GameCrazy MVP trade-in question?

D

Dick Tracy

When you trade in games at GameCrazy, with an MVP account, will the trade-in boost be reflected on your receipt?

I think the dick forgot to give it to me.

Can I go back in and get it adjusted?

The store is closed (as it is night time), and I won't be able to call tomorrow.

If anyone can tell me, I appreciate it.

[quote name='Brak']When you trade in games at GameCrazy, with an MVP account, will the trade-in boost be reflected on your receipt?

I think the dick forgot to give it to me.

Can I go back in and get it adjusted?

The store is closed (as it is night time), and I won't be able to call tomorrow.

If anyone can tell me, I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Should be. When I traded in games last week, the trade value on the receipt was after MVP.

Yeah, it should be on the receipt. I mean it won't say with bonus or anything, it'll just have the amount. Give me some examples of the trade values on your receipt (for instance, if Mercenaries trades in at 6, the receipt will say 6.60 if you got the boost, but there's no tagline that'll say like "10% mvp bonus") and no, there's no way to retroactively go back and add credit.. if he did indeed forget to give you a bonus you'd probably have to talk to the manager.

yeah, just post the values you got and i should be able to tell if you got the bonus or not

Thanks.

$29.98 - RAYMAN RAVING RABBIDS
$10.12 - AMPED 3
$25.00 - JUST CAUSE
$16.50 - EARTH DEFENSE FORCE
$13.20 - TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS
$7.43 - LEGO STAR WARS

All Xbox 360.

[quote name='Brak']Thanks.

$29.98 - RAYMAN RAVING RABBIDS
$10.12 - AMPED 3
$25.00 - JUST CAUSE
$16.50 - EARTH DEFENSE FORCE
$13.20 - TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS
$7.43 - LEGO STAR WARS

All Xbox 360.[/quote]

Yeah, you did. Though the 10.12 for Amped and 7.43 for Lego Star Wars are kinda weird, I think that's because they had so many used copies (for example, my store is only giving $6.xx for God of War 2 because we have 12 copies of it). Kinda suprised that Just Caused still got that much. I'll double check tomorrow, but i'm pretty sure those prices are with the MVP.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, you did. Though the 10.12 for Amped and 7.43 for Lego Star Wars are kinda weird, I think that's because they had so many used copies (for example, my store is only giving $6.xx for God of War 2 because we have 12 copies of it). Kinda suprised that Just Caused still got that much. I'll double check tomorrow, but i'm pretty sure those prices are with the MVP.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, man.

The Just Cause trade-in value surprised me, too.

It's weird because it's more than 50% of its resale price. They gave you $25 and it turns around and sells for $39.99/$36.99. Not even EDF got 50% of its resale value. They must not have had many of JC, if any at all.

[quote name='Scorch']It's weird because it's more than 50% of its resale price. They gave you $25 and it turns around and sells for $39.99/$36.99. Not even EDF got 50% of its resale value. They must not have had many of JC, if any at all.[/quote]

Maybe they don't have that many copies or something? I know they base their trade-in prices on how many they have in stock, so maybe they have very few copies?

I once traded in a stack of games that added up to over $100 in credit and the guy didn't give me credit for one of the most expensive ones, I was to get like $22 for Monster Rancher Evo (or more than that). I called the store immediately when I got home and they added it to my account since the game was in the stack I traded in and it wasn't on the list of my trade-ins. I about fell over when I realized I didn't receive the credit though x-(

[quote name='tangytangerine']Maybe they don't have that many copies or something? I know they base their trade-in prices on how many they have in stock, so maybe they have very few copies?[/quote]
Yeah, I checked today and the normal credit value for it is 22.73, or 25 with MVP. I know it's based on stock. My store is giving $9 for God of War 2 because we have 11 used copies.

[quote name='DongHungLong']What is MVP... I've traded in 4 games now and had no idea about it :(. How you get it?[/quote]

http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/mvp.aspx

Essentially 10% off used games and accessories, 10% more when you trade in, magazine subscription, free disc buffing..

$19.99 for a year (if you buy three games a year, it'll pay for itself and everything else is pure profit on your end). $14.99 to renew when the year's up. Get it when you trade in games. Let's say you trade in two games worth $30 and sign up for the MVP. You get the 10% bonus on the $30 games, knocking them up to $33.00 each, a profit of $6, so the MVP only costs $14 to get instead of the normal $20.

Well worth it if you're buying/trading X360 or PS3 games.

bread's done
Back