Target rain checks are done

thingsfallnapart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Just went to target today, tried to get a game from a a raincheck sub and they told me their corporate offices dont allow it anymore, so no targets are allowed to sub a raincheck anymore. Three stores all gave me a fit about it, i guess it really is over with.

One of the stores i went to said it was "madden for 66% oveflow of rainchecks and the loses it caused" was the main reason they stopped doing it.

blah.

There are still states that require(by law) Stores to give rainchecks if an advertised item is out of stock. They might change it tho to ONLY that item on sale when they get it back in stock.

If that news is true, that's really too bad...that raincheck deal was one of the best I'd ever had.

At least I managed to snag two $50 games for just $14.88 using the rainchecks before they were disallowed.

I work in the Electronics Dept of a Target. I have heard nothing of your doing away with rain checks theory. If there was such a thing, I would know of it. I still have 9 of the 50% off any DVD rain checks that I need to take advantage of before they do toss the rain checks if this rumor is true. Hell, even if it is true, I can still always get a friend employee to still take it anyways. :twisted:

its not a theory, in 3 of my local targets, they all gave me the same reason. "the coporate office told us that we are not allowed to sub rain checks because of manafactures agreements."

and of them gave me the 66% rain check excuse.

i dont know whats going on.

its not a rumor for me and im pissed.

i tried getting a 25% rain check on kill switch and pgr 2 (serperate) and i got different excuses from everyone, either they are telling the truth, or they are trying their best to turn me away.

Aw man, this sucks. I still had a couple of rainchecks I was gonna use on some upcoming games. At least it was good while it lasted.

Shouldn't they have to accept the coupon seeing as they accepted some peoples and it is illegal to discriminate or something like that? I have a 25% off one that I got a week or two ago that I was going to use on ninja gaiden, it expires 4/9.

I both got a new raincheck tonight for a dvd that was out of stock and used a previous dvd raincheck for 34% off tonight with no problem.

The new raincheck still has the substitute wording at the bottom.

i dont know what the story is, ill goto a fourth target and use my last rain check, maybe its just the targets i was at , who knows...ive never been treated so bad as acustomer in my life and i even wrote target an email knowing how humilated i was in line with other customers while i was getting denied something they should give me.

if its on the receipt they give you, they have to give it to you dont they?

Just out of curiosity, aren't those rainchecks all expired? I got one the last day of the sale and it expired on the 24th of Feb. Just wondering if it is an expiry issue more than an raincheck one?

the raincheck i tried using was from last week's target sale on simpsons hit and run. it was 37.88 and the rain check receipt printed out looking like normal.

Then it sounds like if you can use 'em, use 'em now because they are on their way out. Curious to see how Target answers your email about this since it states right on the receipt.....

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']OneWingedAngel's mom is gonna be pissed![/quote]

It wasn't funny in the first topic, and it's not in this. Get new material.

im sure target wont, just as much as wal mart did prolly about the karoake revoultion with the mic for 39.99 when it was on preorder about 6 monthes ago.

The Fatwallet forums give this offer a YMMV rating right now. Obviously the Madden rainchecks are expiring whether they allow them or not, but some people are reporting that same console for same console game rainchecks still work as long as the category numbers match up (you can find these on the shelf tag, I think PC games are 201 and console games are 206 or 207)..

What state are you trying to use these rain checks in? I know diffrent states have diffrent laws when it comes to ad's and rain checks so you might want to check your states law and see if you can find a loop hole or something that will allow you to use it even if they're not allowing you to.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']OneWingedAngel's mom is gonna be pissed![/quote]

It wasn't funny in the first topic, and it's not in this. Get new material.[/quote]

Yep. Its still funny.

hmm funny, i went back to a target that rejected me and got ninja gaiden for 32.99 (25% off raincheck plus $5 off getintothegame.com coupon)...

it seems to be sometimes a "your cashier may vary deaL" YCMVD :]

Funny how everyone complains about how cashiers and other employees suck... but half the time they make all these cheapass deals possible.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']OneWingedAngel's mom is gonna be pissed![/quote]

It wasn't funny in the first topic, and it's not in this. Get new material.[/quote]

What did you expect? You got flamed so hard in your "I exploited Target" thread that CheapyD had to lock it. And now it seems that Target is altering/doing away with Rainchecks altogether. Who do you think helped Target execs take this course of action? Moron. :roll:

And yes, it IS still funny because everyone is laughing at you! :lol:

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']hmm funny, i went back to a target that rejected me and got ninja gaiden for 32.99 (25% off raincheck plus $5 off getintothegame.com coupon)...

it seems to be sometimes a "your cashier may vary deaL" YCMVD :][/quote]

Exactly. It's still too early to call this deal 100% across-the-board officially "done".

Don't call the rain checks done. I work in the Electronics Dept at Target, and know for a fact, about 97% sure, that we will continue to honor them. I myself, still have 8 of the 50% off any DVD ones, to take advantage of, and a few 26% off any CD ones. :D

Hello Target employee/associate/whatever they call you guys, quick question: MVP Baseball is in Target today. The hang tag on the shelf said "SALE $49.99 in store thursday Price valid until 3/7-3/13".

Now, as we all know, the raincheck says "regularly priced" merchandise. $49.99 IS the regular price, but the tag technically says "sale", one of those big red white and black ones. Am I going to have to wait until Sunday to try the raincheck since then it won't technically be on sale, even though the price won't change? Am I at the whim of the clerk? Thanks in advance.

you are at the whim of the clerk. even i dont try my rain checks on sale items, wait till its not a sale item anymore, or advertised as one, then try it. good luck. and its team members that we are called

[quote name='omster']What raincheck deal? What is it? What do you do?[/quote]

newbie2.jpg

Hee hee! Seriously though, if the item's out of stock, ask customer service for a raincheck. The wording on the raincheck says if the item still isn't in stock the next time you come in, you can substitute it for another product in the same category for the same percentage it off. So a tv for a tv, a doll for a doll, a pc game for a pc game, a console game for a console game. If a game's on sale for say 50% off this week, and the item's out of stock, ask for a raincheck and use it on another game later (provided that the game doesn't come back in stock!)

Thanks josh. I wish you worked at my Target, the people I dealt with weren't really helpful at all (and before anyone asks, no I didn't make any demands or raise my voice).

I call BS. The stores just refuse because they have seen so many FWers come in and clear them out with 50 games under each arm so they can unload on ebay. I recently used rainchecks to buy a digital camera and it worked great just last week. The manager even came out when the cashier tried to BS me and he said, if that's what the raincheck says, I'm going to honor it.

It serves you all right - certainly those of you who abused the system. I won't argue right and wrong because obviously that's been argued into the ground and we all know each other's arguments. I'm just here to gloat. You who abused the system ruined it for everyone else and for yourselves.

And yes, the comment about OneWingedAngel's mom WAS funny. Thanks CAG, this is the second night in a row I go to bed with a big smile on my face (Last night being somebody's comment about the guy who looks like a potato with a stick in his mouth).

bread's done
Back