I found this on the HL2 website...

Flashmonkey

CAGiversary!
Since hl2 is coming in November, I was playing through the first one, just for kicks. While playing, I noticed the "Gman" for the first time(s). I never noticed him before for some reason, maybe a difficulty level thing, but I was pissed because I didn't know why he was there. I was searching around the net for a description of Gman, found no one knows anything, but found a pretty cool thing on the hl2 website. People call it the "second test" and I'm not sure how many of you know about it, but it's not posted here so, what the helll.

go to the hl2 official website media collection, here:

www.half-life2.com/media.html

When you hover over the 6th pic, a pic of Gman's face comes up. click on it, enter in "nova" for the username and "prospekt" as the password (no quotes). You get in, look at the page source, an ascii pic of alyx, and a bird. Enter "barnacle" in the form and get some art of a barnacle grabbing Freeman.

I thought this was pretty cool, dunno if it means anything though. Also, does anyone, ANYONE, know anything about the Gman? Even any ideas???

In case anyone else is too lazy to do it by themself...

The Barnacle Image

I'm guessing that there's more hidden on the site. If anyone has the time to find it, by all means post it here. I'm curious... :D

(Beyond that, I don't have time to do it myself. Darn...)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']In case anyone else is too lazy to do it by themself...

The Barnacle Image

I'm guessing that there's more hidden on the site. If anyone has the time to find it, by all means post it here. I'm curious... :D

(Beyond that, I don't have time to do it myself. Darn...)[/quote]

Thanks Walrus!!!:lol:

For Quackzilla and Scrubking, I have a little story for you. A while before Steam came out, I got Half-Life from a friend. I played through the game on easy, and it scared the crap out of me. I was afraid of everything popping out at me and attacking me, and thats probably why I missed the Gman (or because I was playing on easy...) I'm at Nithilath, the last level and final boss, and Steam is released. I absolutley love Counter-Strike so I downloaded Steam for 1.6. This converted all my Half-Life files into Steam Half-Life files and erased all my saved games. I frikin played over 15hrs to get to where I was!!! I just didn't bother trying to beat the game all over again and just played Counter-Strike. Sucks, doesn't it?

similar thing happened to me. I got to the level before and that creature that chases you and you are supposed to knock through the hole would never fall down.

I used a cheat code to skip the level and the game locked up and would not let me attack the final boss.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']In case anyone else is too lazy to do it by themself...

The Barnacle Image

(Beyond that, I don't have time to do it myself. Darn...)[/quote]

Much appreciated.

bread's done
Back