Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site! Discussions Inside. Release Date: December 3, 2007

[quote name='furyk']If we're lucky, we'll get most of the character list. I doubt we'll get a date.[/quote]

Agreed, I'll be happy if I see a character list. A date would just be icing.

Do you know what this means?

A raging 7 day hard on, that's what. One that I will try to draw attention to at the most inappropriate of times.

"I'd like to order the kung pao. BOY I HAVE A RAGING HARD ON. FOR SMASH BROS."

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Probably just be a countdown and then finally link to meatspin.com[/QUOTE]

Why would they link to your homepage?

Hopefully by this point Nintendo is smart enough not to announce release dates too far ahead of time, as they have the worst track record for delays. We're not going to see this game until 2008.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Sonic and Mega Man, please.[/QUOTE]Yes, pretty please.

And I really, really hope this is counting down to something of substance.

Not to overhype this or anything, but Nintendo is releasing a lot of information next week (appearently). Metroid news for next week has been confirmed, and there was mention of other Nintendo games getting some new stuff released. This is probably one of them.

This is going to seem like forever. I've already checked twice today to see if it's below 6 yet.

ANY new info will be great to me. release date, new characters, maybe some new stages shown off.

Sonic would be the greatest thing ever.

And I remember hearing you have the option of wiimote or normal controller to play this game, is that still true?

[quote name='whoknows']Sonic would be the greatest thing ever.

And I remember hearing you have the option of wiimote or normal controller to play this game, is that still true?[/quote]Last I heard you would have to use the GCN controller, but rumors are now talking about two "versions," which would have to mean using GCN or Wii controls. Making a GCN version of this game would cost Nintendo tens if not hundreds of thousands of console sales. And wouldn't even make sense now that the Wii market is so much stronger than the GC market, less so when Zelda was out.

Er nevermind the rumors about other Nintendo news. There is a Nintendo event next week, I must have missed the confirmation.

[quote name='Strell']Why would they link to your homepage?[/quote]

Bahah, speaking of homepages ect.

I was at a party and me and my friends changed my friends bros homepage on his comp to Meatspin and edited all his links to link to Meatspin.

And changed his Firefox Icon on his desktop to pull up Meatspin when clicked.

It was especially funny when my friends GF's sisters (they are like 13-14) ran into his room to go on Myspace and got a face full of meat.

Bahaha.

Good times.

How many marios in this one? My money's on mario, dr. mario, stainless steel mario, baby mario, 8-bit mario, frog suit mario, and touchdown jesus mario. With unlockable bell biv devoe mario who can break it down like in the video for "Poison." Never trust a big butt and a smile, Nintendo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdF2zqs1bxQ

[quote name='dothog']How many marios in this one? My money's on mario, dr. mario, stainless steel mario, baby mario, 8-bit mario, frog suit mario, and touchdown jesus mario. With unlockable bell biv devoe mario who can break it down like in the video for "Poison." [/QUOTE]

The game is already an infinite progression of awesome. Adding more awesome to it doesn't matter at this point - it's still awesome.

Is anyone else sick of the countdowns? Personally, I like getting my news (video game and otherwise) with Google Reader, so I can just sit on my ass, while choking down quadruple-patty cheeseburgers dipped in french-onion-flavored lard and sip on Dublin Dr. Pepper while surfing (almost) every webiste I frequent. And there is nothing more annoying to the fat, lazy, and completely worthless me than having to read fifteen news stories about Fallout 3, Blizzard's $tarCraft, and now Super Smash Bros. Brawl COUNT DOWNS. I'm already sold on Fallout 3, and I'm just as sold on Brawl... 8 days worth of a count-down, with excellent news sources like Kotaku reporting predictable day changes like it's actual news. Here's a count-down for you: in about fifteen minutes, I'm about to stick a peacock feather in my throat, unleash partially digested cheeseburgers into a porcelain platter of exquisite beauty, and start the process anew.

Do realize that I am so upset, that I've put my cheeseburgers down, and wrote this on the internet. Down with the *munch much* count... *sluuuuurp* down?

[quote name='botticus']Last I heard you would have to use the GCN controller, but rumors are now talking about two "versions," which would have to mean using GCN or Wii controls. Making a GCN version of this game would cost Nintendo tens if not hundreds of thousands of console sales. And wouldn't even make sense now that the Wii market is so much stronger than the GC market, less so when Zelda was out.[/quote]I remember sakurai talking about using the gc controller layout, simply because he didn't want the motion sensing to get overly complicated and interfere with the flow of the game

I don't really care about Sonic or Megaman, but since Konami is already on board with Solid Snake, why not throw in Simon Belmont while they're at it?

Oh, and Captain N: The Game Master. Man, that would be AWESOME!

And since it's made by Hal, they should add Lolo & Lala

What Nintendo needs to do is go back to their classic game series and add characters from there, not add the 18,000 mario clones (for example Mike Jones from Startropics). Even though they wont do that, if they did add Megaman and Sonic I would literally crap my pants on the moment of reading that in excitement, and if they are not there or atleast not sonic I will be fucking pissed at Nintendo. I could care less that Snake is in the game because while Snake is awesome, Snake is no comparasion to Sonic or Megaman in my opinion. I guess the idea of Sonic vs Mario vs Megaman just would be awesome.

[quote name='botticus']Last I heard you would have to use the GCN controller, but rumors are now talking about two "versions," which would have to mean using GCN or Wii controls. Making a GCN version of this game would cost Nintendo tens if not hundreds of thousands of console sales. And wouldn't even make sense now that the Wii market is so much stronger than the GC market, less so when Zelda was out.[/QUOTE]
Wait, making a GC version too? That would be the most idiotic thing Nintendo could do. This is a heavy hitter. This is their Halo 3, their system seller.
Still, it'd be quirky and bizzare if it happened (and fun in a way if Gamecube managed to get one more huge title)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wait, making a GC version too? That would be the most idiotic thing Nintendo could do. This is a heavy hitter. This is their Halo 3, their system seller.
Still, it'd be quirky and bizzare if it happened (and fun in a way if Gamecube managed to get one more huge title)[/QUOTE]
As much as I agree, I am starting to believe Nintendo doesn't need a system seller.

I don't think there will be two versions. This game is supposed to have online support (I think I read that somewhere) and I don't think the gamecube has online capabilities for the general public.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wait, making a GC version too? That would be the most idiotic thing Nintendo could do. This is a heavy hitter. This is their Halo 3, their system seller.
Still, it'd be quirky and bizzare if it happened (and fun in a way if Gamecube managed to get one more huge title)[/quote]Yes there will only be one version and the only reason Zelda got the dual platform treatment is it was a Wii launch title and Nintendo knew that there are still enough GCN's out there to warrant the release and not enough Wii's. Hell Super Paper Mario got ditched as a GCN title so why the fuck would Nintendo release 2 versions?

Obscure characters would be good.

Assuming that Konami will allow most of their other characters

Simon Belmont from Castlevania
Bayou Billy from... well... Bayou Billy
Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Frogger from Frogger
Goemon from Legend of the Mystical Ninja series
Sypha Belnades from Castlevania III

And just because it would be cool, you should use the Konami Code to unlock one of them.

NINTENDO CHARACTERS

King Dedede from Kirby
Stanley the Bugman from Donkey Kong 3
Lolo & Lala from the Adventures of Lolo (technically a Hal series)
Ridley from Metroid
Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus
Super Macho Man from Punch Out!!
Doshin the Giant from Doshin the Giant

I'm still kind of resentful of bringing in non-Nintendo characters to begin with, but it's happening, so I'll deal with it. Just seems like a shame when there are so many cool obscure Nintendo-native characters that never got a shot.

[quote name='Tybee']I'm still kind of resentful of bringing in non-Nintendo characters to begin with, but it's happening, so I'll deal with it. Just seems like a shame when there are so many cool obscure Nintendo-native characters that never got a shot.[/quote]
I prefer having Nintendo characters too, but I'm pretty confident that there will only be a few third party characters.(Maybe this was said in an interview?)

[quote name='AmigoOne']Their going to announce the new confirmed character: Samus

Or a delay[/quote]
IGN Matt says they're going to reconfirm a 2007 release date for all three of their big games. But I'm not sure if he also meant that there were going to be more specific dates given. Of course, he has been wrong before.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Agreed, I'll be happy if I see a character list. A date would just be icing.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to see Sonic. Seriously, the entire site could contain a lone pic of Sonic and I'll be happy :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']pac man :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that just to see how he would be implemented in the game.

[quote name='Under_Score']It's going to be like,
"WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL SITE!

Uh...we cancelled it."[/QUOTE]

Brilliant. Really.

Hot on the heels of the Halo 3 cancellation.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the "waka-waka-waka..." would be instant kill :)[/quote]
030404.gif
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=51

bread's done
Back