Proof that wikipedia helps the spread of fake info via the internet

becuzimbrown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
About 2 months ago i was bored and started doing what all people do....

go on wikipedia and editing random information and putting my name in the place of other people's names in history/pop cultre

Yesterday my friend was bored and started googling my name...he came across these things (which i edited on wikipedia and spread to other sites)

http://kate_beckinsale.totallyexplained.com/

http://www.answers.com/topic/kate-beckinsale

http://whosprettier.ning.com/detail.php?DetailID=1970084

go to personal life in each one of those sites and see who she used to date

Hi everyone im Vraj Desai

What the fuck ever happened to kids constantly masturbating? What next you going to draw devil horns, and a mustache on someones face, and try to make us giggle about that?

"Web sites

* Kate Beckinsale at the Internet Movie Database - article contains errors, however"

:lol:

Anyways, I'm not whether to scold you for being a dumbass or give you a mild compliment for showing how much people blindly take from Wikipedia.

[quote name='Moxio']"Web sites

* Kate Beckinsale at the Internet Movie Database - article contains errors, however"

:lol:

Anyways, I'm not whether to scold you for being a dumbass or give you a mild compliment for showing how much people blindly take from Wikipedia.[/quote]

lol

It seems wikipedia has become much more unreliable in the past two years than it was prior when they compared it to encyclopedia britannica. I have seen a lot more errors now and just a lot of stuff that needs to be "clean up" there.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Did you know that the population of African elephants has tripled in the past six months?

Also, you should know that reality is a commodity.[/quote]

Wasnt that on the Colbert Report?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']one of the reasons it is unreliable is that dolts like you change the actual information, way to be[/QUOTE]

Gyahaha, true.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']one of the reasons it is unreliable is that dolts like you change the actual information, way to be[/quote]

but doesnt wikipedia change it right back after like 5 minutes? i remember a tech class in my school did an experiment 2 years ago that checked to see how long it took wikipedia to change information on different levels

1.Major: (information that is obviously incorrect)
2. Minor: (information that is not as obvious)
3. (dont remember the name): (information that would barely be recognized by people reading)

what the class found was, all of these levels have pretty much the same response time which is about 5-10 minutes

again this is all based off of an experiment done by a tech class 2 years ago...maybe theyre response time has been slowed for some reason?

Wikipedia is a great resource, I still find the wealth of information that can be found from it quite amazing. And it's authored by many different people from all around the world no less!

Despite how great of a site it is, there's always going to be some moron trying to ruin things for everyone else.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Sweet, I wonder what celebrities will have soon dated me... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

gallagher.jpg

bread's done
Back