The Simpsons Game - Gen. Discussion

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

The Simpsons™ Game features a hilarious, sprawling, and mind-busting storyline crafted by the TV show's Emmy Award-winning writers. For this action-comedy, the full cast of voice actors from the TV show and movie reprise their roles to lend the ultimate in authenticity and realism to the game. In The Simpsons Game, Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa use exciting, all-new powers to save Springfield from rising chaos. To help the Simpsons, gamers must journey through their home town (as well as vast worlds beyond!), vanquish an amazing array of villains, and fight their way through parodies of multiple popular games.

• It's the real Simpsons: You wouldn't want to hear Comic Book Guy voiced over by an actual comic book shop guy, would you? Neither would we! That's why EA got the actual voice actors from the TV show and movie to reprise their roles, so the characters in The Simpsons Game sound exactly as they should.
  • Play your favorite characters: Let's face it: Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, and even Maggie Simpson probably couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack without your help. Play as all members of your favorite dysfunctional TV family as you battle to save them from videogame purgatory.
  • It's extra Simpson-y: Just like you want the game to sound like the show, you also want it to look like the show. And thanks to some really smart guys using innovative 3-D into 2-D technology, it does! Add in a huge cast of Simpsons folks and an amazing level of interactivity, and you've got a Simpsons experience like no other.
  • Haw-haw!: When The Simpsons aims its trademark wit at the video game industry, nothing's sacred! Pop culture and current event parodies join the mix to deliver classic Simpsons humor.
  • They're Simpsons and then some: Even with your help, the Simpsons family would have a tough time taking on the baddies standing between them and a safe return to their comfy couch in Springfield. Good thing they've been given special videogame powers! From Lisa's Saxophone Spin to Homer's Power Burp, these special abilities just might give the Simpsons a fighting chance after all.
Update 9/19: New Trailer
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vqvpirWnDv0[/media] Update 9/18: Preorder goodies announced:
The Simpsons Game Pre-Order Campaign Revealed

Electronic Arts will unleash their pre-order campaign for the upcoming title, The Simpsons Game. Four of the biggest game retailers (GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy) will each have an exclusive, limited edition The Simpsons Game Parody Poster for early customers. Each Poster is representative of an in-game parody featured in the new title. In addition, each retailer will have a specifically created cheat code printed on the back of the game posters to open some of the unlockable content in the game. These are all while supplies last.

1190147829.jpg

Also at participating chains, a limited number of customers will receive the rare Homerball!

1190147828.jpg

Based on Homer’s special in game powers, Homerball is Homer’s dream come true; turning into a giant, rolling ball that can eat and eat and eat without ever getting full. As an added bonus, Homerball can smash walls, burst over ramps, and knock back enemies. Behold the ball!

• Four Different Limited Edition The Simpsons Game Parody Posters
• Limited Homerball Figure

Parody Posters Available from: GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy

Homerball Available from Participating Retailers While Supplies Last

Beginning September 19th, 2007
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14564/The-Simpsons-Game-PreOrder-Campaign-Revealed/

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MmbEw8OvBPU[/media]​

EA isn't giving up the entire premise of the new Simpsons game yet, but it did say that the entire family (save Maggie) will be playable. (That's Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa, if you're keeping score.) Apparently, the Simpsons will realize just a few minutes into the storyline that they're actually trapped inside a video game, and they'll use that newfound freedom to envision new powers for themselves that they can access throughout the game's action levels. For instance, Homer will pick up calories throughout each level by picking up edible power-ups, and once his calorie meter is full, he'll be able to transform into the Homerball, a massive sphere of flab that can roll over and demolish almost any object or enemy. Later on in the demo level, we saw Homer pick up a chili pepper that turned him into a more powerful lava version of the Homerball. By contrast, Bart's special ability will be to transform into Bartman, which will let him glide around slowly with his cape. Naturally, he'll also have a slingshot projectile attack to use for ranged offense when the need arises.

EA is referring to the 16 levels in the game as "episodes," and each one will take place in a new environment with a unique title and storyline. Each of these episodes will feature two Simpsons family members, and you'll be able to switch between the two at any time. What's more, a second player can grab a controller at any time, hit the start button, and commandeer Simpson number two for some split-screen action. We'll hope to get some hands-on time with this one in the coming weeks to find out how well EA is living up to its obviously serious commitment to this hallowed franchise. The Simpsons' newest game is due out in late fall of this year.
Full Preview Here http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/thesimpsons/images.html

Another must have title for me!

Also, check out these kick ass posters:

Seems like these will be levels in the "videogame" that the Simpsons are trapped in. Pretty Sweet!

Finally a cel-shaded Simpsons game that looks pretty much like the show. Hope the gameplay is good. The last, and only, Simpsons game I actually enjoyed was Hit & Run.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Maybe a Simpsons arcade game is coming? THAT would be sweet!!![/quote]

It happened with Teenage Munant Ninja Turtles, shortly before TMNT game was released. I hope so :pray:

[quote name='soccerstud652']Maybe a Simpsons arcade game is coming? THAT would be sweet!!![/quote]

If we don't see the arcade game, I'm going to have to kill you for getting my hopes up.

Why is it that I sense that this is basically going to be the Lego Star Wars games with a Simpsons palette swap and less laughs?

[quote name='hhhdx4']Im a huge Simpsons fan, but it looks like Paper Mario in springfield.

I dont like it at all.[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything wrong with that:

--Mario replaced by the Simpsons, a show that's culturally relevant and not just a vehicle for various sports games and platformers.

--the jokes might actually be funny

--you won't feel like a tool playing it with anyone other than your 8 year old nephew or girlfriend.

--Paper Mario has good gameplay :)

;)

Yeah, but it's EA, so you know it's gonna suck.

Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic.

And this game looks pretty funny.....if this was 1995. But since it's 2007, it will be filled with 2007 era Simpsons "humor".

Wow, this might be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm into corny things so I'll definitely enjoy the different parodies of all of those games.

Wow, seeing the game in action...it looks amazing. I'm impressed how they got the "look" of the show integrated with the 3D game space without it being cell-shaded.

As for the comparison to SPM, the clip looked more like Super Mario 64 than SPM...

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Yeah, but it's EA, so you know it's gonna suck.

And this game looks pretty funny.....if this was 1995. But since it's 2007, it will be filled with 2007 era Simpsons "humor".[/QUOTE]

good point about the 2007 simpsons humor. what's worse is that it'll be written by some random guy they hire, not even the people who work for the show.

Edit: waitaminute, was that Homer Katamari I saw? Sold.

[quote name='yukine']I'm excited, but I've liked all of The Simpsons games besides Road Rage.[/QUOTE]
Simpsons Wrestling?
Simpsons Skateboarding?
Bart and the Beanstalk?

Should I go on?

[quote name='bugg33']Simpsons Wrestling?
Simpsons Skateboarding?
Bart and the Beanstalk?

Should I go on?[/quote]This game is being made by EA, which means the games budget is gonna be a LOT bigger than all those other Simpsons games. So, I don't buy the whole "Past Simpsons games have sucked, so this one will too!" But, it's a whole new generation, with a new publisher and developer, so it has NOTHING to do with the previous games.

what's worse is that it'll be written by some random guy they hire, not even the people who work for the show.

You say that like they could possibly be worse. The show didn't go all to hell all at once, its gotten steadily worse since season 11. And since we are in season 18 thats 7 seasons of increasingly poor quality. Every now and then they hit a gem, but with the runtime being about 3 minutes shorter than it used to be they don't have the time to put together a solid story...assuming someone over there is still capable.

[quote name='jm2u']You say that like they could possibly be worse. The show didn't go all to hell all at once, its gotten steadily worse since season 11. And since we are in season 18 thats 7 seasons of increasingly poor quality. Every now and then they hit a gem, but with the runtime being about 3 minutes shorter than it used to be they don't have the time to put together a solid story...assuming someone over there is still capable.[/QUOTE]

say what you will about the people who write for the show nowadays, but they didn't get the job because they weren't cut out to write for the video game industry.

considering the track record of the game industry for writing good dialog and crafting good stories--it can get a lot worse. EA has money though, so hopefully they won't have a goofy programmer write it or something...

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Yeah, but it's EA, so you know it's gonna suck.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']This game is being made by EA, which means the games budget is gonna be a LOT bigger than all those other Simpsons games. So, I don't buy the whole "Past Simpsons games have sucked, so this one will too!" But, it's a whole new generation, with a new publisher and developer, so it has NOTHING to do with the previous games.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused.

[quote name='getmyrunon']I'm confused.[/quote]As am I. I'm pretty confident the game is gonna be mediocre, but I'm even more confident that it won't be AS bad as all the other Simpsons games (excluding Hit and Run).

And here is hoping they include the Tomato Throwing game from Virtual Bart as an Easter Egg. Plastering Skinner in the ass with a tomat'er was tons of fun back in "the day".

"Speaking of capturing the show's essence, a number of the series' writers penned the script for the game--which will amount to nearly an hour of original cutscenes and dialogue, all voiced by the show's original actors."

Perhaps The Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still a highly entertaining show. I think it's rather remarkable that it's still so enjoyable after all these years, no other sitcom has come close to what The Simpsons have accomplished.

Hell, Family Guy is already declining and it's on what? Its sixth season?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']This game is being made by EA, which means the games budget is gonna be a LOT bigger than all those other Simpsons games. So, I don't buy the whole "Past Simpsons games have sucked, so this one will too!" But, it's a whole new generation, with a new publisher and developer, so it has NOTHING to do with the previous games.[/QUOTE]
I actually like some of the Simpsons games being a huge fan of the show I will put up with mediocre gameplay. Just was pointing out that Road Rage was far from being the worse game in the history of Simpsons games. Maybe some people are too young and don't remember any gaming pre-Xbox/PS2.

Thanks for the video. Graphical style is nice but the gameplay looks boring and been there done that with ps2 games.

Is it too much to hope that maybe one day they'd do something like Sam and Max on the PC, something that focuses on the writing of the show and not made up action elements? how much action do you get in the Simpsons series? :p

Ha, looks pretty good but I doubt it will be anything more than a cheap cash-in

I suspect no Simpsons game will ever beat Hit and Run (and Hit and Run wasn't even a great game either)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was just about to post this...I so want one too. Real shame its not an Elite though.

simpsons_xbox360.jpg
[/QUOTE]

To celebrate the upcoming release of The Simpsons™ movie, we've got a special Play & Win with five exclusive Simpsons Xbox 360™ consoles as Grand Prizes!

The Simpsons Movie Play & Win Sweepstakes runs from July 2 to July 17, 2007, and each day you play Cloning Clyde online counts as an entry into the sweepstakes. Five lucky winners will receive one of The Simpsons Movie branded Xbox 360 Pro Consoles (Approximate Retail Value $399).

Register your gamertag before July 17, and then head for Xbox LIVE® and play a multiplayer game of Cloning Clyde to enter. You'll receive one sweepstakes entry for each day you play.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/playandwin/simpsons/default.htm

Good Luck to all CAGs!!

[quote name='Graystone']What happens when your Simpsons movie 360 gets the red ring of death?[/QUOTE]

You cry a little on the inside and hope that if M$ repairs it or scraps it, they send you a Simpsons one back.

For those of you you who don't own Cloning Clyde and want a chance to win this sweet and tastey machine:

Entering is easy. Just send an e-mail with the subject "Simpsons Movie Premiere" to [email protected]. A winner will be selected at random from all of the entries we receive. Good luck!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia age 18 and over. Sweepstakes ends July 14, 2007. Void where prohibited. Read the Official Rules.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/simpsonsmovie/winxbox360.htm

bread's done
Back