they want (which almost certainly was before they beat it)

I sold it. And I never sell games. Buy one of the Zero games or the X collection if you like the rpg advancement stuff and stay the hell away from this one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

I will also add the quest system is just badly implemented in the first place, compared to something like Portrait of Ruin.

Take that $16.16 and put it towards either DS Castlevania or a GBA Metroid, if you really want a metroidvania style game.

I hope the 2nd one fixes the NUMEROUS mistakes from the first one. I sold this game as soon as I beat it.

I'm on the fence simply because I can't decide on a good filler item. The filler item site's suggestions just don't jive with me. There's a ton of DVDs I want to get but I can't justify buying them on Amazon when they're about 40% cheaper on Deep Discount. I might just eat the shipping :(

I grabbed this in the B2G1 at GS/EB last week. Haven't gotten to play it yet, but this is about what I paid for it on average between the 3 games I got.

The comments from Beeatsme make me a little wary, but I'm still looking forward to it.

The game definitely had its flaws, but I still enjoyed it a great deal. If you're interested at all in playing this I'd definitely pick it up, as I was shopping around for a gift copy a few weeks ago and it's pretty much only online now. (Capcom really has an aversion to printing lots of DS games, I guess.)

Megaman games are mostly known for their unforgiving gameplay. A lot of areas are instant death. That said, this time around it is easier than some of the other megaman games. The inclusion of energy tanks and usable items for health makes it easier than the early generation games. Its also easier than the Z series on the gba.

Damn you amazon and your $16 megaman zx. Now luckily I need to buy a WoW 60 day card, FF XII when it goes on sale at the EB/GS sale and Earth Defense Force for fathers day so I will pass on this, even though I am a big megaman fan.

i thought someone said this was something like an RPG game. Rented it off gamefly and i dont see where they think this has RPG elements in it.

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']So what's up with pricematching/price protection on Amazon? Do you just call them or can I e-mail 'em?[/quote]

either way

[quote name='GrayWolf323']it's dead, back up to $29.99 :whistle2:( go figure it goes back up the day I deposit my tax refund[/QUOTE]

fuck! I waited a bit too long.

Argh, cheapness be a harsh mistress...

i got this when it was released...its well worth it and at 15 its a steak bite now because its should be in everyone's DS library like PW or animal crossings.

edit:dammit not steak ...its steal lol.

mm steak.

I beat MMZERO 1 and 2, never got part three and four (want to ebay em sometime, but the risks will be great). Heard this is pretty good and bit when it was $15.34 and picked it up with God of War 1 for free S&H and no tax.

bread's done
Back