- - - - -

Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

#1 MillerTime2523   FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND CAGiversary!   8401 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

MillerTime2523

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

With the EB B2G1 sale on Xbox games a few weeks ago, i've been stock piling xbox games, and getting back into some games i've just never played.

Right now, I'm working on Morrowind, Half-Life 2, Rainbow Six Lockdown, and i'll soon be getting back into Forza Motorsports as well. Fight Night 2004 is a great game to just pick up and play, especially with a few friends. I'm also playing some 2k5 sports games (NFL and NHL). Can't wait for ASF 2k8.

What are you all playing? Anything? Or have you guys retired your xbox?

I think right now is really a good time to own an xbox with markdowns on a good majority of awesome games. (or 360, but there are some gems that are yet to go backward compatable).

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
Now Playing

Battlefield Hardline // Sunset Overdrive // Trials Fusion

#2 radjago   Long-time CAG CAGiversary!   4070 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

I have an Xbox backlog that stacks up higher than I can reach. I tend to get 2 or 3 levels into a game and move onto the next one.

#3 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3016 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

I haven't played my xbox in a long time. I've been working through some of my rpgs on other systems. I really need to work on my xbox backlog. I am going to be working on a xbox soon and softmodding it with xbmc.

#4 peteloaf   ULTRA COMBO! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:59 AM

Just dusted mine off to play Justice Leage, I've been on a Super Hero kick.

#5 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:17 AM

I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to our big TV downstairs, and my original Xbox hooked up to a TV in my room, so I still play my original Xbox quite a bit.
So far this year I've played Star Wars KotOR for a second time, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and I'm playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer Chaos Bleeds now.
I've only played one Xbox 1 game on my 360 this year, Indigo Prophecy, which was surprisingly good except for the last hour or so.
Posted Image

#6 Mechafenris   Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Mechafenris

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:34 AM

So far, I've been playing SNK v Capcom because I have some of those neat anniversary SF controllers that fit so well with 2D fighting...

Oh, and I fire up D&D Heroes from time to time... I have been meaning to play the game again with a spellcaster... see how different it might be. I tend to gravitate towards the hack 'n Slash... so a spellcaster is a nice refreshing change... (I even avoided sorcerers in diablo...heh)

And like other folks, I've got a backlog that is frightening. :)

"Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby."

#7 supershammy   Hand-rolled and ice cold. CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

supershammy

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:01 AM

I've no 360, so I'm working on my XBOX collection with focus. Recently modded it, so I haven't been playing XBOX games as much, but I am in the middle of Rallisport Challenge 2, Shenmue 2, Phantom Dust, JSRF, Hitman: Blood Money, and I just recently bought and beat Max Payne 2. A bunch of titles I keep going back to are Hulk: UD, Spider-Man 2, GTA:SA, MK: Shaolin Monks, DOA3, and I am officially sick of Halo 2.

#8 Mechafenris   Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Mechafenris

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:22 AM

I've no 360, so I'm working on my XBOX collection with focus. Recently modded it, so I haven't been playing XBOX games as much, but I am in the middle of Rallisport Challenge 2, Shenmue 2, Phantom Dust, JSRF, Hitman: Blood Money, and I just recently bought and beat Max Payne 2. A bunch of titles I keep going back to are Hulk: UD, Spider-Man 2, GTA:SA, MK: Shaolin Monks, DOA3, and I am officially sick of Halo 2.

So how is MK:Shaolin monks? I saw it a few times at the store, but I never committed to buying it. ;)

I love Hulk: UD too... that's how games with the hulk SHOULD be done. :)

"Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby."

#9 Ruahrc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1134 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

I haven't played my xbox in a long time. I've been working through some of my rpgs on other systems. I really need to work on my xbox backlog. I am going to be working on a xbox soon and softmodding it with xbmc.

Same here. Back in the fall/winter, I worked all the way through my huge backlog of xbox games that I started and never finished or never started at all (for example the original Splinter Cell, which I bought soon after its release yet never played it until a few YEARS later!!!)

I then went out and picked up the Splinter Cell 2 and 3 because I liked the original so much, and also got Morrowind and Brothers in Arms. I started BiA but realized that I enjoy shooting games less and less now. Soon after starting BiA I opened back up my Gamecube and have not touched my xbox since. I might never play the rest of BiA or Morrowind but I am still looking forward to playing the two splinter cell titles.

I am not sure if I will get a 360 and retire the xbox, or if I will keep on the original xbox. I have a backlog of games to tackle on several systems (Gamecube, GBMicro, xbox, PC) and don't really see the need to buy more hardware when all the games I want right now I can play on my existing hardware. The situation might change when Halo 3 comes out but again buying an entire console for 1 game is a bit of a stretch. We will see.

Ruahrc

#10 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10359 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:00 AM

Sid Meier's Pirates...It's just a fun game!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#11 Xevious   Most Damned CAG Evar CAGiversary!   8902 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:20 PM

Right now I'm playing Area 51 on the old Xbox. I only recommend that game as a rental because its decent but nothing special.

I recently finished the Warriors and that I recommend that game wholeheartly.

There is a backlog of games I still have to go through.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#12 schuerm26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4566 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

I actually just bought one. With games being so cheap I really see no reason to move on to the next generation yet (aside from the Wii).

I am currently playing Chronicles of Riddick and man is it a good game.

I picked up about 15 games during the B2G1 for a total of about $100. Now I am just going to take my time playing through them.

After I am done with Riddick I think I will move on to either Armed and Dangerous or Shenmue II

The Ones I picked up were

Knights of The Old Republic I and II
Shenmue II
Scrapland
Riddick
Armed and Dangerous
Ninja Gaiden
Mechassault 2
Morrowind
Syberia
Dreamfall
Spikeout
Still Life
Shattered Union

I know I still want to pick up The Thing, Indigo Prophecy and Broken Sword The Sleeping Dragon. There are probably more but those 3 I can think of off the top of my head.

Also the more I play the original xbox, the more I think that the jump to the next generation came to quickly. Riddick still looks really really nice.

#13 rywateska   Sorry for partying. CAGiversary!   2756 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:39 PM

I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to our big TV downstairs, and my original Xbox hooked up to a TV in my room, so I still play my original Xbox quite a bit...

Likewise on that.

One game that may have slipped under the radar, but should be a *must have* is "Spartan: Total Warrior" ...On the normal/easy setting it's a decent 10 hourish length, added on to the fact of really fun and interesting gameplay, with an awesome fight 'til you die arena multiplayer aspect! It is becoming harder and harder to find now, and I suggest you pick it up before they begin to dissapear from the shelves. All in all, great game.

Sid Meier's Pirates...It's just a fun game!

...Could not be more honest. Made even better with the fact that it will run on a 360!

Posted Image

#14 coolcolt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

coolcolt

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

I love playing Burnout 3:Takedown and Fight Night 2004. I still want a 360 but I love my xbox.
Posted Image

#15 bmachine   somewhat damaged CAGiversary!   5579 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

I finally got around to starting GTA: San Andreas about 2 weeks ago and I've been hammering away at it when I've got free time. I know I'm about 3 years late with this observation, but it's freakin' awesome.

I also have Painkiller and Fatal Frame II to play through...and then maybe I'll upgrade to a 360.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#16 supershammy   Hand-rolled and ice cold. CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

supershammy

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

So how is MK:Shaolin monks? I saw it a few times at the store, but I never committed to buying it. ;)

I love Hulk: UD too... that's how games with the hulk SHOULD be done. :)

Shaolin Monks is totally awesome if you have a friend to play through it with. It's a wonderfully-deep yet arcadey brawler - my favorite kind. It also has a versus mode, which is pretty damn fun on levels with multiple tiers. And once you beat it, you can play through the game with Scorpion and Sub-Zero! KICK ASS!

And yeah dude, Hulk is one of the best action games I've ever played. The movelist and charging system for the attacks, holy crap!

And bmachine, you couldn't be more right. I've got something like 100 hours collectively on my save...

#17 alongx   Soy loco por el Cornball CAGiversary!   4887 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

I use mine primarily for XBMC functionality these days, but I still need to play/beat Crimson Skies, Shenmue 2, and Burnout 3 and Revenge
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#18 cruzfactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

cruzfactor

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:48 AM

how much is a used xbox system from eb games?
"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#19 DiscoDuck8k  

DiscoDuck8k

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:52 AM

Only recent use mine has got is from Deus Ex: Invisible War.

I still like to play that through every now and again, but there's not much else.

#20 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2730 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:06 AM

I recently started buying Xbox games again after they had a good sale on campus where I picked up Psychonauts, Hulk: UD, Mercenaries (sealed!), and Otogi. Since then I've bought Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, Syberia, and Metal Arms: GITS. Right now my goal is to stock up on a few more to complete my collection and then I'll sell my console. My 360 takes up most of my time though.

#21 schuerm26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4566 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

how much is a used xbox system from eb games?

$79.99

#22 mang9432   Bad Baby 4 Life CAGiversary!   1293 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:30 AM

i had a tough time handling even the S-Controller after using the 360 controller for a while, it just feels huge.

#23 WhipSmartBanky   Bring on the free hooch! CAGiversary!   15294 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

WhipSmartBanky

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:31 AM

I finished Sudeki a few weeks ago.

Loved it.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#24 supershammy   Hand-rolled and ice cold. CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

supershammy

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:43 AM

Since someone else said it, XBMC is the absolute best part of the original XBOX.

#25 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:51 AM

Mainly, I've been an observer recently when I go up my one buddies house to play a game. Sure, I'll usually bring a multi player title to play through, but he always wants to know what other games I brought with me.

Recent games I've goofed around in though include:

The Guy Game(nothing says great game more than repeating the same questions through replays in the exact same order, makes it so easy to get the 'goodies')

San Andreas(though I've just mainly been popping it in to cause havoc and mayhem)

A couple others that slip my mind at this point....

But , I will tell all my fellow CAGs that if you haven't picked it up yet and can find it @ Kmart, GET PSYCHONAUTS FOR XBOX!!! It's a fun, trippy and really GREAT game.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#26 swift fix   first person gamer CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:55 AM

I picked up the three Prince of Persia games during the B2G1 at EB/GS in May. Since then, I've only got around to playing / beating Sands of Time. I enjoyed it, but I'm really looking forward to sitting down with the more action-oriented sequels.

I also have Indigo Prophecy and Phantom Dust still sitting around waiting to be played... :bomb:

#27 camelking6969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

camelking6969

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:08 AM

i have been playing scarface, i freakin love it you cock-a-roches
[url=ign.com]

#28 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9606 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:37 AM

I have been playing Qunatum Redshift, MLB Slugfest 2003 and Midway Arcade Treasures 3 a lot. I'll be starting MGS 2 Substance and Tony Hawk's Underground soon as I always play through those 2 games every summer

#29 LiveCrazy_Joe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

LiveCrazy_Joe

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:16 AM

Since my 360 is being repaired I decided to play the original xbox. Right now I am playing Doom3. Now I know why I stopped playing this game. Its scaring the shit outta me.

Man the last save was 5-13-2005. Ah memories........

#30 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2693 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:45 AM

Hulk: UD is easily the best super hero game ever made.

But these days I've also been playing other super hero games. Justice League Heroes is kind of blah. I recently finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance which was good. I finished X-Men Legends 1 which was okay. XML2 looks much better.

Sid Meier's Pirates! is a classic, classic game.

I recently started Gladius, which is a strategy RPG/tactics kind of game. It's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to delving into it.

I've been hoping to pick up Crimson Skies brand new for $5 but I can wait. I got the demo in my XBLive kit a while ago and thought it was pretty fun.