Conker's...Does it pick up at some point?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
258 (100%)
I never played Conker's on the N64 despite owning it and I sold it off. I then grabbed it for the XBOX since its now backward compatible on the 360. Anyway I'm playing the single player game and I've only played a little bit and I'm wondering if it picks up at all.

I played through I guess the first area and fought a jumping robot thing with the pitchfork guy helping me. Anyway when I shut it off I just went into the doodie area or whatever.

I'm wondering is it more of the same or does it get better? I didn't feel like I was having a lot of fun and I didn't feel the need to play it again. I've heard good things about the game though so if it gets better I'll keep playing.

I remember thinking it was a pretty good game on N64. I haven't played the Xbox version yet, but I think it's the same. I would say give it a couple more hours or so...if you're still feeling the same way, maybe ditch it at that point.

[quote name='jkam']I never played Conker's on the N64 despite owning it and I sold it off. I then grabbed it for the XBOX since its now backward compatible on the 360. Anyway I'm playing the single player game and I've only played a little bit and I'm wondering if it picks up at all.

I played through I guess the first area and fought a jumping robot thing with the pitchfork guy helping me. Anyway when I shut it off I just went into the doodie area or whatever.

I'm wondering is it more of the same or does it get better? I didn't feel like I was having a lot of fun and I didn't feel the need to play it again. I've heard good things about the game though so if it gets better I'll keep playing.[/quote]

I got to the exact same section as you did but I got bored and stopped playing it. I don't know...I want to like this game but it hasn't really grabbed me.

Stick with it. The first level or two are the most confusing (and among the least interesting) parts. The bulk of the good stuff comes up near the second half. It made me laugh out loud a few times. Really creative. Some cool twists/turns and movie-based surprises. Avoid spoilers.

Oh also, the graphics are definitely improved from teh N64...

I don't know how the dialogue has changed from the N64 version (I've read it is drastically censored), but that game is easily the funniest game I've ever played. The Last half of the game basically kicks ASS, the first third is more of a Banjo-esque platformer. The prehistoric area and on (if I remember correctly) is the better portion of the game, with lots of really well-executed action. The last two worlds in particular are amazing.

I've only played the N64 version, though.

I played the Xbox version of this game. I played it a long time ago through to completion but I really don't remember everything about it since it was a few years ago. I do remember having fun with it and enjoyed it. I gotta honestly say that if you aren't having fun now then you probably won't be having fun with it later. I enjoyed it but not everybody did. I enjoyed the humor apects of it.

This thread pisses me off because it reminds me that Rare and Microsoft will probably never get around to any sort of sequel to one of my favorite games. Oh, but count on that next Kameo and Perfect Dark!!

Yeah the part you just got through is the worst part, imo. Stick with it as the later levels (Dracula & SPR especially) are worth your time.
I own/have beaten both versions and greatly prefer the Xbox version for the improved grapichs and better controls.

Blasphemers! All of you, for not even mentioning the sweet multiplayer (though I guess that wasn't the original question...)

Sure it's confusing as hell at first, but once you realize what you're supposed to be doing and figure out the controls it's great. We haven't had Xbox Live for years now, so I don't know what the Live experience is like, but it's a blast playing against the bots with my brother.

bread's done
Back