Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
With the EB B2G1 sale on Xbox games a few weeks ago, i've been stock piling xbox games, and getting back into some games i've just never played.

Right now, I'm working on Morrowind, Half-Life 2, Rainbow Six Lockdown, and i'll soon be getting back into Forza Motorsports as well. Fight Night 2004 is a great game to just pick up and play, especially with a few friends. I'm also playing some 2k5 sports games (NFL and NHL). Can't wait for ASF 2k8.

What are you all playing? Anything? Or have you guys retired your xbox?

I think right now is really a good time to own an xbox with markdowns on a good majority of awesome games. (or 360, but there are some gems that are yet to go backward compatable).

I have an Xbox backlog that stacks up higher than I can reach. I tend to get 2 or 3 levels into a game and move onto the next one.

I haven't played my xbox in a long time. I've been working through some of my rpgs on other systems. I really need to work on my xbox backlog. I am going to be working on a xbox soon and softmodding it with xbmc.

I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to our big TV downstairs, and my original Xbox hooked up to a TV in my room, so I still play my original Xbox quite a bit.
So far this year I've played Star Wars KotOR for a second time, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and I'm playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer Chaos Bleeds now.
I've only played one Xbox 1 game on my 360 this year, Indigo Prophecy, which was surprisingly good except for the last hour or so.

So far, I've been playing SNK v Capcom because I have some of those neat anniversary SF controllers that fit so well with 2D fighting...

Oh, and I fire up D&D Heroes from time to time... I have been meaning to play the game again with a spellcaster... see how different it might be. I tend to gravitate towards the hack 'n Slash... so a spellcaster is a nice refreshing change... (I even avoided sorcerers in diablo...heh)

And like other folks, I've got a backlog that is frightening. :)

I've no 360, so I'm working on my XBOX collection with focus. Recently modded it, so I haven't been playing XBOX games as much, but I am in the middle of Rallisport Challenge 2, Shenmue 2, Phantom Dust, JSRF, Hitman: Blood Money, and I just recently bought and beat Max Payne 2. A bunch of titles I keep going back to are Hulk: UD, Spider-Man 2, GTA:SA, MK: Shaolin Monks, DOA3, and I am officially sick of Halo 2.

[quote name='supershammy']I've no 360, so I'm working on my XBOX collection with focus. Recently modded it, so I haven't been playing XBOX games as much, but I am in the middle of Rallisport Challenge 2, Shenmue 2, Phantom Dust, JSRF, Hitman: Blood Money, and I just recently bought and beat Max Payne 2. A bunch of titles I keep going back to are Hulk: UD, Spider-Man 2, GTA:SA, MK: Shaolin Monks, DOA3, and I am officially sick of Halo 2.[/quote]

So how is MK:Shaolin monks? I saw it a few times at the store, but I never committed to buying it. ;)

I love Hulk: UD too... that's how games with the hulk SHOULD be done. :)

[quote name='erehwon']I haven't played my xbox in a long time. I've been working through some of my rpgs on other systems. I really need to work on my xbox backlog. I am going to be working on a xbox soon and softmodding it with xbmc.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Back in the fall/winter, I worked all the way through my huge backlog of xbox games that I started and never finished or never started at all (for example the original Splinter Cell, which I bought soon after its release yet never played it until a few YEARS later!!!)

I then went out and picked up the Splinter Cell 2 and 3 because I liked the original so much, and also got Morrowind and Brothers in Arms. I started BiA but realized that I enjoy shooting games less and less now. Soon after starting BiA I opened back up my Gamecube and have not touched my xbox since. I might never play the rest of BiA or Morrowind but I am still looking forward to playing the two splinter cell titles.

I am not sure if I will get a 360 and retire the xbox, or if I will keep on the original xbox. I have a backlog of games to tackle on several systems (Gamecube, GBMicro, xbox, PC) and don't really see the need to buy more hardware when all the games I want right now I can play on my existing hardware. The situation might change when Halo 3 comes out but again buying an entire console for 1 game is a bit of a stretch. We will see.

Ruahrc

Right now I'm playing Area 51 on the old Xbox. I only recommend that game as a rental because its decent but nothing special.

I recently finished the Warriors and that I recommend that game wholeheartly.

There is a backlog of games I still have to go through.

I actually just bought one. With games being so cheap I really see no reason to move on to the next generation yet (aside from the Wii).

I am currently playing Chronicles of Riddick and man is it a good game.

I picked up about 15 games during the B2G1 for a total of about $100. Now I am just going to take my time playing through them.

After I am done with Riddick I think I will move on to either Armed and Dangerous or Shenmue II

The Ones I picked up were

Knights of The Old Republic I and II
Shenmue II
Scrapland
Riddick
Armed and Dangerous
Ninja Gaiden
Mechassault 2
Morrowind
Syberia
Dreamfall
Spikeout
Still Life
Shattered Union

I know I still want to pick up The Thing, Indigo Prophecy and Broken Sword The Sleeping Dragon. There are probably more but those 3 I can think of off the top of my head.

Also the more I play the original xbox, the more I think that the jump to the next generation came to quickly. Riddick still looks really really nice.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to our big TV downstairs, and my original Xbox hooked up to a TV in my room, so I still play my original Xbox quite a bit...[/QUOTE]

Likewise on that.

One game that may have slipped under the radar, but should be a *must have* is "Spartan: Total Warrior" ...On the normal/easy setting it's a decent 10 hourish length, added on to the fact of really fun and interesting gameplay, with an awesome fight 'til you die arena multiplayer aspect! It is becoming harder and harder to find now, and I suggest you pick it up before they begin to dissapear from the shelves. All in all, great game.

[quote name='Number83']Sid Meier's Pirates...It's just a fun game![/QUOTE]

...Could not be more honest. Made even better with the fact that it will run on a 360!

I finally got around to starting GTA: San Andreas about 2 weeks ago and I've been hammering away at it when I've got free time. I know I'm about 3 years late with this observation, but it's freakin' awesome.

I also have Painkiller and Fatal Frame II to play through...and then maybe I'll upgrade to a 360.

[quote name='Mechafenris']So how is MK:Shaolin monks? I saw it a few times at the store, but I never committed to buying it. ;)

I love Hulk: UD too... that's how games with the hulk SHOULD be done. :)[/quote]
Shaolin Monks is totally awesome if you have a friend to play through it with. It's a wonderfully-deep yet arcadey brawler - my favorite kind. It also has a versus mode, which is pretty damn fun on levels with multiple tiers. And once you beat it, you can play through the game with Scorpion and Sub-Zero! KICK ASS!

And yeah dude, Hulk is one of the best action games I've ever played. The movelist and charging system for the attacks, holy crap!

And bmachine, you couldn't be more right. I've got something like 100 hours collectively on my save...

I use mine primarily for XBMC functionality these days, but I still need to play/beat Crimson Skies, Shenmue 2, and Burnout 3 and Revenge

Only recent use mine has got is from Deus Ex: Invisible War.

I still like to play that through every now and again, but there's not much else.

I recently started buying Xbox games again after they had a good sale on campus where I picked up Psychonauts, Hulk: UD, Mercenaries (sealed!), and Otogi. Since then I've bought Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, Syberia, and Metal Arms: GITS. Right now my goal is to stock up on a few more to complete my collection and then I'll sell my console. My 360 takes up most of my time though.

Mainly, I've been an observer recently when I go up my one buddies house to play a game. Sure, I'll usually bring a multi player title to play through, but he always wants to know what other games I brought with me.

Recent games I've goofed around in though include:

The Guy Game(nothing says great game more than repeating the same questions through replays in the exact same order, makes it so easy to get the 'goodies')

San Andreas(though I've just mainly been popping it in to cause havoc and mayhem)

A couple others that slip my mind at this point....

But , I will tell all my fellow CAGs that if you haven't picked it up yet and can find it @ Kmart, GET PSYCHONAUTS FOR XBOX!!! It's a fun, trippy and really GREAT game.

I picked up the three Prince of Persia games during the B2G1 at EB/GS in May. Since then, I've only got around to playing / beating Sands of Time. I enjoyed it, but I'm really looking forward to sitting down with the more action-oriented sequels.

I also have Indigo Prophecy and Phantom Dust still sitting around waiting to be played... :bomb:

I have been playing Qunatum Redshift, MLB Slugfest 2003 and Midway Arcade Treasures 3 a lot. I'll be starting MGS 2 Substance and Tony Hawk's Underground soon as I always play through those 2 games every summer

Since my 360 is being repaired I decided to play the original xbox. Right now I am playing Doom3. Now I know why I stopped playing this game. Its scaring the shit outta me.

Man the last save was 5-13-2005. Ah memories........

Hulk: UD is easily the best super hero game ever made.

But these days I've also been playing other super hero games. Justice League Heroes is kind of blah. I recently finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance which was good. I finished X-Men Legends 1 which was okay. XML2 looks much better.

Sid Meier's Pirates! is a classic, classic game.

I recently started Gladius, which is a strategy RPG/tactics kind of game. It's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to delving into it.

I've been hoping to pick up Crimson Skies brand new for $5 but I can wait. I got the demo in my XBLive kit a while ago and thought it was pretty fun.

I've been playing Stubbs The Zombie on my 360. I know.. I'm not playing it on the regular xbox. But Stubbs is GREAT! BraaiIIns......:drool: :)lol:)

Right now, I'm playing through Scarface and loving every second of it. I finally picked it up thanks to the Blockbuster buy one get one sale, but wanna go back and grab Pirates from my local BB. I just wish they had a copy of the game Freedom Fighters for Xbox or PS2 on the shelf at that store, since that's the other one I want. It's only like $10 now.

I had it once, but got rid of it, since I wasn't into the strategic shooters back then, but I've since found myself very into the Rainbow Six series and want to try this again.

Since I got a 360, I only use my xbox to play non bc games. Ive been playing thru Riddick, and I finally found Kung Fu Chaos mint on the store a couple weeks ago, so Ive been playing that as well.

I have mostly been playing Halo 2 cause I am in a series of local tournaments so I need to practice but my backlog is really building.

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Shenmue 2
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Ghost Recon 2
Burnout Revenge
The Chronicles of Riddick
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Gladius
Splinter Cell Double Agent
All 3 Prince of Persias.
Psi Ops Mindgate Conspiracy

That is JUST ON XBOX! That doesn't include all the PC games I have backlogged so I really need to get working on those games.

Now that the system is only $80, I picked up 3 more systems. The 4 screen system link is really fun.

My Xboxs are getting more play than the 360.

My buddies and I are working thru all Ghost Recons and Rainbow Six games. I picked up four copies of ever version with the B2G2. We have had all 16 in the room working together in the co-op modes.

Most people prefer the co-op games because the good players don't get to pick on the crappy players. It's all team work.

System Link Serious Sam (1 &2) and OutRun are intense Arcade style action. There is nothing like rolling in with three buds unloading rocket launchers at the same time or everyone in the same room drifting into the final corner of a race in OutRun.

Until I can afford 3 more 360s and four versions of each game, the original Xbox will continue to rule Friday nights.

$80? Where is it $80? And.....I just nabbed 2 more games from the BOGO from BB last night. I found a near complete Sid Meier's Pirates and originally, I bought Armed & Dangerous with that. I tried getting the girl to scan the cheaper game first, to see if there IS a glitch like someone reported on, with the second game ALWAYS being 'free', but no go.

So, I eventually ended up swapping out the A&D for a copy of True Crime, Streets Of LA, which I also don't like, so I may swap it out at ANOTHER BB for a copy of Freedom Fighters and pay the difference(FF's is $9.99).

Either way, I'm super happy with this sale thus far, as it's increased my ever expanding Xbox backlog.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Right now, I'm playing through Scarface and loving every second of it. I finally picked it up thanks to the Blockbuster buy one get one sale, but wanna go back and grab Pirates from my local BB. I just wish they had a copy of the game Freedom Fighters for Xbox or PS2 on the shelf at that store, since that's the other one I want. It's only like $10 now.

I had it once, but got rid of it, since I wasn't into the strategic shooters back then, but I've since found myself very into the Rainbow Six series and want to try this again.[/quote]
some people didnt like scarface, i am at leval 4 respect, spent a whole day selling drugs in the game, havent got bored yet, freedom fighters is a great game

Yeah and at $9.99 @ Blockbuster now, it's a hell of a deal. Plus, I'm now looking for a copy of the manual for Sid Meier's Pirates, since no one has the friggin thing anymore. I shouldn't have hesitated during CC's LAST July 4th sale(last year) and just grabbed it for $9.

But, in typical procrastinator fashion, I waited and waited(even let the game 'drop' between the side walls of the $9 game bin to try and 'stash it) and when I FINALLY went to pick it up, LONG GONE!!

I still have to test out Silent Scope Complete before the end of the 30 day guarantee too, to make sure it works.

Oh and the only thing I'm annoyed by in Scarface thus far is the fact that almost every interaction involved those damned button pressing/holding 'scales'. I think I lost about 50g's of coke the one time when I didn't fast talk a cop.

Other than that, I'm loving it....well except the last mission in Little Havana(storehouse).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah and at $9.99 @ Blockbuster now, it's a hell of a deal. Plus, I'm now looking for a copy of the manual for Sid Meier's Pirates, since no one has the friggin thing anymore. I shouldn't have hesitated during CC's LAST July 4th sale(last year) and just grabbed it for $9.
[/quote]

For REAL! I am really, really disappointed in this year's July clearance. I wouldn't mind getting Pirates! for $9 right about now, along with some other games that would fit nicely into an $8.96 clearance this year if they had one....Namely, Scarface, Godfather, Just Cause, Destroy All Humans 2....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah and at $9.99 @ Blockbuster now, it's a hell of a deal. Plus, I'm now looking for a copy of the manual for Sid Meier's Pirates, since no one has the friggin thing anymore. I shouldn't have hesitated during CC's LAST July 4th sale(last year) and just grabbed it for $9.

But, in typical procrastinator fashion, I waited and waited(even let the game 'drop' between the side walls of the $9 game bin to try and 'stash it) and when I FINALLY went to pick it up, LONG GONE!!

I still have to test out Silent Scope Complete before the end of the 30 day guarantee too, to make sure it works.

Oh and the only thing I'm annoyed by in Scarface thus far is the fact that almost every interaction involved those damned button pressing/holding 'scales'. I think I lost about 50g's of coke the one time when I didn't fast talk a cop.

Other than that, I'm loving it....well except the last mission in Little Havana(storehouse).[/quote]wait till you buy babylon club talk about a bitch

LOL Camelking, I got past the Havana storehouse and I'm now on the Babylon club mission and what a pita it is. I got the VIP to the back door with just a SLIVER of health left and instead of walking into the checkpoint after I cleared all the enemies, the dummy just stood there and got killed or lagged behind and got killed by shots from behind(which I had already cleared).

So yeah, I was NOT a happy gamer....to say the least. Plus, I played Sid Meier's Pirates last night for like 2-3 hours and kept looking for a save point in the menus or various ports and no luck, so I thought 'well maybe it's an auto save game'. So, I quit out and go back to load my saved game, no saved game.

It REALLY would've helped if the game came with the instruction booklet, since I was going apeshit looking for that save function.

I may try replaying it tonight, though I had several really tough battles to get to where I was and I don't feel like repeating those, namely because the ships move like snails. But, I do get a kick out of the fact you have to steer the ship around till you find the wind, like a real sailing ship, unlike Pirates: The Legend Of Black Kat, which had a 'wind boost' button.

However, it makes the game(SM Pirates) tedious for the ship to ship battles. But, I do like the swordplay mini game when you board an enemy vessel, minus the annoying timed button pressing mini game before.

I may end up returning my nearly complete, nearly mint copy of Pirates to Blockbuster before the 30 day guarantee is up and just say it doesn't work, then grab Outrun 2006 or Freedom Fighters, which I won't be so frustrated by.

BTW camelking, what's the most $$ you got from taking over a gang territory in Scarface before? Last night, I ended up getting around $450,000 from the one alone.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
A couple others that slip my mind at this point....

But , I will tell all my fellow CAGs that if you haven't picked it up yet and can find it @ Kmart, GET PSYCHONAUTS FOR XBOX!!! It's a fun, trippy and really GREAT game.[/quote]

I agree...it is great, hell for $20 its worth it

Have you reached the milkman conspiracy?One of my all-time favorite levels in all of gaming..

I just played through Simpsons: hit and run (which is a personal favorite and I think any fan of the series should check it out) and I'm about to start on Fable: TLC and continue my file on PGR2

I have a huge backlog of Xbox games, with Final Fantasy XII and III (PS2 and DS respectively) taking up my game time, it'll probably grow before it gets smaller. >_<

The last time I played my Xbox I was playing Psychonauts, collecting doodads and whatchamacallits. AWESOME GAME. A little too much collecting though.

Anyway, with so many games of mine left unplayed/unfinished, it'll be literally years before I need to make the jump to the next gen to get my gaming fix.

i think the most i got was about 200,000. i tried a trick last night for fun, i sold drugs to dealers then beat the hell out of them, get drugs and money back, worked about 4 times

i have to agree i made the jump to 360 about 8 months ago, is collecting dust, i love ps2 and xbox for now

btw the outrun 2006 gamme is great i loved it, inbetween scarface i play a game of mlb 2k6

[quote name='Foo228']I agree...it is great, hell for $20 its worth it

Have you reached the milkman conspiracy?One of my all-time favorite levels in all of gaming..
[/quote]

I have, though with how much I was going away(both on a 'WAYYY early Xmas shopping trip' with a friend in June) and to the auto auctions I usually hit on a weekly basis, I haven't been playing Psychonauts lately.

Mind you, I was just seeing how high I could get Raz to bounce on his levitation ball before gliding down to higher ledges I hadn't reached before.

I found alot of Psitanium that way and unfortunately ran into a couple psychic bears at the same time, they had me running for my psychic life.

Right now though, I've been playing Scarface or one of the other GTA clones I have for Xbox and getting quite addicted, since I can usually pull off head shots on most gang members in an area without breaking a sweat anymore.

I DO want to complete Psychonauts though, since I truly loved that game when I was playing it every night and want to see how it ends.

See, for some odd reason, camelking, my less than 2 year old Xbox doesn't like Just Cause, though I was seriously liking it from what I played. I probably played about 2-3 hours in a row with little to no break and just did mainly stunts at the time.

The gliding behind cars in the air via parasail or whatever was fun, but not nearly as much fun as the jumping from car to car. That was one thing I kept hoping the next GTA or GTA clone would copy from JC, but they never did. :whistle2:X

bread's done
Back