- - - - -

XBLA - Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm - 800pts - 6/25

#1 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43865 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

Features

Based on the popular and twisted Web series, Lumpy and his accident-prone friends face one gory, horrible disaster after another in Happy Tree Friends False Alarm™! Armed with a helicopter pack, Lumpy rescues his pals by blasting open areas where they may be trapped with flaming napalm or explosive nitro, or he can put them into a deep freeze if they are about to stumble into danger. Try to keep the friends from peril in ten exclusive disaster-filled scenarios, each with three frantic levels, and brand new cutscenes.

• Playable Happy Tree Friends characters: For the first time in 3-D, control Lumpy who must save his Happy Tree Friends such as Cuddles, Toothy, and Flaky from life-threatening disasters!
  • Exciting disaster levels: SEGA and the creative minds behind Happy Tree Friends have teamed up to create ten original and engaging disaster scenarios including Mine Shaft, Candy Factory, and the Museum. Hazardous items abound to surprise and challenge the Happy Tree Friends as they try to escape.
  • Gameplay true to the franchise: Experience non-stop hilarious action Happy Tree Friends-style where their accident-prone universe means gore and mayhem are inevitable.
  • Exclusive Happy Tree Friends content: Check out the cutscenes created exclusively for the game.
  • Xbox LIVE® Arcade features: Use the leaderboards to compete with friends, track your progress as you advance through Story mode, and earn new Achievements.

Update 2/28: Screenshots and Teaser Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDq0MwL1iSs

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (May 10, 2007) – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced an exclusive agreement with the award-winning production studio, Mondo Media, to create video game content based on the popular animated series, Happy Tree Friends™. Currently under development by Stainless Studios, Happy Tree Friends False Alarm™ is scheduled for release via digital download on PC and Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE® Arcade in Fall 2007.

"We are excited to be partnering with Mondo Media to bring the irreverent comedy of the Happy Tree Friends to gamers worldwide,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "The dark humor and twisted characters of Happy Tree Friends will act as a great foundation for creating a fun and entertaining universe for gamers and fans of the show alike.”
Happy Tree Friends is a wildly popular Internet phenomenon that debuted as a television series on G4 TV in the U.S. and on MTV in key markets overseas. Selling over one million DVD copies worldwide, Happy Tree Friends continues to thrill audiences online and maintains its position as a top ten most downloaded podcast on iTunes.

Now taking the spotlight with its very own interactive game, Happy Tree Friends False Alarm features the furry woodland creatures in a host of dismembering and ill-fated calamities.

Playing unlike any other action title on the market with its physics-based reactive environment, Happy Tree Friends False Alarm is an action-puzzle game that enables players to control one of three characters; Flippy, the emotionally tattered war-torn bear; Lumpy, the dim-witted blue moose; and Handy, an amputee beaver carpenter always eager to lend a helping limb. Using resources such as concrete, ice, gasoline, and nitroglycerin to augment the dynamic 3D environments, your goal is to save the Happy Tree Friends from hilarious disaster situations and their own bad luck. Play in 10 diverse levels designed exclusively for the Happy Tree Friends False Alarm game including mine shafts, candy factories and a museum, all of which are filled with outrageous outcomes and plenty of accidental mayhem!

“Sega is a perfect partner for us because of their rich tradition of creating compelling, character-based games, and true to form they’re developing a truly original game that we think our fans will love,” said Kenn Navarro, the creator of Happy Tree Friends.

For more information on Happy Tree Friends False Alarm, please visit the company press page at www.sega.com/happytreefriends.

http://news.teamxbox...ds-False-Alarm/

I don't even know what to think of this one...

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

1046150.png

#2 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43865 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:33 PM

Updated OP...I was hoping that the teaser would reveal how the game plays but...nothing. All we got going for us is the images. I've never watched the show but if its a good game I don't really care.

1046150.png

#3 Malik112099   Got Wife? CAGiversary!   8221 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Malik112099

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:24 AM

i love happy tree friends!
Posted Image

#4 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:42 AM

This should be sadistically fun.

#5 Santurio   The Ladies' BodyGuard CAGiversary!   3724 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

I'll buy it either way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

This is almost a must-buy for me. I've been waiting for this since it was announced and can't wait to buy it. Violence+Animals=Win

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#7 Sleepkyng   doesn't even exist any more CAGiversary!   5761 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:03 AM

Happy Tree Friends is classic, it's been around forever

#8 xeno   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1157 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

Happy Tree Friends is classic, it's been around forever

its only been 8 years :roll: but still its a classic and def gona get this game
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Sleepkyng   doesn't even exist any more CAGiversary!   5761 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:27 AM

ONLY 8 years?

you don't think that's a long time for an underground cartoon?

#10 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:43 AM

its only been 8 years :roll: but still its a classic and def gona get this game

I hate to break it to ya, but 8 years is a long time for any cartoon. Some cartoons, really most, only last 4-5 seasons.

#11 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

Achievements are up! Hopefully this means it could come next week (if Penny Arcade doesn't hit), which would be sweet, as I have been waiting forever for it!

http://www.xbox360ac...m/achievements/

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

#12 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43865 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

Coming this Wednesday 6/25

1046150.png

#13 MisterHand   Talk to the Hand! CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

MisterHand

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

I will try the game, even though I loathe the cartoon (it's a one-joke premise that wasn't very funny to begin with).
I am blocking your ugly signature!

#14 akilshohen   Akilla!!! CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

akilshohen

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

Finally!! Something worth playing.

#15 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

FINALLY, I hope this is only 800 points. Saw the date updated a few days ago, but forgot to post it here, oops. Can't wait for this. (even if it sucks)

Posted Image

#16 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

christ finally!

fs_overall.png

#17 Chase   imo CAGiversary!   7655 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:47 AM

More of this. Less Frogger 2.

#18 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1918 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

More of this. Less Frogger 2.

Don't you want to at least see if it's any good before you demand "more of this"? Either way though, less Frogger 2 would be a good thing.

8pMY1T8.jpg?2990877.png

#19 akilshohen   Akilla!!! CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

akilshohen

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

I like it, it's easy, but fun. It's basically lemmings. Once you figure out a level, it's easy to get a gold in it. The achievements are making me go back though, I have no idea how I will get through a whole zone without any of the characters taking damage.

#20 xeno   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1157 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

i just bought the game and i LOVE it!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

The game is pretty good, but is frustrating at times if you are trying to get the 500,000 for each level. The main reason for this is that the Happy Tree Friends can get stuck at doors, so I then use the fire to guide them through the door, however, this does not always work. Sometimes when I try to guide them, they go the opposite direction, and then I put fire there to make them go back, but most of the time, they just catch on fire and loose so much health that the high score would be impossible to get at that point.
I also second the "having no idea how to get the no damage achievement" due to the fact I thought they took no damage in one level, but still managed too =\

Posted Image

#22 akilshohen   Akilla!!! CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

akilshohen

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

no, it's a whole set of levels. a zone is basically a background.....like the candy factory, the hospital....etc.