Alien Syndrome Wii 28.99 Free Shipping Buy.com (may be item mistake)

EB's price says it's $49.99, so I guess this might be a price mistake. :whistle2:s

Oddly, on the Buy.com page, J&R.com has it for $29.99, as does Amazon.com. Though, when you go to Amazon.com, it comes up as $49.99 and on J&R.com, there's nothing listed.

Might have to jump into one, just in case it's not priced correctly.

Videos look fun. Co-op is a big plus. I wish they pushed the hardware little bit more though. I think I'll bite, another fun summer game.

[quote name='burningrom2']looks legit to me, im in for one. although those JR and amazon links take you to some wack psp game.[/QUOTE]

Well this is a port of the PSP game i thought.

I cancelled my order after watching the dev diary vid on IGN...guy looks like a f**ktard, and sounds like he doesn't know anything about video games.

Graphics may be passable, but animations are not. Game is poop. I only first ordered because it is a nice deal...but after then reading up on the game...nuh-uh.

I checked on my order this morning, and it was "Sent To Warehouse". :whistle2:s

I sent them an email about it, because it makes no sense to have it go to the warehouse if it doesn't ship until 07/31. The "official" date listed in the item is still 05/31, which is probably why it was sent off to the warehouse. The 07/31 date is listed in the item description, not the release date field.

Should be interesting to see how this comes about. :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']I checked on my order this morning, and it was "Sent To Warehouse". :whistle2:s

I sent them an email about it, because it makes no sense to have it go to the warehouse if it doesn't ship until 07/31. The "official" date listed in the item is still 05/31, which is probably why it was sent off to the warehouse. The 07/31 date is listed in the item description, not the release date field.

Should be interesting to see how this comes about. :whistle2:s[/quote]

Buy.com does not have a warehouse... maybe that means your order was just sent to the company that is going to 'drop ship' the game when it comes out...

[quote name='InvaderZim']Buy.com does not have a warehouse... maybe that means your order was just sent to the company that is going to 'drop ship' the game when it comes out...[/quote]That much I know, though what doesn't make sense is why they'd change the order into that state, when they have a pre-order state just for this situation. :whistle2:s

It seems like they mistakenly picked up Crush prices from JR and Amazon as Alien Syndrome prices (somehow), and priced their preorders competitively.

Yikes, that could be Crush. I emailed buy.com about status mix up, and they said the date was indeed 7/31 and they would ship once they got it.

The status of your order shows Sent to Warehouse and will be shipped
out as soon as it is available. The expected release date is 07/31/07.
An e-mail will be sent when the item is shipped.

Great, mine shipped too. The only problem is that since it was a pre-order I had it shipped to the place I'm moving to next weekend. Oh well, I'll have to watch the tracking and head over there.

Mine still shows as "Sent To Warehouse", so hopefully, they'll not ship me a game I won't want because they screwed up.

This also brings up the question of it being a pre-order, why're they charging my card for it? :whistle2:s

i got a response. they said the game i ordered shipped. they did not refer to it by its name, only saying "the game you ordered was shipped." they did not address the fact that it is not released for 7 more weeks.

Got an email back with the following:

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding order #xxxxxxxx.

We appreciate you taking the time to write to us, as your satisfaction with our products and customer service is very important to us.

Please note that we have received the stock from the manufacturer. The 7/31/07 release date has been set for the coming stock . Please contact the manufacturer additional information.

Item #204035727 from your order was shipped on 6/6/2007 via the United States Postal Service, which does not always provide tracking information.

If you would like to ensure that your orders ship with tracking information in the future, we recommend selecting Second Day Air or Next Day Air shipping at checkout.

Please allow seven to nine business days from the shipping date, for delivery.

We thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sincerely,

Veronica
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com

Not exactly sure how they would have gotten stock over a month in advance of the release date. Guess we'll just have to wait and see when the package comes in.

This could have worked out very well for you...

I'm curious to see how this plays out. Mine is still "sent to warehouse".

lol. $30 normally please!

EBstop starts the $20 Wii tax to complement the $5 DS tax. ;)

i got the shipped email too, but have a bad feeling about this. looks like im going to get that psp game instead of alien syndrome. strange buy.com doesnt mention the name of the game in the shipped email

Prepare to be "crushed" when you open your package cause thats what you'll be getting. I got mine in the mail today. SON OF A BI/CH!!

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Haha, w00t...glad I jumped ship from this deal...I hope you guys have easy returns[/QUOTE]
It should be. Buy.com screws up orders pretty often and they've always given me a prepaid UPS return label.

[quote name='IbiteHRD']Prepare to be "crushed" when you open your package cause thats what you'll be getting. I got mine in the mail today. SON OF A BI/CH!![/QUOTE]
HAHA! good one.

Still debating on this one. --- and glad I held off.

Nice to see Buy.com screw up YET AGAIN. I bet you'll have to fight tooth and nail to get any kind of apology or even get them to honor the price (see also Saints Row).

So what happens now? Do all of us idiots who ordered it just have to call and ask for a refund? Will they honor their contract and send Alien Syndrome when it does come out?

Yup - Crush as expected.

I emailed them yesterday before I even got it and said i wanted a prepaid label and them to honor order for AS.
At least now i have a receipt and upc scan for Crush = $5 PG.

Mine's still sitting at "On Order" status, so mine might be right. I sent them another email to make sure of this.

For those that received Crush for the PSP, it's SKU # is almost the same as Alien Syndrome for the Wii. Alien Syndrome's SKU # is 204035727 , while the SKU # for Crush (PSP) is 204035725 .

We might have to chalk this up as another mistake, though if Buy.com follows through on it or not is another story.

Ugh...well mine hasn't shipped yet. Maybe they'll fix their SKUs after enough returns.

Or maybe I'll get a game for a system I don't own.

Mine is also shipped. Damn them. I'll wait and see what I get. I assume it will also be Crush, since that's what everyone is getting. I don't have a PSP, so I guess I'll be returning it...

Let me be the first to openly say that I am probably keeping Crush if it comes. My brother was going to buy the game anyway, so he's just going to pay me the $29.00 I paid for it. The game is supposed to be really good.

The only problems with this course of action are:

1) I don't get Alien Syndrome for $28.99, or maybe....

2) ...there is a chance that Buy.com will continue their reign of stupidity and send me Alien Syndrome on July 30, and charge me again. I'll just have to make sure I have the required money sitting in my checking account, but (and I'm stretching now)....

3) ... they might not only fix their mistake and send me the game I actually ordered but also up the price to $49.99.

I don't know anymore. Nothing makes sense. :drool:

~tauran

I just got a shipped notice as well. Sigh. I was hoping since it had been so long that maybe they had fixed the mistake but I guess not.

I'm torn as I kinda want Crush but don't like paying full price for ANYTHING.

:(

Here's where it gets really confusing:
[quote name='From buy.com CS']Hello XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding order #XXXXXXXX.

Please note that we ship the same item ordered by you while placing the order.

We will ship you the order as soon as it is available. You will receive an email from us once it does ship. Please note that your credit card will not be billed until that time.

We thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sincerely,

Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com
[/quote]

From that email, I should expect to be charged when the item ships, and it should be Alien Syndrome for the Wii, not Crush for the PSP.

I think the other issues people have had have been idiots in the "warehouse" mis-shipping items.

How are you guys handling the return? I'm thinking of just bringing it back to the post office as a refused package.

bread's done
Back