The difference between .hack//Sign complete collection/anime legends?

The complete collection comes in a fancier box & has 3 pins. The discs are the same as the single disc regular versions.

[quote name='jonlubbe']They both claim to be 6 disks.. any idea if they include the bonus episode from the special edition of disk 6, cant tell personally from the reviews I have read.[/QUOTE]
Neither of the collections has the bonus .hack//GIFT episode from the special edition of volume 6. Aside from the packaging (and the bonus pins), there is no difference between these two collections.

Yeah, I believe the complete collection was released shortly after the series finished its DVD run, and was just made so one could get the whole series at once for a little bit cheaper. The Anime Legends version was released a couple of years later and for a drastically lower price, for those who were still holding out on buying it.

I personally wouldn't, since you could get the other version new for that same price, but I guess it depends on preference. I like the show, but I don't find a fancy box that can't even fit with the rest of my DVDs and some pins (which might not even be in there, since it's used) worth it.

[quote name='trunks982']This:
http://www.amazon.com/hack-SIGN-Complete-Collection-Limited/dp/B0002VEVR0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-1010823-6735963?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178845452&sr=1-2

And this:
http://www.amazon.com/Hack-Sign-Legends-Complete-Collection/dp/B000FJH4YQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-1010823-6735963?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178845452&sr=1-1

Whats the difference?[/quote]

The top one was released first with a limited run for the holiday season. Hexagon outer box houses a multi-disc digipak and a 3-pin set.

The bottom one came out later as an Anime Legends Collection. The studio recycled the left-over digipak and gave it an Anime Legends bannered slip cover, sans the 3-pin set, and at a much cheaper price point. The later batches now comes in a brick (multi-disc plastic keepcase).

The discs are identical. So go with the cheapest one that you can find.

anime legends also tend to be in stero sound from what I've experienced, not surround or upgraded dolby pro logic. So if you have surround you might go with the more expensive. From what I understand anime legends is basically a cheaper crappier version of the original, like a greatest hits but with less options. If that helps at all.

[quote name='Scaevola']From what I understand anime legends is basically a cheaper crappier version of the original, like a greatest hits but with less options. If that helps at all.[/QUOTE]
Lies. The only difference with Anime Legends releases is the packaging. If you're worried about stripped-down releases, it's only ADV's thinpak collections you need to worry about.

[quote name='jonlubbe']They both claim to be 6 disks.. any idea if they include the bonus episode from the special edition of disk 6, cant tell personally from the reviews I have read.
[/quote]

Don't worry. You're not missing much.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Lies. The only difference with Anime Legends releases is the packaging. If you're worried about stripped-down releases, it's only ADV's thinpak collections you need to worry about.[/QUOTE]

The Planetes collection only contains the main disc's but not the second bonus disc's. But as far as I know the main one is untouched as far as anything goes.

bread's done
Back