CAGcast #77: Calling All CAGs

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
This week's show features CheapyD's Warhawk (PS3) beta experiences and your feedback and our thoughts on the first live CAGcast. We also discuss new releases and the latest gaming news, answer your questions from the CAGbag, and so much more!

Listen for details on how to win a DS Lite from Goozex Game Trading Site!

Promotion rules found here.

Download
- 81 minutes, 37MB

Past CAGcasts

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast77.mp3[/media]

Show Linkage/Notes
(click the button below to expand):

Oh god, I already can hear your negative look on Warhawk.

The game is great, but I can see how the freezing would drive anyone crazy.

Anywayss.... If you stay at that hotel in CA for E3 you'll be close to me. *stares*
I wish I could get into it.

Please for the love of God , DO NOT SEE DOA the movie.
Story --- suck ass
Acting ---- shit hole...

Please, please spent your time doing something else ^__^

[quote name='nonggame']Please for the love of God , DO NOT SEE DOA the movie.
Story --- suck ass
Acting ---- shit hole...

Please, please spent your time doing something else ^__^[/quote]

You don't go to see the story and the acting.

You go (or download it) to see her:

sarah.jpg

Is that Hellen ? See it month ago, and yes I ummmm watch it on the net ^__^;
the actress who play Kausmi is ugly ass sin, and Tina come on. Why is she soooo OLD. Ruy looks like shi....t. Oh and the person who play as Kasumi brother looks like Iron Chef America Host or maybe it is him ^__^. Another thing, why is Ayane American lol. Lei Fei umm just ugly Asian girl and only show up like 2 min. One last thing , why they choose Hawaiian or Summon ( spelling) to play as Leon >

I feel honored that Cheapy read my feedback with the upmost dignity. The mark of a true podcast....person.

Wow. A PSP game was mentioned on the CAGcast. That's a first. ;)

The $40 Sony PS2 games never stopped, they just knew which games to not give a discount for (GT). The MLB 07 I picked up earlier this year was $40 and most of their platformers were $40 when they released, along with plenty of other games (Shadow of the Colossus was another) that came out long after SOCOM.

I'm not sure why you put so much stock in the MGS4 rumors, Cheapy.

About Sony's first party offerings for the PS3, games take time to be developed. If you've ever follow the GT games, you know that those guys can never make the first deadline on their games. GT3 was originally a launch game, called GT 2000 at the time, but was delayed to the summer and was an amazing game. I'd rather the developers take their time to get them out than have the half-assed games that Wombat seems to want (platformers, racers). ;) The Gamers Day event was proof that taking the time to make the games as good as they can get is best, as many of those games look to be really good releases for the fall. Imagine how those would've been if Uncharted or Ratchet were rushed for launch.

I really the use of integrating the show's feedback into your topics, instead of just spending 10-20 minutes reading all the feedback and then moving onto the show. Great show, but short.

yeah! the constant freezing in warhawk is brutal, ive heard its cuz the 1.8 firmware update, and u can customize the controls to ur liking, just go2 options >> controller setup in the menu screen or press pause during the game n go2 >> controller setup, n i hope 2 see u in the warhawk beta!!! so i can own u in a match!!! :D

Hey there CheapyD and Wombat, I just picked up the ps3 a little while ago and noticed you were having some problems with the PSN in terms of having spare change in your PSN wallet? Well, to resolve this, just leave your wallet empty, and proceed to the checkout. Wham-o you got yourself a game, without the hassle of retaining in-store credit because Sony will deduct the exact amount from your credit card; the way it should be. Maybe I'll get CAC sometime this weekend and the CAG community can give this thing a fair shake online? Great show guys, keep em coming.

[quote name='Paullenation']Hey there CheapyD and Wombat, I just picked up the ps3 a little while ago and noticed you were having some problems with the PSN in terms of having spare change in your PSN wallet? Well, to resolve this, just leave your wallet empty, and proceed to the checkout. Wham-o you got yourself a game, without the hassle of retaining in-store credit because Sony will deduct the exact amount from your credit card; the way it should be. Maybe I'll get CAC sometime this weekend and the CAG community can give this thing a fair shake online? Great show guys, keep em coming.[/QUOTE]

Blast, you beat me to this! To be honest, being able to pay with real money and exact change has pretty much ruined LIVE's point-based system for me.

[quote name='Paullenation']Hey there CheapyD and Wombat, I just picked up the ps3 a little while ago and noticed you were having some problems with the PSN in terms of having spare change in your PSN wallet? Well, to resolve this, just leave your wallet empty, and proceed to the checkout. Wham-o you got yourself a game, without the hassle of retaining in-store credit because Sony will deduct the exact amount from your credit card; the way it should be. Maybe I'll get CAC sometime this weekend and the CAG community can give this thing a fair shake online? Great show guys, keep em coming.[/QUOTE]
Beat me to it. You don't need to add funds to your PSN wallet in $5/10/etc increments; just let it directly charge your credit card for the exact amount.

Also, I've never been charged sales tax on my PSN games. Whatever the price is ($9.99, for example), that's all I've paid. Maybe tax is only charged in certain states and/or countries? (For the record, I live in CT.)

[quote name='liquidcross']Beat me to it. You don't need to add funds to your PSN wallet in $5/10/etc increments; just let it directly charge your credit card for the exact amount.

Also, I've never been charged sales tax on my PSN games. Whatever the price is ($9.99, for example), that's all I've paid. Maybe tax is only charged in certain states and/or countries? (For the record, I live in CT.)[/QUOTE]

I do get charged sales tax, and I'm in NY. Perhaps it does vary state by state? Either way, I'm not surprised that NY wants more of my $, since obviously they aren't already getting enough...

thanks for the info, I thought that was the case but it never works for me, but I will be the first to admit that I am probably doing something wrong.

shadowrun fuck fuck fuck fuck . come on guys even potheads wouldn't play that crap. btw gaming 420 is da bomb and it even makes the cagcast funny. another good show guys. I've never been this thirsty in my entire life.

Hey guys,

Listening to the show right now, and I am the part where you are talking about Halo 3, and that anyone can play. Well, Im not the best player, and like Wombat, am definitely behind the curve of most players, but still have a good time. Last weekend, when playing the beta, I did poorly, and my 8 year old niece wanted to play, since she loves playing older Halos. Well, she got 3rd place out of all the players. So, just goes to show, that you can be good and not have a lot of practice. They were schooled by an 8 year old!

I like how Cheapy makes fun of having to go to gamefaqs....then goes back and suggests for Wombat to go there for Halo 2 strats.

After listening to this last show maybe it would good to do an every other kind of show. One show with live callers, the next pre-recorded. That way the people who really enjoy the shows with just CheapyD & Wombat get what they want, and those who like to hear other CAGs sound off get what they want. Just a thought.
Well I think we all learned quite a bit about CheapyD this week. Finding an arm hair in the food is just something that is nasty, it is like picturing a bowl full of scabs! I am not sure why but WOW that was really gross. Now I find myself looking all my food over much more carefully. Then learning that long time ago there was a tall skinny bald kid “roughing up the suspect” to Dirty Dancing is quite a picture to go along with CAGCast.

I really liked what Wombat said about callers should expect some abuse. Look at Howard Stern, any day time talk show guest they all take a little abuse. And lets face it this is CheapyD & Wombat’s chance to hand back a little abuse, for all the abuse they take weekly on the forums.

The question of why console owners get upset when games that were exclusive to one console, now become cross platform titles is an interesting one. To be honest, I can see people getting mad when a game does NOT come to their favorite console, but getting mad and signing Nerd Lists to protest is stupid. I think it comes down to the fact they these are the same people that get on forums, blog comments and preach the wonders of their console of choice. Exclusive games are one of the big things that most people will sound off about as to why one console is better then another. Now with a member Rockstar’s development team coming out and saying that the XBox 360’s lack of a hard drive may hurt the game Grand Theft Auto: IV over all for both PS3 and 360 is in my mind one valid reason to complain about a game coming to both consoles. But hey its as simple as write two versions of the code.

“Chink Lover”, wow racial slurs on XBox LIVE are you sure Cheapy? Are you sure it wasn’t some southerner with a really strong accent saying “Chief Lover”? LOL!! All kidding aside I love the USA, I was born and raised here, but wow Americans are some of the rudest people on the planet. It is getting so bad that we may over take the French soon. I can not remember the last time I played Ranked matches, or joined random rooms in any XBox LIVE game because of the racial, homophoic, and vulgar comments that come over my sound system usually offend my wife and they are nothing that I want my two year old to start repeating. I know that the Vagina Clown AKA Major Nelson always says leave feed back, and file complaints. But if they really banned all these people it would cut their membership down to a few hundred thousand and then they would be right on par with the Playstation Network.

don't know if you guys mentioned it or not (just started listening a few minutes ago), but Sir Wombat got a shout out from Greybush at the Podtoid. Seems he's a fan of MOTS.

I noticed in the latest CAGcast you mentioned that the owners of the Playstation 3 are so "Sensitive" to things, such as criticism or console berating. I believe it is really due to the fact that, for myself, I’m tired of feeling like a "bad person" for enjoying my console. Every time I go on the forums or listen to a podcast, and the topic of the Playstation 3 is brought up, it feels as if the people speak about the console as if you have to be a total idiot to enjoy it and that it has nothing worthwhile. So it kind of makes the owner go, “Hey, uh, I enjoy it. Here is why…”

And the reason why games turning Multiplatform are looked down on by me is due to the fact that Multiplatform games are usually of lower quality. It has been said by the developers many times and I have even experienced it firsthand working at a game developing job, when a game needs to be tested, the tester is concentrated on one of the consoles so the amount of people testing the game is usually cut down very low. Also, the developers have a harder time utilizing the consoles potential due to not being able to focus on one set of hardware.

So, whenever a game that was exclusive is announced to be Multiplatform I know it’s going to be much harder for the developers to bring out the true potential of the title and test it 100% to make sure there isn’t any screw ups or glitches... *cough* UBISOFT *cough*

Man I particulary loved this episode because of developer theatre ( I think I will PM Cheapy soem bong soudn effects tho). For some reason I though that was hilarious. I was on teh bus going to work listeningto that part and I burst out laughing and everyone looked at me funny :S lol. You should make the devolper theatre a regular feature.

I too am not looking forward to Shadowrun. I am still playing my SNES verison of shadown run now for over 5 years (off and on) and am still working on completing it. Data East made an Awesome game and quite frankly what do I get from Shadowrun other than a bunch of kids telling me off or yelling obsceneties at me. I get enough of that from customer emails at my work! why would I go home to get bitched at some more? This is why I only play online shooters with friends from work or friends I know personally in General. The culture that is emerging, especially a lot of clans enjoy the trash talking a little too much. It's a game people not a place for you to tell strangers off specifically people older than you.

EDIT OMG the mermaid bit was hilarious but I will agree, u got two hands and the mouth, no pregnancies and possibly no STDs!

I have to say that PS3 owners have a right to be angry about a game not being an exclusive. As of now, the only good PS3 exclusive is Resistance, while the Xbox 360 has many great exclusives. Many people bought the PS3 just because of its supposed exclusives. Now, they realize that the games they bought the PS3 for going to be available on a system that is 200 dollars cheaper. I think it is mostly about "justifying their purchase".

PS: I don't own a PS3, only an Xbox 360 and Wii.

I think PS3 owners were more upset about all the False reports made by websites that had absolutely no sources that were just trying to stir up trouble. And then you add the fact that 360 fanboys use this to start saying things like "PS3 is doomed!" "No reason anymore to own a PS3" and thats where we get angry. Now if one guy has a valid source and wants to state this, fine, but all the false rumors started by websites just to get attention to them by drawing more negative attention to the PS3, is quite annoying since that's all that has been done the past 7 months.

Anywho, I liked this episode a lot better than the live one, more humor and information from the week. My only suggestion is less time should be used to talk about the new releases, you should probably just state the big ones, and move on as it's hard to talk about a game that no one has even played yet.

It's perfectly reasonable for people to be upset that games are no longer ps3 exclusives. A lot of people buy consoles for there exclusive games. so when someone plops down $600 just so they can play DMC,GTA,MGS (or any other system seller thought to be exclusive) and then find out that they can play all of those games on a cheaper machine the many of them probably already have they are going to be pissed that they “wasted” $600(or at least $200 if they didn’t have an 360 yet).

[FONT=&quot]Also I didn’t like the live show just because the callers weren’t interesting, if there is some way to get screen the callers or maybe just get well known and interesting CAG regulars (like strell doroga ect…) to call in and comment on something I would [/FONT][FONT=&quot]enjoy it more.[/FONT]

what ps3 owners are upset about is not about the game going to another console but all the bullshit developers have been feeding them about it being a system exclusive.If developers were to announce a game on both system from the begginning all this would not be happening with ps3 owners being upset.

Cheapy the Warhawk server doesn't need to have Sixaxis controls enabled. You need to go into the options to turn it on and off. Give it a shot and talk about it next week!

Regarding why PS3 fans get sensitive... it's easy how someone who invested up to $600 for a system to it to thrive and it can only do so with AAA exclusive titles like MGS4. Without AAA exclusives there will be no large PS3 userbase, with no userbase there will be less and less 3rd party support and eventually you will be looking at a bleak future.

[quote name='itachiitachi']It's perfectly reasonable for people to be upset that games are no longer ps3 exclusives. A lot of people buy consoles for there exclusive games. so when someone plops down $600 just so they can play DMC,GTA,MGS (or any other system seller thought to be exclusive) and then find out that they can play all of those games on a cheaper machine the many of them probably already have they are going to be pissed that they “wasted” $600(or at least $200 if they didn’t have an 360 yet). [/quote]

That makes sense. But I don't think MOST PS3 owners really bought their systems thinking that. I think if you ask them, I doubt a lot would say "I bought it for MGS" or any other similar "System seller". I think most people are smarter then that.

The only case I can see something happening like that is with the Nintendo brand characters. You know they are only going to be on one system. Other titles, not so much.

There is a lot of value in the PS3 beyond the big games, but that seems to be a matter of how people look at the thing.

Great podcast guys! I would look forward to a live one again, as soon as the kinks can get worked out, but I loved your explanations/ownings towards the nay-sayers of your guys' opinions. And thank you for answering the dilemma of having the mermaid top or bottom. Agreed on the working mouth/hands. Not to mention that half-fish pregnancy.

Playstation 3 Sensitivity:

PS3 owners don't like their exclusive games going on other systems, becuase the act of putting a game on another system, is associated with a negative out comes for the system. PS3 fans want to see their system do well, and loss of exclusives is associated with the loss of support. I think that once Sony gets the ps3 rolling with games, online, set of exclusives, and first party games, I think people will be less defensive. check out Sony Protection Group(.com),

Good show as always. Let me say that I'm a fan of wombat. However his constant negativity about everything is tiring. Sometimes what he says can be funny. But it seems like half-way through the show he gets bored, and starts bitching about any and everything. This is coming from a member of the now defunct Wombat Liberation Army. Wombat come on man its gaming its supposed to be fun. Not everything is going to be great. Like Dennis Leery Said Happiness comes in small doses. You don't have to bitch about everything.

The definition of a game being a system seller is where someone buys the so-called system seller and the system at the same time. If you buy a console for a game before it comes out, then the game is not a system seller.

[quote name='linkpwns']I have to say that PS3 owners have a right to be angry about a game not being an exclusive. As of now, the only good PS3 exclusive is Resistance, while the Xbox 360 has many great exclusives.[/quote]
I think you are forgetting all of the great exclusivity Ps3 owners possess via Blu Ray movies that the 360 can't offer! :roll:

Anyways, of course they have a right to be angry, but why waste the energy on something as silly as MOTS going multiplatform? Why be jealous of a platform when you can have a delicious threesome?

[quote name='KingBroly']The definition of a game being a system seller is where someone buys the so-called system seller and the system at the same time. If you buy a console for a game before it comes out, then the game is not a system seller.[/quote]
Can you use it in a sentence please and give me the place of origin? Actually i'll live a little dangerously and just sound it out. Sss...S-Y-S-T-E-M S-E-L-L-E-R...System Seller.

Yeesh--having a wank to Dirty Dancing?

That's in a desperately low position on the erotic inspiration totem pole--I'd put it below the Sears catalog granny panty section, and slightly above a patch of wall texturing that sort of resembles boobs.

Good show as always.

Let me say that I'm a fan of wombat. However his constant negativity about everything is tiring. Sometimes what he says can be funny. But it seems like half-way through the show he gets bored, and starts bitching about any and everything. This is coming from a member of the now defunct Wombat Liberation Army. Wombat come on man its gaming its supposed to be fun. Not everything is going to be great. Like Dennis Leery Said Happiness comes in small doses. You don't have to bitch about everything.

Cheapy isn't Mr. Happy himself, but at least he does like some things, and feels positive about some stuff. I think in the past 5 podcasts Wombat has only like two games. I know for sure one, I'm just giving him the other as a safety net .

OMFG Cheapy, did we really need to know you used to jerk off to Dirt Dancing? i was eating breakfast when you said that...ugh...

I dunno about the CAGcast anymore... I am sort of getting out of it and disliking it more and more.

I listen to alot of other podcasts and its refreshing listening to people that arent so negative and acctually know or atleast look into the things they talk about. I mean, I see atleast 6-10 misinformed things in each CAGcast everyone I listen to. Maybe I should start the misinformed CAGCAST thread were I can correct everything. Hah.

And it seems like every time CheapyD talks I can predict what he will say, "You know what... it isnt THAT great... I dunno its alright..." and hes talking about like some big hitter on a Playstation console. Im like, WHAT THATS IT!?

The shows getting to predictable and negative. And listening to other radio/podcast shows, it is so nice to hear some positive informative discussions.

P.S. Why not have a browser opened as you guys discuss things? "MGS4 is coming to 360" Look for new info, cause it was proven to be false. "All Warhawk servers dont allow Motion Sensing" go look into it and correct yourself.

Wombat, dude! I think you're mistaken on the PSN hot dog / bun ratio. I picked up Flow for $4.99 plus tax and Crash Bandicoot for whatever it is plus tax. Both times I was given the option to put exactly the amount I needed in my wallet.

Now, when I bought a $2.99 Sudoku pack, I was only given the $5 option as the smallest amount. So maybe there's a minimum of $5 - I don't know.

This wasn't that long ago either. I've only had my PS3 for a few weeks.

$5 is the minimum purchase. After that, it's the exact amount. No tax on online purchases here in Utah, btw. That's more your government's issue than Sony's.

@ Cheapy - You should have named the show "My Masturbation Revelation". Now I know why the destructoid guys wanted to get you on their show to talk about batman bowties. You may not have known what it was but I'm sure you could have ad libbed your way through it.

Overall a great show. It helped make my 24 hour flight to the US much more tolerable.

bread's done
Back