* * * * * 1 votes

Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

#2161 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

How is Lunar Dragon Song? Was thinking of picking it up.

I got Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ (A unrated fun game), Looney Tunes Duck Amuck (Cause the show was funny), Little League Baseball Double Play ??? ( Wasnt sure about this, but $.99) , Mr Driller (Some kind of puzzle game), Miami Law, and Astro Boy Ds (not sure if the Ds is better then the Wii or not)

Unless you get it for free, forget it. It's the worst game in the series due to a number of mind-boggling design decisions, including HP loss while running.

http://www.metacriti...nar-dragon-song

I can recommend the Lunar remake on the PSP, though! It's very good.

#2162 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

Couldn't tell ya, traded it in short order to the local shop for 18$ a couple days after I picked it up.

Wow. They gave u $18? What place is this

#2163 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

Unless you get it for free, forget it. It's the worst game in the series due to a number of mind-boggling design decisions, including HP loss while running.

http://www.metacriti...nar-dragon-song

I can recommend the Lunar remake on the PSP, though! It's very good.

Thanks! For some reason I think I was thinking of Astro Boy for GBA. Not sure about the DS.

#2164 UnderFire  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:51 AM

Wow. They gave u $18? What place is this

Just a local game shop, for some reason their trade in is oddly high on DS stuff, like 15$ for Call of duty MW2 and 13$ for some Petz game.

#2165 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:48 PM

Thanks! For some reason I think I was thinking of Astro Boy for GBA. Not sure about the DS.

He was talking about the Lunar Dragon Song.  Its a wretched, awful game.  I remember buying it when it came out and I was horrified at how awful it was.  

#2166 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

He was talking about the Lunar Dragon Song.  Its a wretched, awful game.  I remember buying it when it came out and I was horrified at how awful it was.  

I know. Anyone know how to spot a fake ds Cart? Look online, but doesnt say. Got Teenage Zombies for the DS and the label is dark and shiny.

#2167 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1985 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:52 AM

pawn.png

For $20.  Not bad.  Looks like Wii prices are finally dropping around here.

#2168 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

I was gonna post this in the Thrift thread but since the Pawn Shop thread got bumped Ill post it here. Went to a Pawn Shop after striking out at yard sales because I thought it was their Flea Market weekend (that was last week).

Saw a row of 12 Xbox 360 sports games, some Xbox/PS2/PS3 misc games, a PSP with charger and a stack of 12 UMDs and about 5 games, a black DS Lite with Dave Mirra BMX for GBA, an OG Xbox with cables, DVD remote/sensor, and 2 S controllers....and for some reason a Wii sensor bar in the glass cases. I saw a PS1 and all sorts of misc cables and controllers on the floor and in some drawers behind the cases. I only asked about prices on the Xbox and DS Lite and what I got below, $50 and $40. I ended up with this for $30 since the guy kept suggesting thats what he paid for it but it had been sitting there for a couple months and GS wouldnt give him anything for it.

Blue GBASP, charger, Sonic Advance 2, Froggers Adventure, Madden 2002, The Simpsons Tree House Of Horror Night Of The Living, 102 Dalmatians, The Smurfs, DK Land 3, Bart Simpsons Escape From Camp Deadly, and Frogger. Everything works great so far, GBA has some slight scuffs on the sides of the face I guess from the screen rubbing on it.

20161023_170342_zpsfvbqac4z.jpg