World of Warcraft: The Official CAG Thread - Guild is DEAD! STAY AWAY!

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Updated 5/30

If you are interested in joining the OFFICIAL CAG GUILD (!!!), just post your character name here in this thread. We play on Agamaggan as Alliance. If you have any questions, just ask either here on the boards or in-game. Here's a list of the CAGs already in the guild.

CAG/Character/Race/Class

Mr. Anderson/Samuraifez/Night Elf/Warrior
Matte/Halfy/Gnome/Mage
WrathWolves/Feyori/Human/Paladin
Oktoberfest/Arbaria/Human/Warrior
mr ryles/ryles/Human/Warlock
RAMSTORIA/Ramstoria/Draenai/Hunter
Apossum/Apossum/Night Elf/Hunter
Genghisk
/Genghisk/Gnome/Warlock
jalu6/jaylu/Draenai/Shaman
TheUnsane1/Psyla/?/Shaman
ace25one
/Loraha/?/Paladin
soliddragon
/Ixtab/Draenai/Priest
Over easy
/Cyndis/Human/Priest
Jfonzy/Jfonzy/?/Warrior

Starting up for the fourth time again...5 or 6 of my friend are playing it now so I got tricked into it...

Halfy (Gnome Mage) on Agamaggan.

[quote name='Mattte']Starting up for the fourth time again...5 or 6 of my friend are playing it now so I got tricked into it...

Halfy (Gnome Mage) on Agamaggan.[/QUOTE]

Damn you, Matte! You tricked me into starting a char on this ridiculously low populated server!

I've always dreamed about making a guild called the Underpants Gnomes consisting only of Gnomes and Dwarves (for the healers and stuff..)

Have any new servers been put up recently?

I can't check since the servers are getting raided right now, I can't even give them my money for a new month.

60 Night Elf Rogue on Daggerspine
61 Undead Warlock on Chromaggus
70 Human Warlock on Laughing Skull
32 Tauren Druid on Gnomeregan
70 Blood Elf Rogue on Gnomeregan

If anyone on gnomeregan wants to group up let me know, I just re-rolled there last night. Got really sick on playing a Warlock endgame, as well TBC endgame content in general. After taking a break I decided to re-roll on a PvE realm and just enjoy leveling for once.

[quote name='mr ryles']we should all make new characters and start in the same realm and work from there.[/QUOTE]

Let's do it! I vote for Agamaggan. ;) Seriously, let's get a vote on who would be interested in doing that, and then we could figure out what would be the best server to do it on.

EDIT: OP updated.

70 Tauren Hunter
62 Undead Warrior
35 Tauren Druid
...all on Gorefiend.

I finally managed to quit this game... no way am I getting dragged back in by starting a new character :p

Alright, seems like there's a little twang of interest. Whoever wants to join up, just post and I'll add your name to the OP. Also, suggestions on server/side would appreciated.

I'd be down for playing with some CAGs, but as Roufuss said, this comes up every few months and never takes. But, if someone wants to take the time to pick a server and organize, I'd join up. I even have a character or two I would transfer.

I think the main problem is people dont want to give up on characters they have played with and reroll, but I still havent tried any of the new races, so that's fine with me.

A few decisions:
Server Time (I would suggest a Central-Midwest server to compromise between the East Coast people and all you hippies and surfers from the West Coast)
PvP or PvE?
Horde or Alliance?

[quote name='jalu6']I'd be down for playing with some CAGs, but as Roufuss said, this comes up every few months and never takes. But, if someone wants to take the time to pick a server and organize, I'd join up. I even have a character or two I would transfer.

I think the main problem is people dont want to give up on characters they have played with and reroll, but I still havent tried any of the new races, so that's fine with me.

A few decisions:
Server Time (I would suggest a Central-Midwest server to compromise between the East Coast people and all you hippies and surfers from the West Coast)
PvP or PvE?
Horde or Alliance?[/QUOTE]

It's a combination of what you said, and then when people do re-roll, their means always get priority so if their "main" guild wants to do something, they are going to bail out... most people forget they have an alt.

I grouped with some CAG's before, but only one of them actually stayed around, the others ended up playing with their mains more, and their alts got severely underleveled, and they just stopped playing the alt's.

[quote name='jalu6']A few decisions:
PvP or PvE?
Horde or Alliance?[/quote]

Pfft...RPPVP is where its at.

You guys want to start over fresh, or start up on a server where some one has some characters?

[quote name='jalu6']I'd be down for playing with some CAGs, but as Roufuss said, this comes up every few months and never takes. But, if someone wants to take the time to pick a server and organize, I'd join up. I even have a character or two I would transfer.

A few decisions:
PvP or PvE?
Horde or Alliance?[/QUOTE]

The re-rolling is definitely the main concern. I'm new to the game, so I'm not in a dedicated guild or anything like that. I can make a new character without hesitation. Anyway, I agree with the central server time, and I say PvP/Alliance.

[quote name='Mattte']Pfft...RPPVP is where its at.

You guys want to start over fresh, or start up on a server where some one has some characters?[/QUOTE]

I think we should do it on a server where the majority of CAGs play on. Right now, I think it's Agamaggan. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and Roufuss, are you gonna join?

If you guys decide on Gnomeregan I'm down, otherwise count me out. Just paid to transfer an alt there with a lot of gold so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Warcraftrealms.com is a good place if you want look into any realm stats. For example, Agamaggan has about 5 times more alliance than it does horde. Also it gives you the time zone of each.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I think we should do it on a server where the majority of CAGs play on. Right now, I think it's Agamaggan. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and Roufuss, are you gonna join?[/QUOTE]
I'm on the same boat, I have only started playing this game about 2 months ago, my character is only to level 20, so starting a new guy on a new realm is no big deal to me.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']
EDIT: Oh, and Roufuss, are you gonna join?[/QUOTE]

Nah, unfortunately, I pretty much only play Guild Wars right now... I played WoW for over a year and Burning Crusade for a few months, and I can't afford the $15 a month at the moment (would rather put it towards a new game, honestly).

If a good deal on time cards comes back up at Best Buy or something, I'll join.

[quote name='jalu6']Warcraftrealms.com is a good place if you want look into any realm stats. For example, Agamaggan has about 5 times more alliance than it does horde. Also it gives you the time zone of each.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I can't believe the A:H is ratio is that imbalanced. Thanks for the link.

Hmmmm I just ordered this game, so I'd definitely be interested in joining up with some CAG's.

Anywhere is fine with me obviously since I'm a total noob.

Oh I should mention I'll only have WOW for a while and not BC. I don't know if that matters or not.

[quote name='Francis']Hmmmm I just ordered this game, so I'd definitely be interested in joining up with some CAG's.

Anywhere is fine with me obviously since I'm a total noob.

Oh I should mention I'll only have WOW for a while and not BC. I don't know if that matters or not.[/QUOTE]

It won't matter for the first 60 levels, as the content will be the same. Only difference is that you wont be able to play as a super-sexy blood elf or overgrown smurf.

Alright, that's 7 of us so far. Anybody got any suggestions for a server? And if this really happens, should we allow non-CAGs into the guild?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Alright, that's 7 of us so far. Anybody got any suggestions for a server? And if this really happens, should we allow non-CAGs into the guild?[/QUOTE]

You need 10 people to make a guild, and you probably are going to have to allow non CAG's in unless you can get at least 30 - 40 CAG's to sign up, since the instances at the end require a buttload of players... I recommend more than 40 because not everyone is going to be able to play at the same time so you'll always needs back-up's at the higher levels.

[quote name='Roufuss']You need 10 people to make a guild, and you probably are going to have to allow non CAG's in unless you can get at least 30 - 40 CAG's to sign up, since the instances at the end require a buttload of players... I recommend more than 40 because not everyone is going to be able to play at the same time so you'll always needs back-up's at the higher levels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I figured we would have to let outsiders in.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Thanks for the advice. I figured we would have to let outsiders in.[/QUOTE]

Right now, you can probably keep it simple, as long as you have a good group of 5 - 10 CAG's to do instances and stuff with, since the cap on every instance from 1 - 55 is 5 members.

Then, when you end up getting to a high enough level, then open it up to other high level guild-less members.

But it's extremely hard to make a really good high level end game guild, because most servers have dedicated huge guilds and most people want to join one of them, or the big guilds absorb the smaller guilds into their rank. But hopefully you can grab a bunch of CAG's to form a guild with, similar to how Penny Arcade has a few guilds I think made up of just PA members.

Right, for the first 2-3 months (depending on how everyone plays) a good tight group of 5-10 should be enough. Since the expansion, no one does the lvl 60 raids anyway, so you can really get away for a long time with less people.

I'd be fine with the server you guys suggested. The biggest problem with a low pop server is finding people to group with, but if theres a group of CAGs who are leveling together, we won't have spend 3 hours trying to form a Gnomer group.

I guess that also means the 7 of us can't be 4 rogues and 3 warlocks.

[quote name='jalu6']Right, for the first 2-3 months (depending on how everyone plays) a good tight group of 5-10 should be enough. Since the expansion, no one does the lvl 60 raids anyway, so you can really get away for a long time with less people.

I'd be fine with the server you guys suggested. The biggest problem with a low pop server is finding people to group with, but if theres a group of CAGs who are leveling together, we won't have spend 3 hours trying to form a Gnomer group.

I guess that also means the 7 of us can't be 4 rogues and 3 warlocks.[/QUOTE]

While Agamaggan's server pop might be low, it's got a great community. I've already found quite a few cool people to group with at level 12, and we're all in shitty guilds. If some CAG WoW verterns (like you, jalu) join up, we should have no problem kicking ass. So is everybody alright with Agamaggan? If not, please speak up. :D

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']While Agamaggan's server pop might be low, it's got a great community. I've already found quite a few cool people to group with at level 12, and we're all in shitty guilds. If some CAG WoW verterns (like you, jalu) join up, we should have no problem kicking ass. So is everybody alright with Agamaggan? If not, please speak up. :D[/QUOTE]

Fine by me.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']While Agamaggan's server pop might be low, it's got a great community. I've already found quite a few cool people to group with at level 12, and we're all in shitty guilds. If some CAG WoW verterns (like you, jalu) join up, we should have no problem kicking ass. So is everybody alright with Agamaggan? If not, please speak up. :D[/QUOTE]

Ok sounds good. I'll hop on tonight and make a new character. I'll probably start up a shaman or a druid (although I doubt I can deal with the NE starting area again).

I've got a near level 70 friend on Agamaggan as well, so he may be able to hook us up with stuff during the early levels.

I'm gonna hop on now and have a couple hour WoW session, no work tonight.

Another thought...do we go with the clan name Cheap Ass Gamer (doubt ass is even accepted) or something relating to the site or some other name?

[quote name='soliddragon']OK, I've got a lev 5 Undead Warrior on Agamaggan named Escalito[/QUOTE]

Wait, are we going alliance or horde? Cause if we're going alliance, we will need to watch our backs for an undead warrior named Escalito.

I just tried to log on, and it looks like my installation got corrupted by the latest patch. I'll see you guys in about 18 hours when I get the 8 discs reinstalled.

Whoa, we're going horde? I guess we didn't really talk about it; what should we do? Either way is fine with me, I've been wanting to make a blood elf. :D

EDIT: Remember, one thing to think about on Agamaggan is Alliance outnumbers Horde 5 to 1. Take that how you will.

[quote name='Mattte']I've got a near level 70 friend on Agamaggan as well, so he may be able to hook us up with stuff during the early levels.

I'm gonna hop on now and have a couple hour WoW session, no work tonight.

Another thought...do we go with the clan name Cheap Ass Gamer (doubt ass is even accepted) or something relating to the site or some other name?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, we can just name the clan CAG. Works like a charm. :D

Yeah, I think Alliance would just be best at this point. Of course, if there are any serious objections from anybody, just holler. soliddragon, would you mind rerolling another char on Alliance? :D

bread's done
Back