Podtoid w/Cheapy & Wombat... HORRIBLE!

wickerjoe

CAGiversary!
Cheapy & Wombat were fine but the rest was AWFUL. I've never listened the the Destructoid podcast before, and while I found the Joystiq podcast w/Cheapy merely boring, the Destructiod was annoying. The other people can barely seem to string sentences together. Also, I have no problem with cussing/vulgarity but they seem to think you don't have to be funny if you just cuss, because, man, NONE of those guys were funny in the least. The one guy seems to think the phrase "internet Matlocks" is REALLY CLEVER, so he repeated it 400 times.

It really reminded me what a good job Cheapy and Wombat do.

Yup, just about everyone on CAG agrees with you. This is actually the second time Cheapy has been on their podcast, and we all had the same complaints.

CAGcast > Podtoid.

Honestly, I like the Podtoid. I find some of it hilarious but this one in question did suck like whoa.

Oh and chicks with British accents are fucking hot.

the podtoid is actually pretty good when you listen to it regularly. I enjoy and it was the first podcast I had ever listened to, then I found CAG and have been listening every week for about 2 months now.

No, the podtoid is a piece of shit. There's so many akward moments throughout the show, the hosts are very annoying and it pains my ears to listen to it.

Cheapy and Wombat are the only reasons this show was even remotely close to listenable.

Listening to the Podtoid reminds me how good the CAGcast really is.

I just gave this episode a try as another commute filler.. and WOW the podtoid needs some work...

I've been listening to the CAGcast since the early episodes and, as stupid as it sounds, I was actually proud of Cheapy and Wombat while listening to the Podtoid. Particulrly the "Cheapy and Wombat are the only people here with an ounce of professionalism" Cheapy and Wombat's commentary and analysis is just on a whole level above the podtoid crew, and like some of the above posters I wanted to /clap for such a well made CAGcast =o)

That being said.. you guys gotta get that British woman on your show. She had good insight and Wombat can have an opportunity to use Monty Python voices.

The few minutes I heard of the Podtoid was a chore, and surprisingly, I listened to the most recent episode of 1UP Yours today and that was a chore too. They talk/yell over each other so much, their humor makes me feel like I'm trapped in a frathouse, and the sound is totally compressed and flattened -- as if they're trying to make it more legit by giving it that steamrolled FM radio sound. Very tiring. And most importantly they sound like guys I would not like at all if I were to meet them.

The CAGgast is truly the king of all video game podcasts. It's two gaming dorks talking about games and life, with almost no in-your-face morning show BS (content-wise or sound-wise), and that's what a gaming podcast should be.

Talk about stooping to a new low. I just listened to this Podtoid podcast and it is the worst podcast I've ever listened to. The hosts are pathetic, immature, cracking some lame jew jokes every other second, the show is disorganized, foul-mouthed, and simply awful. What a piece of shit.

Podtoid gives nerds a bad name. I am not a fan of the giggling man-child that is on the show... I think he's got the southern accent? Gah, I listened to the whole thing although several times I almost shut it off due to the embarrassingly annoying banter.

On the brighter side, it made me really appreciate the effort that CAG and other sites put into their podcasts.

:cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

This was the first and defiantly the last Podtoid podcast I will ever listen to. It was a total mess and completely shameful. I was cringing listening to it. Cheapy and Wombat were the only people on it with any professionalism (yes, even Wombat!!!).

Please guys, do not degrade yourselves any more and steer clean of future appearances on the awful Podtoid rubbish. Listening to the Podtoid really does show how good the Cagcast actually is.

One more thing, I’m British and I was ashamed to be associated in any way with the stupid woman who unbelievable said “I liked the holocaust” Knowing full well that Cheapy’s Jewish. It was hard to believe that it could of got any worse from there.....but it did. Awful podcast. AWFUL!

I'm assuming you guys have never actually read Destructoid, because if you had you would know that they're a bunch of assinine children.

I enjoy Podtoid. Yeah, it's rude and raw, but I dig that. You never know what crazy digression they are gonna get into and that makes it fun. I listen to several video game news podcasts and say what you will, the podtoid has personality.

[quote name='wickerjoe']The one guy seems to think the phrase "internet Matlocks" is REALLY CLEVER, so he repeated it 400 times. [/quote]

Ugh, "Internet Matlocks".... (shudders)

I finally listened to the rest of this after seeing this thread. I think the first time I listened to it I had to stop at the Internet Matlock rant. I almost turned it off again when they read that internet classified ad during the break. Can you say "Trying way too hard to be funny"? I stuck it out and made it through the entire episode and realized that the only reason I made it through was Cheapy and Wombat's appearance.

Maybe somewhere down the road I will try the Podtoid again, but probably not anytime soon.

Never listened to podcast, as I think I would just be annoyed. I find D'toid to be terribly biased, and some of the stuff that they consider news is ridiculous. I would say the average D'toid reader is a 16 yr old 360 fanboy.

I find the joystiq podcast to be ok listening, but rather uninformative. I like it more when it is Ludwig, and Grant. But that other dude who thinks he is gods gift to humour is annoying.

I have recently started watching the 1up show vpodcast. If you ignore the lame parts where they try to be funny, it is actually pretty informative, and covers all platforms fairly well, and objectively.

I have tried a lot of other podcasts, which are really 'bush-league', which really makes the CAGcast seem polished. My favourite, was a PS3 podcast by a Brit, who started the podcast about 6mos before it launched in Europe. Did about 1 show every two months 'til it launched. Including one show where he made a list accessories to buy on launch day. Did one show after it launched, but he still hadn't bought one yet, so he was judging games based on his experience at the mall kiosk. That is what I call bush-league. There hasn't been a new episode since.

~S

I actually really like podtoid. It's immature, has a ton of profanity, and of course it isn't professional. But it is funny and entertaining. Especially if Ron is there, because he is a crazy motherfucker.

Podtoid, and Epilectic Gaming are two of the most annoying podcasts to grace the internet.

Joystiq sucks, but at least it's listenable. Not just a bunch of swear words jumbled together with bits of gaming lingo in between.

The 1up, IGN podcasts are great. I stopped listening to IGN's for awhile because it was just absolute trash when they were first getting started, but now they've really nailed it. I love the 1up show, EGM Live, and GFW Radio. Gamespot's The HotSpot is also fantastic, though I already sorely miss Rich Gallup as the host.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Podtoid, and Epilectic Gaming are two of the most annoying podcasts to grace the internet.

Joystiq sucks, but at least it's listenable. Not just a bunch of swear words jumbled together with bits of gaming lingo in between.

The 1up, IGN podcasts are great. I stopped listening to IGN's for awhile because it was just absolute trash when they were first getting started, but now they've really nailed it. I love the 1up show, EGM Live, and GFW Radio. Gamespot's The HotSpot is also fantastic, though I already sorely miss Rich Gallup as the host.[/quote]

I have mixed feelings about the IGN podcast(s), which is the only other video game podcast I listen to besides the CAGcast and CAG Foreplay. They can get pretty immature (but not to the point that it becomes unlistenable). Also, they used to do a better job of equally representing all platforms on their main podcast. Now they let Matt Cassamassina and Bozon do a separate Nintendo podcast (which does not seem to come out on a regular schedule) and Nintendo may or may not get mentioned on he main IGN podcast (especially since the guys that were most Nintendo-friendly left). Lately they've started separate podcasts for Sony and Microsoft, which begs the question why are they still doing the main one at all.

Never listened to the 1up podcast, but I know a lot of folks around here speak highly of it. Would be hard to fit it into my already overfull podcast schedule.

[quote name='Kunikos']I'm assuming you guys have never actually read Destructoid, because if you had you would know that they're a bunch of assinine children.[/QUOTE]

This man has a great point.

[quote name='wickerjoe']Cheapy & Wombat were fine but the rest was AWFUL. I've never listened the the Destructoid podcast before, and while I found the Joystiq podcast w/Cheapy merely boring, the Destructiod was annoying. The other people can barely seem to string sentences together. Also, I have no problem with cussing/vulgarity but they seem to think you don't have to be funny if you just cuss, because, man, NONE of those guys were funny in the least. The one guy seems to think the phrase "internet Matlocks" is REALLY CLEVER, so he repeated it 400 times.

It really reminded me what a good job Cheapy and Wombat do.[/QUOTE]

I agree dude. They have no taste in their humour. Cursing and vulgarity only gets you so far. I mean at least south park is coherant and funny. I'm thankful for the CAGcast and the joystiqs as well. Podtoid needs less hosts and less people with a middle school education(at best).

[quote name='destro713']
The CAGgast is truly the king of all video game podcasts. It's two gaming dorks talking about games and life, with almost no in-your-face morning show BS (content-wise or sound-wise), and that's what a gaming podcast should be.[/QUOTE]

idk dude, as an amateur podcast goes CAGcast is good. I think IGN's podcasts and the cagcast go toe to toe. CAGcast feels more like a radio show, sometimes almost a little too much howard stern inspired somehow..... IGN has more like an NPR feel to it with personality... I mean IGN's xbox 360 podcast is called "Three Red Lights".... and everytime someone writes saying that their xbox 360 broke they have a moment of silence for it. hahahaha.

Anyway cheers, whatever it's only stupid podcasts

[quote name='bo0']idk dude, as an amateur podcast goes CAGcast is good. I think IGN's podcasts and the cagcast go toe to toe. CAGcast feels more like a radio show, sometimes almost a little too much howard stern inspired somehow..... IGN has more like an NPR feel to it with personality... I mean IGN's xbox 360 podcast is called "Three Red Lights".... and everytime someone writes saying that their xbox 360 broke they have a moment of silence for it. hahahaha.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but the only thing IGN and NPR have in common are three letters. :roll:

[quote name='Tybee']I'm sorry, but the only thing IGN and NPR have in common are three letters. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but both of them have something else in common. They're both amusing.... and sometimes that's what it takes to have a good show.....

NPR has video game features. Look into to it.

Oh, and play Pokemon Diamond, it's fun.

[quote name='Tybee']I have mixed feelings about the IGN podcast(s), which is the only other video game podcast I listen to besides the CAGcast and CAG Foreplay. They can get pretty immature (but not to the point that it becomes unlistenable). Also, they used to do a better job of equally representing all platforms on their main podcast. Now they let Matt Cassamassina and Bozon do a separate Nintendo podcast (which does not seem to come out on a regular schedule) and Nintendo may or may not get mentioned on he main IGN podcast (especially since the guys that were most Nintendo-friendly left). Lately they've started separate podcasts for Sony and Microsoft, which begs the question why are they still doing the main one at all.

Never listened to the 1up podcast, but I know a lot of folks around here speak highly of it. Would be hard to fit it into my already overfull podcast schedule.[/QUOTE]

All the podcasts out there have their own humor style.
Pick one that fits yours. We're all not going to have the same taste.

[quote name='bo0']Sorry, but both of them have something else in common. They're both amusing.... and sometimes that's what it takes to have a good show.....

NPR has video game features. Look into to it.

Oh, and play Pokemon Diamond, it's fun.[/quote]

Oh, you were comparing NPR's video game coverage to IGN? That's different. I thought you were saying NPR in general is similar to IGN's podcasts. I listen to both frequently (on radio and via about 15 different NPR podcasts I subscribe to), and with NPR I feel enriched, while IGN, for the most part, just leaves me mildly distracted. ;)

bread's done
Back