DS Lite Rumble Pak worth $11?

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
So the DS Lite Rumble Pak is available up and down eBay for $12-$13 dollars. Would you say it's worth it to purchase the Lite version?

Edit: I've purchased it, after all. It just seems a nice little add-on, and I've heard the generic ones are a little better than the Nintendo one. Thanks all for your thoughts!

Everything I've heard has been that it's not worth much whether it's the regular version or lite version. The Wal-Mart here has the regular one on clearance for $4 and I still haven't gotten one, told my friend who works in electronics that I'd buy it if it were a dollar, maybe two. But everything I've heard is that it isn't worth anything more than that.

I play enough games w/ rumble that I like having it. If you like your rumbles but hate having it stick out constantly, go for it.

Since it fits right in, it feels like it actually goes there, instead of the normal rumble pack which feels out of place. I keep my DS in a case, so maintaining the normal shape is kind of important.

Definitely not worth $11. Only a handful of games that support it. Plus rumble and ds doesn't really seem to go well, especially with touch screen controls, I think.

Ive got one, clubhouse games uses it, EBA uses it too I think. Either way, its cool when if/when you do use it. For 11 bucks its worth checking out. If you are slightly interested id check out the clearanced one, then decide if you want it. I payed like 10 for mine at Wal Mart. Id buy it again if I didnt have one already.

I have a DS Phat, along with the rumble pack that came bundled in MPP. I've used it in MPP, Ouendan 2, Hotel Dusk, and Clubhouse Games. It certainly is an interesting feeling, and it can be useful as an alert in HD and CG. But the Rumble Pack (and I'm assuming that this applies to the Lite version too) is very loud, and can be annoying in public place, and for yourself if you're not using headphones.

Nintendo has only released the DS phat Rumble Pack in the US, which sticks out of the Lite's slot. Importing Nintendo's official Japanese DS Lite rumble pack is an option, but it tends to be fairly expensive from sites like play-asia. I was doing some DS-related research when I stumbled on another option, the third-party eWin DS Lite Rumble Pak. It's gotten some good reviews, and it seems to use a regular cell phone vibrator motor instead of the motor used in the official pack. I haven't tried it, and I'm not going to be able to try it since I only have a DS Phat.
Check out some of the reviews:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46636
http://www.ds-scene.net/forum/pforum.php?act=4&publicforum=17&topic=807

The second link also includes a list of all of the rumble-compatible DS games, which should apply to any rumble pack.

[quote name='UncleBob']I'm going to say no.

However, I imported an official DS Lite Rumble Pak for a whopping $25. And I'd do it again. ;)[/quote]

Yes or no? Which is it? You said no, then said you did and you'd do it again. That's a yes and pay more.

I'd say it's worth getting, especially if it is the Lite one, considering that would have to be an import. I bought MP Pinball on clearance for $17.50 to get the rumble pak for my DS Phat, and don't regret it. The rumble support is also in StarFox Command(one of my favorite DS games), so I really wanted to get it.

I have the DS Phat Rumble Pack, and if they actually released the DS Lite one here I would most likely get that as well (I'm just not willing to import it). I find it to be a good little device, and I have over half the games that support it anyway, so it's a nice little add-on to have.

And honestly, I never got what people were saying about it being too loud. I know it's not quiet as a mouse or anything, but jeez, everyone seems to make it out like it's the loudest thing ever. My PS2 controllers rumble way louder than this thing does.

I've been on the fence about this one. I only have a few games that support it (MP:H, EBA, Hotel Dusk) so I may wait till it gets a little cheaper before I decide to pick it up. for $11, I wouldn't. but for $4 I would.

[quote name='Ziv']Yes or no? Which is it? You said no, then said you did and you'd do it again. That's a yes and pay more.[/QUOTE]

It's not really worth it, but I'm crazy like that and I'm glad I bought it. ;)

As for paying more, the one I imported was the official Nintendo branded one (for what it's worth to ya). Most the ones I see on eBay are the off brand ones...

I decided to buy it after all. Not much on the cost, and it amuses me. I play/have enough of the games that use it to warrant getting the Lite version. And now it'll match my white DS.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I've got an offical one and love it. I just keep it tucked in the GBA slot and then any game that uses rumble just has it. The slot might as well do something useful rather than just having the spacer cart in it.

[quote name='Spades22']Couldnt you have just bought MEtroid Pinball for a similar price and gotten the rumble pak free?[/QUOTE]

Metroid Pinball brings the rumble pak for the old DS, not DS lite.

bread's done
Back