GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This is insane. Why B2G1 free on all E-rated games? Seems random, unless Gamecrazy are trying not to appear to be so kiddy? =p[/quote]

It's under the heading "Free Kids Game". Pictured is Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart DD, Paper Mario, Pokemon Colisseum, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Mario Sunshine, KND (Kids Next Door) Operation VIDEOGAME, Kingdom Hearts 2, Lego Star Wars 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Shrek 2, Amped and Finding Nemo.

ok, so what i'm understanding is.....

if i trade in chromehounds which = $12 trade in, i'll instead get $24 for the trade?

and i dont need a coupon or anything for this?

[quote name='subieracer']ok, so what i'm understanding is.....
if i trade in chromehounds which = $12 trade in, i'll instead get $24 for the trade?[/QUOTE]
No. 50% more would would be $18.

[quote name='subieracer']ok, so what i'm understanding is.....

if i trade in chromehounds which = $12 trade in, i'll instead get $24 for the trade?

and i dont need a coupon or anything for this?[/quote]

No you'd get $18......half of $12 is $6 and 12+6=18.

man, i just called my local GC and they dont know anything about the extra 50% trade thing. so, how do i get them to give me the extra trade credit?

[quote name='subieracer']man, i just called my local GC and they dont know anything about the extra 50% trade thing. so, how do i get them to give me the extra trade credit?[/QUOTE]

maybe wait til the deal starts? just a thought...

[quote name='Scorch']These flyers arrived today at the store, I think

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).
[/QUOTE]

Do you have the current trade quotes for Tony Hawk? (PS3 and Wii?)

Whoops, never mind, just read the Wiki, I'm new to Gamecrazy. Looks like Wii version gets 28, and PS3 gets 35, so with an extra 50%, and assuming the prices hold next week, that'd be $42 (Wii) and $52.50!!! (PS3)

[quote name='subieracer']man, i just called my local GC and they dont know anything about the extra 50% trade thing. so, how do i get them to give me the extra trade credit?[/quote]

"These deals are upcoming and are NOT currently active."

Hang tight; I suspect we'll all know the exact date before it happens.

[quote name='subieracer']man, i just called my local GC and they dont know anything about the extra 50% trade thing. so, how do i get them to give me the extra trade credit?[/QUOTE]

As Scorch said in the VERY beginning of his post:
[quote name='Scorch']
These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday. These deals have no start date, i'll post if I find them out. These deals are upcoming and are NOT currently active.
[/quote]

So we don't know when they even start - once they start, THEN you can try to "get them to give" you the extra credit ;).

Edit - D'oh, looks like we all pounced on this one at once :lol:

I have no idea what 2 games I would use to trade. I have one PSP game that gets $9 normally... Maybe I can use this to get rid of some Blockbuster credit, but that might be tough...

I wish the wiki was more comprehensive. With so many DS games out and prices dropping on them, it might be nice to unload some older/extra DS games if trade-in values are still relatively high. Especially if my $7 Target Gunpey would actually trade for $16.50 after the promotion.
If I get a chance I'll call this weekend for a few values to update with.

OT kinda

I went into GC today and found a pristine mint copy of fuck. It came in box with pristine manual. $1.05 with tax. I couldn't resist.

Ha I had to write F U C K for the fuck logo to display!

The B2G1F XB and B2G1F used "rated E" games are used only, that should go without saying much.

It's also very refreshing to see how many people in this thread can't do math and can't read.

I don't have trade-in values on me. From memory, Tony Hawk on PS3 was getting 30, Downhill Jam gets 25.43 (which equals 28 even with MVP).. regarding COD2, it's a YMMV thing. If your store has three or less copies, probably around 8 or 9 bucks.. but if your store's anything like mine, they're sitting on 7 or 8 copies and are giving about 3 bucks per.

Again, allow me to reiterate:

THESE DEALS ARE NOT ACTIVE. THERE HAVE BEEN NO NOTICES SENT. THERE HAVE BEEN NO BARCODES SENT. The majority of workers DO NOT know about this deal. I found out from the flyer that came to the store today. I will post if/when I learn more about these deals.

Thanks for the info; can't wait to unload some used games. I've never been to gamecrazy. Can you trade in 2 games then return to do it again? I hope the trade-in value is a little better than EB. Don't expect much value in Smackdown vs raw 2007, or Test drive unlimited. I'm debating getting rid of FEAR and maybe lost planet.

How long is this sale good for? I want to get The Darkness when it ships amd a 50% trade in sounds nice, but that is more than a week for me, will it be good to the end of June?

Thanks

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How long is this sale good for?[/quote]

Read the first post. There's not even a start date yet.

[quote name='Scorch']Read the first post. There's not even a start date yet.[/quote]My bad, I am half dead already so my mind is a little shotty, lol. Either way can't wait for this sale.

[quote name='kobeisgod']I hope the trade-in value is a little better than EB. [/QUOTE]

Generally they are more than a little better than EB/GS normally - add in the extra 50% and they will blow EB/GS out of the water...

Trade value at GameCrazy is far better than EBstop.

For example, according to EB/GS's site, Marvel: UA trades in at $20 for the Gold edition. At GameCrazy, I traded in the regular edition a couple weeks ago for $33.

Anyone know how much NFS: Carbon (360) gets on trade-in? I know the wiki says $33 but that was 5 months ago and I doubt it is still that high. I've been waiting to unload a couple games that I dont play anymore.

Gamecrazy is moronic in it's promotions. B2G1!! But only E rated games!

Or B2G1!! Only on games we choose to price a dollar less than $20!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']OT kinda

I went into GC today and found a pristine mint copy of fuck. It came in box with pristine manual. $1.05 with tax. I couldn't resist.

Ha I had to write F U C K for the fuck logo to display![/QUOTE]
I spent that much to get it a few years ago.

I wasted my $1.05. :cry:

wow in the case of the 50% more trade in, i wonder what forza 2 would be?! anybody have any ideas?(its not listed on the anciently updated gamecrazy wiki)

So when does this %50 more trade in start? And can I just trade 1 game in and get the %50 bonus? And did they drop trade in prices for this so I still get crap for trade in?:drool:

[quote name='SoNiC1023']So when does this %50 more trade in start?[/quote]
:wall::wall: I'm just going to stop posting these deals if you people can't be bothered to read.

Since Forza 2 is relatively new, it'll probably trade in for $30.. $30 + 15 = $45. I'll see if I can find out more info on this promotion tomorrow.

And can I just trade 1 game in and get the %50 bonus?

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

[quote name='Scorch']:wall::wall: I'm just going to stop posting these deals if you people can't be bothered to read.
.[/QUOTE]

No way! Don't let 'em ruin it for the rest of us! :lol:

Scorch will be the first person to know on this, folks. They get info every morning.

Hey Guyz When Does The Xtra Trade In Start!? Can I Like Jus Bring In One Game N Get The Extra 50%!????

Read the fucking OP, morons.

Just called two GameCrazy's in the Seattle area and both confirmed that the extra 50% trade-in deal starts TOMORROW. I was given the following details that confirm the OP:

- Trade must include two games
- Games are only eligble if they are "4th Gen" (their words). This is defined as: Wii, PS3, XBOX 360 and Nintendo DS.

So it looks like for PS2 this deal won't help, but with DS especially this could work out very well for some.

I just got off the phone with my local Gamecrazy (Buffalo) and they said that the deal is in place and running right now. And um also that MK Armageddon for Wii trades in at 25 bucks before MVP. So I can get 37.50 for it. 12.50 shy of Big Brain Academy or something else.

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']I just got off the phone with my local Gamecrazy (Buffalo) and they said that the deal is in place and running right now. And um also that MK Armageddon for Wii trades in at 25 bucks before MVP. So I can get 37.50 for it. 12.50 shy of Big Brain Academy or something else.[/quote]

Gotta have two games.

And those that say the deal is on now.. do the stores have a barcode or what's up.. because nothing printed out for me this morning.

bread's done
Back