- - - - -

The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

#61 Sailorneorune   (laughs) CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Sailorneorune

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

@karkyco:

Some people think Craigslist and places like CAG are perfect to sell their crap since they're too lazy or greedy (they want profits with no fees) to put said crap on ebay.

/obvious

Nearest Craigslists are Nashville and Indy, and they both seem to be a friggin' joke.

#62 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6811 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

@karkyco:

Some people think Craigslist and places like CAG are perfect to sell their crap since they're too lazy or greedy (they want profits with no fees) to put said crap on ebay.

/obvious

Nearest Craigslists are Nashville and Indy, and they both seem to be a friggin' joke.

Agreed - that's why I prefer it too, at least with some things, since it is SO much easier dealing local, especially in a big city like LA where you can command the eBay prices. eBay can be sketchy, paypal is horrendous, and I like getting straight cash without having to deal with shipping, scammers, fees etc.

#63 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9412 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

http://sfbay.craigsl.../336125030.html He said it was official too.

#64 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:47 AM

http://sfbay.craigsl.../336125030.html He said it was official too.

I certainly hope you read the ad completely, since they said they're selling it for $10, not the $1 listed in the title.

Someone did that locally with an assload of games and systems recently, so I said 'I'd like it for the amount listed in your title' as my simple but to the point response.

Do you think I ever received a response from that email? LMFAO

#65 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9412 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:00 AM

I certainly hope you read the ad completely, since they said they're selling it for $10, not the $1 listed in the title.

Dur... Why do think I posted it? Anyway, I picked it up earlier today.

#66 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

$5 off retail is a deal? Whatever....but personally, I would've asked for the title sale price of $1, but that's just cause I'm a true cheapass.

#67 nyprimus4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:02 AM

I don't think people have realized they dropped the PSP's price to $169.99. I regularly see console only for $200-250.

I want a used one for $80ish so I can have N64 on the go.

edit: the best deals are found near universities, full of college students trying to make a quick buck.

#68 nyprimus4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:21 AM

All games have original box and instructions. All are in great condition.
-Microcosm
-Dragon's Lair
-Lethal Enforcers: Gun Fighters II
-WWF (WWE now) Rage In The Cage
-Revenge Of The Ninja
-Space Ace
-Tomcat Alley
-Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Eye of the Beholder (case and manual only, no game)

These are all Sega CD games, I don't even have a Sega CD but for $15 is this a good deal?

#69 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

All games have original box and instructions. All are in great condition.
-Microcosm
-Dragon's Lair
-Lethal Enforcers: Gun Fighters II
-WWF (WWE now) Rage In The Cage
-Revenge Of The Ninja
-Space Ace
-Tomcat Alley
-Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Eye of the Beholder (case and manual only, no game)

These are all Sega CD games, I don't even have a Sega CD but for $15 is this a good deal?

Most of 'em are $2ish each on eBay. I've been on a big SegaCD kick lately, though. If you don't want them, can you let me know? I'm trying to build my collection (up to 25 so far!) Thanks.

#70 guyinga   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:05 AM

I just found a craigslist listing with Nintendo 64. It's a N64 with two controllers, five games, adapter, and system for $75. The games are Glover, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I've asked the seller if he would be willing to lower his price a little (since he's local and it's not like driving from north Atlanta to south Atlanta to sell it).

I suspect this seller is basing his pricing on eBay. :roll:

#71 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

I just found a craigslist listing with Nintendo 64. It's a N64 with two controllers, five games, adapter, and system for $75. The games are Glover, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I've asked the seller if he would be willing to lower his price a little (since he's local and it's not like driving from north Atlanta to south Atlanta to sell it).

I suspect this seller is basing his pricing on eBay. :roll:

Even for eBay, that's wicked high. :roll:

#72 guyinga   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

Even for eBay, that's wicked high. :roll:

He still won't budge on the price and he claims there's someone else interested. Argh

#73 majinvegeta-88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

majinvegeta-88

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

Bought an x-box 360 premium with 2 games charge and play headset some demo discs and a few x-box magazines for 250.00. Came w/ box and everything he said he just bought it a couple months ago and barely used it, looks new. Gonna eBay it for a quick $100 profit

#74 Pure Apathy   I got paid! CAGiversary!   6432 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Pure Apathy

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

There is a person selling a Macbook Pro laptop for $2400 on craigslist.

I bought this Macbook Pro less than five weeks ago and it has seen little use since. Infact, it's only been out of the case a handful of times. I thought I was going to need this bad boy more than I ended up. My wife also recently acquired a very nice iMac, so this little guy really is not going to see it's full potential with me. I've tried very hard over the last week to justify keeping this machine around, but I have to let it go. I really want to see this machine to go a deserving owner. With the full AppleCare warranty and extras that I have included with this computer, I don't think you'll be unhappy if you buy it. :) Feel free to email me if you have any questions at all and I will respond promptly.

It comes with the 3 years of apple care, iskin keyboard cover, and screen protector. It is the newest macbook pro that apple has on their website and it is the $2800 model. Would it be worth buying this laptop if I can get the guy to come down on his price some?

Having to pay for summer school is really kicking my ass right now, $1500 for two classes; one three week class and the other is four weeks. Should I grab it if I can get him to take $2000 for it? This would be my first mac so I'm not for sure if that is a good price for it or not...

*edit*
actually this is the mid-range Macbook pro that sells for $2500

Here are the specs on the laptop he is selling:

* 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
* 4MB shared level 2 cache
* 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)
* 120GB 5400 rpm hard drive
* 15.4-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
* 1440 by 900 pixels
* Ati Mobility Radeon X1600
* 256MB of GDDR3 Ram
* Built in iSight video camera
* Slot loading 6x-SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD+RW/CD-RW)
* ExpressCard/34 slot, Firewire 800 port, Firewire 400 port, Two USB 2.0 ports
* DVI port; DVI to VGA adapter included
* Optical digital audio input/line in
* Optical digital audio output/headphone out
* Built in 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
* Built in Airport Extreme
* Built in Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
* Backlit illuminated keyboard and ambient light sensor
* Apple Remote
* Preinstalled Mac OS X 10.4.9 and other bundled software
* 3 years of AppleCare included!
* iSkin Keyboard Protector included
* Screen Protector Included
* Laptop Case Included

He did add an extra gig of ram and added a better graphics card. I'm not for sure if he added anything else to it or not...

#75 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6811 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

He still won't budge on the price and he claims there's someone else interested. Argh

Yeah, sure there is. You should reply that when he gets tired of posting the same ad for the next 12 months without any bites, he should hit you up.

Perhaps then he will be willing to negotiate a more suitable price (like $25-30 MAX)

#76 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12402 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:04 AM

Did an AWESOME Craigslist deal today
HIS: Elite 360 (no 120GB HDD though)
MINE: Zune and $100 cash

Not too bad, eh?

#77 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, sure there is. You should reply that when he gets tired of posting the same ad for the next 12 months without any bites, he should hit you up.

Perhaps then he will be willing to negotiate a more suitable price (like $25-30 MAX)

Haha, yeah, generally what I tell people is, "Drop me an email when you still have it next week."

They usually get back to me in a couple of days with a more reasonable price. Its how I got my CD-X and games for $90 instead of the $190 asking price.

#78 BrooksyX   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   8 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

BrooksyX

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:36 AM

I got a core Xbox 360 last week for $100, it came with everything except a controller. The guy said it was broken but I have been running it for hours and have had no problems at all. I was planning on selling it for like $175 but I think ill keep it as a back up.

#79 theGrue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

Gonna go get Excite Truck for $20 after work. I've always thought I made a mistake buying Rayman at launch instead of this, today I get to find out!

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

a few weeks ago I picked up a Snes bundle-- about 10 games including Super Metroid, Sunset Riders, and the ringer...Earthbound. Came with the system, 2 controllers, hook ups. Played a couple hours of earthbound...and decided to sell it. the hype to suck ratio was too high :lol:

#81 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5695 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

a few weeks ago I picked up a Snes bundle-- about 10 games including Super Metroid, Sunset Riders, and the ringer...Earthbound. Came with the system, 2 controllers, hook ups. Played a couple hours of earthbound...and decided to sell it. the hype to suck ratio was too high :lol:

Your nuts lol back in the day when that game came out it was great and had some pretty " ahead of it's time" mechanics to it that are used even today still..

Would it hold up today probably not but it was a gem for it's time , now all Nintendo needs to do is port over an english version of part 3

#82 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9412 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

Command & Conquer 3 (360) sealed for $40

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

Your nuts lol back in the day when that game came out it was great and had some pretty " ahead of it's time" mechanics to it that are used even today still..

Would it hold up today probably not but it was a gem for it's time , now all Nintendo needs to do is port over an english version of part 3

back in the day it was probably good. and well, time makes fools of us all.

(forgot to mention, I got that whole bundle for $50)

#84 Larrabee213   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Larrabee213

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:12 PM

Just got a pick lot today. All for $55.

SNES:
- 1 SNES System complete NO YELLOWING!!
- 2 Controllers
- TMNT IV
- Super Mario World
- Super Battletank
- F-Zero
- Street Fighter 2

Posted Image

N64:
- 1 N64 System, no AV
- 1 Controller
- Goldeneye IN BOX
- Zelda OOT IN BOX
- 1080 Snowboarding IN BOX
- Banjo - K

Posted Image

PS1:
- 1 PS1 System
- 2 Controllers
- Madden 97, 98, 00, 01,
- Triple PLay 97
- Red Alert
- Final Fantasy VII BLACK LABLE
Posted Image

Also he threw in a NES Zapper (Grey), a Gameboy Phat, and NBA JAM for Genesis. All in all, a great purchase I think!! Finally a non-yellowed SNES!!!

#85 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

$45 for the lot

Contains:

Ps1 with hookups, controller
Snes with Hookups, controller
N64 with hookups, 2 controllers (missing pack, I have one around here somewhere)

Games:

Twisted Metal 2
Nightmare Creatures
Tenchu
Wargames Defcon 1
Star Wars Phantom Menace
star wars masters of the teras kasi

Crusin Usa
Blast Corps
SM 64
WWF War Zone
Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Snap
Bomberman 64
Starfox 64
Goldeneye

Super mario world
SF2
TMNT Turtles in Time
Sunset Riders
DKC
Lost Vikings
Uniracers
Captain America and the Avengers

#86 Larrabee213   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Larrabee213

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

Kuros, we both got Turtles in Time today!!! Nice!

#87 majinvegeta-88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

majinvegeta-88

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

Should I take this guy up on his offer?

http://detroit.craig.../349370080.html

I offered $50 & he countered w/ 70, but he doesnt even know if all of them work or not. Should I take the risk?

#88 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:29 PM

Should I take this guy up on his offer?

http://detroit.craig.../349370080.html

I offered $50 & he countered w/ 70, but he doesnt even know if all of them work or not. Should I take the risk?

I doubt any of them work. The NES-es are guaranteed duds, and those PSXs look suspect. Does he have any of the power cords, TV cables, controllers for any of them? It looks like a dealer trying to get rid of his non-working junk.

#89 majinvegeta-88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

majinvegeta-88

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

I doubt any of them work. The NES-es are guaranteed duds, and those PSXs look suspect. Does he have any of the power cords, TV cables, controllers for any of them? It looks like a dealer trying to get rid of his non-working junk.

Thats what I think too he doesnt have any cables, accessories or anything w/ them just the units.

#90 boognishd   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   27 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

boognishd

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

PS2 system plus games & acc listed for $200
All games were in mint condition and the only GH was RE1. He had Intelligent Qube on the listing too, but someone must have told him what it was worth. Kind of peeved me that he wanted the same price without IQ; totally refused to negotiate. I bit because my old PS2 crapped out, and I only already had FFO and Tekken4.

PS1:
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (GH)
Resident Evil 2
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy Origins (FF 1&2)
Final Fantasy 7,8,9

PS2:
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 12
Final Fantasy 12 Game Guide
Final Fantasy 12 Art Collection
Devil May Cry 1,2,3
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 4
Silent Hill 2,3

Accessories:
PS1 Sony Memory Card
PS1 Controller (Charcol Color)
PS2 8MB Sony Memory Card
Dual Shock2 Analog Controller
DVD Software CD
DVD Remote/Receiver

Some really sweet games in there, just wish I could have talked him down some.