Update 2/28: Screenshots and Teaser Trailer:
Based on the popular and twisted Web series, Lumpy and his accident-prone friends face one gory, horrible disaster after another in Happy Tree Friends False Alarm™! Armed with a helicopter pack, Lumpy rescues his pals by blasting open areas where they may be trapped with flaming napalm or explosive nitro, or he can put them into a deep freeze if they are about to stumble into danger. Try to keep the friends from peril in ten exclusive disaster-filled scenarios, each with three frantic levels, and brand new cutscenes.
- Playable Happy Tree Friends characters: For the first time in 3-D, control Lumpy who must save his Happy Tree Friends such as Cuddles, Toothy, and Flaky from life-threatening disasters!
- Exciting disaster levels: SEGA and the creative minds behind Happy Tree Friends have teamed up to create ten original and engaging disaster scenarios including Mine Shaft, Candy Factory, and the Museum. Hazardous items abound to surprise and challenge the Happy Tree Friends as they try to escape.
- Gameplay true to the franchise: Experience non-stop hilarious action Happy Tree Friends-style where their accident-prone universe means gore and mayhem are inevitable.
- Exclusive Happy Tree Friends content: Check out the cutscenes created exclusively for the game.
- Xbox LIVE® Arcade features: Use the leaderboards to compete with friends, track your progress as you advance through Story mode, and earn new Achievements.
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (May 10, 2007) – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced an exclusive agreement with the award-winning production studio, Mondo Media, to create video game content based on the popular animated series, Happy Tree Friends™. Currently under development by Stainless Studios, Happy Tree Friends False Alarm™ is scheduled for release via digital download on PC and Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE® Arcade in Fall 2007.
"We are excited to be partnering with Mondo Media to bring the irreverent comedy of the Happy Tree Friends to gamers worldwide,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "The dark humor and twisted characters of Happy Tree Friends will act as a great foundation for creating a fun and entertaining universe for gamers and fans of the show alike.”
Happy Tree Friends is a wildly popular Internet phenomenon that debuted as a television series on G4 TV in the U.S. and on MTV in key markets overseas. Selling over one million DVD copies worldwide, Happy Tree Friends continues to thrill audiences online and maintains its position as a top ten most downloaded podcast on iTunes.
Now taking the spotlight with its very own interactive game, Happy Tree Friends False Alarm features the furry woodland creatures in a host of dismembering and ill-fated calamities.
Playing unlike any other action title on the market with its physics-based reactive environment, Happy Tree Friends False Alarm is an action-puzzle game that enables players to control one of three characters; Flippy, the emotionally tattered war-torn bear; Lumpy, the dim-witted blue moose; and Handy, an amputee beaver carpenter always eager to lend a helping limb. Using resources such as concrete, ice, gasoline, and nitroglycerin to augment the dynamic 3D environments, your goal is to save the Happy Tree Friends from hilarious disaster situations and their own bad luck. Play in 10 diverse levels designed exclusively for the Happy Tree Friends False Alarm game including mine shafts, candy factories and a museum, all of which are filled with outrageous outcomes and plenty of accidental mayhem!
“Sega is a perfect partner for us because of their rich tradition of creating compelling, character-based games, and true to form they’re developing a truly original game that we think our fans will love,” said Kenn Navarro, the creator of Happy Tree Friends.
For more information on Happy Tree Friends False Alarm, please visit the company press page at www.sega.com/happytreefriends.
I don't even know what to think of this one...