Topic names for used game deals in the "Post...Video Game Deals" forum

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
re: Topic Names

Can we grill it into member's heads to post (PO) or (USED) or whatever to indicate pre-played games in topic names for used games? I could care less about used "deals" in the "Post your own Cheap Ass Video Game Deals" forum, yet I do understand other member's desire for such deals and respect them for that. It's just a minor inconvenience to check a post with no indication the deal is going to be about used games when not looking for such a deal.

Well, we don't want to give you a minor inconvenience. :wink:

Some people do indicate that it's used, and others don't. It's just how life goes.

Unless a game is hard to find I ususally only want new games, and I usually skip over the used game deals. Having PO in all the PO game topic titles would really help.

A separate used deals forum doesn't sound to bad. It would probably make it easier to find stuff. also, deals wouldn't get lost in the mix.

[quote name='swetooth9']daphatty's tryin to makin his mark before his new job restricts him from postin here too often ;)[/quote]

:lol:

I also agree that a seperate thread would be a good idea. That way the good used and new deals wouldn't be lost in the same thread and picky people could go to the new thread for deals and people just looking for a complete copy of a game could go to either or hope they are lucky enough and just go used.

[quote name='daphatty']I hate to suggest this but what if we had a separate used deals forum?[/quote]

Would that make a difference? Think about how many times people post in the wrong forum...this would happen here too.

Easier to find isn't really an issue, is it? We've got a search function that works relatively well...

Look at how dead the DVD Deals forum is. It's easier to find the deals, admittedly, but it's easily the site's most pitiful section.

Besides...what would we do with GameStop and EB sales that include both new and used games?

I don't think another forum is necessary, personally. I think it'd be easier to try to enforce the "New"/"Used" title rule. Why make things more complex when they work well now? :)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='daphatty']I hate to suggest this but what if we had a separate used deals forum?[/quote]

Would that make a difference? Think about how many times people post in the wrong forum...this would happen here too.

Easier to find isn't really an issue, is it? We've got a search function that works relatively well...

Look at how dead the DVD Deals forum is. It's easier to find the deals, admittedly, but it's easily the site's most pitiful section.

Besides...what would we do with GameStop and EB sales that include both new and used games?

I don't think another forum is necessary, personally. I think it'd be easier to try to enforce the "New"/"Used" title rule. Why make things more complex when they work well now? :)[/quote]

I think the dvd deals forum is pretty good. It only started recently and there haven't been too many deals of late, I guess the BB thing would count for it. It really is only pitiful at the moment since only recently it started.

I suggested this months ago.

Used deals should totally be inside a new forums..they are 100% different than new deals...

they are always limited stock and ymmv is just about the norm..it also clutters the new game deals and wastes time having to even deal with PO games...I would almost never look at the used games forums but I know many would ONLY look there.

It would be a good idea to seperate these.

[quote name='daphatty']I hate to suggest this but what if we had a separate used deals forum?[/quote]

I second this notion. I never buy used games.

[quote name='defender']Hate is only a form of ignorance.[/quote]

Then we better not split the board, as it would force me into ignorance.

bread's done
Back