FREE PS3 with purchase of $2k TV +1 PS3 sony game +1 Blu Ray @ Best Buy

muzras

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Sorry if this has been posted before. I could not find a thread on this. Just wanted to give back little cuz you dudes help me save sooooo much $.

It is on the front page of the Sunday BB AD. Just walked out of the Signal Hill/Long Beach, California Best Buy

I believe you have to buy motorstorm or the MLB baseball game.

This is a pretty good deal I think. The best buy dude told me 16 people took this offer today. It just started today and is going on for a week.

This is in the Best Buys in Southern California.
Anyone know Is this deal available nation wide?

The crazy thing I kept asking is that do you have to buy a sony brand TV, he said no. I wonder how sony or BB can do this if someone does not take a sony TV.

And I am not sure if the TV price has to be $2k after coupons and discounts or if you can combine this with other offers because you are getting a free PS3, I forgot to ask.

Now I heard earlier about someone who bought a Bravia and was offered a PS3 for 200 dollars, I didn't get the specifics but he said it was a Best Buy deal as well.

This deal that you are describing sounds really awesome, the only shame being that it is being offered now instead of in a month or two when we get a few more titles to choose from. I mean I could see it as a worthwhile deal for both parties as BB is trying to get rid of PS3's/sell people expensive televisions. This would be a great opportunity to get a solid HDTV with that kind of incentive.

So does it have to be strictly that model Sony hdtv or can you get something bigger than 40 inch? I'd be interested if it applied to a 50+ inch Bravia.

[quote name='LightningZero5']So does it have to be strictly that model Sony hdtv or can you get something bigger than 40 inch? I'd be interested if it applied to a 50+ inch Bravia.[/quote]

Only two packages offered. One is with a smaller Sony set and the other a larger.

If I had 2k for a new TV I would definately buy this. My father has the 40" Bravia that is in the ad, it's a great tv and he paid $2,050 just for the tv. So a free PS3, videogame, and movie is a heck of a deal.

I have the the tv & is has really great picture quality...I got mine for $1600 in December...Usually cost about $2400...Goes well with the PS3...This is great bargain...

They have SO many PS3's in stock company wide they got with Sony to get rid of them. And besides do you think the prices of the TV really costs BB that much? They really arent losing money here at all.

It's called marketing, and when you see something in a bundle there is ALWAYS a reason (overstock, and poor selling items)

I work PT (one day a week) at BB and there have been at least 60-100 Ps3's in stock since April.

I bought this set yesterday and it is definetly a good deal.

The TV is amazing. Dont trust th colors or anything of it when you see it in stores. I was kinda reluctant at first because there were squares popping up everywhere, but at home, this set had no problems at all.

The colors and everything on the PS3/blu-ray looks exceptionally sharp.

Had no problems with buying this and as my first HDTV set I own....it is awesome.

If I had felt the need for a bigger and 1080p TV, I might have considered returning mine for this deal. Good deal if you're in the market for both items, though. Just don't fall in the trap of spending $1800 that you didn't need to to save $600.

[quote name='CyberTrick']IMO i don't think it's a good deal, when you decide to spend that type of $$$ it's wise to look around the net. that model can be found online and certain retailers for about $1429-1600$. http://www.pcworld.com/product/pricing/prtprdid,25949446-sortby,price/pricing.html

this "special sale" w/ a PS3 that BB is running is not really that great when you take a closer look at it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- esp. since the TV is basically having an MSRP price drop. A quick look online shows that retailers are selling it for that range, which, if you factor in the need to buy from only those two games (which are great titles but not for everyone), and the tax -- well, you kinda do end up paying for the PS3, games and movie.

I told my cousin about this deal a couple days ago since he's getting an HDTV anyway. He's ten years old but a little smarter then most ten year olds and he's begging his bro and dad to get that because he wants the PS3...lol

As long as the TV goes for $1700 or more, It's a deal. (Sorry muzras, I've seen topics like this before and the prices of the HDTVs were jacked up to cover the PS3)

[quote name='nikelecious91']I told my cousin about this deal a couple days ago since he's getting an HDTV anyway. He's ten years old but a little smarter then most ten year olds and he's begging his bro and dad to get that because he wants the PS3...lol[/QUOTE]
great another one. you should meet help1

[quote name='CyberTrick']IMO i don't think it's a good deal, when you decide to spend that type of $$$ it's wise to look around the net. that model can be found online and certain retailers for about $1429-1600$. http://www.pcworld.com/product/pricing/prtprdid,25949446-sortby,price/pricing.html

this "special sale" w/ a PS3 that BB is running is not really that great when you take a closer look at it.[/quote]

Also remember that you have to take into account the shipping charges (about a hundred or more), the time spent getting it from one place to another, the reputation of the online place you are buying it from, and the transportation risk involved.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the way I see it the ~50-200 dollars you save with going that route will increase the risk of something going wrong. I'm not a huge Best Buy fan but the most expensive thing I ever ordered online was my monitor for, like, a couple hundred. Speaking for myself I would be very nervous shipping an HDTV I spent around two grand on.

God I so wish this deal was being offered in like a month... does anyone at Best Buy hear rumors about this thing being extended for a little while? I have the money but I am going to be moving soon and it would just be too much trouble to get a new television right now.

[quote name='Ace-Of-War']Also remember that you have to take into account the shipping charges (about a hundred or more), the time spent getting it from one place to another, the reputation of the online place you are buying it from, and the transportation risk involved.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the way I see it the ~50-200 dollars you save with going that route will increase the risk of something going wrong. I'm not a huge Best Buy fan but the most expensive thing I ever ordered online was my monitor for, like, a couple hundred. Speaking for myself I would be very nervous shipping an HDTV I spent around two grand on.

God I so wish this deal was being offered in like a month... does anyone at Best Buy hear rumors about this thing being extended for a little while? I have the money but I am going to be moving soon and it would just be too much trouble to get a new television right now.[/QUOTE]

Also, if they are not an authorized Sony seller you most likely won't get your manufacturer warranty.

[quote name='Ace-Of-War']Also remember that you have to take into account the shipping charges (about a hundred or more), the time spent getting it from one place to another, the reputation of the online place you are buying it from, and the transportation risk involved.

God I so wish this deal was being offered in like a month... does anyone at Best Buy hear rumors about this thing being extended for a little while? I have the money but I am going to be moving soon and it would just be too much trouble to get a new television right now.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com is awesome if you order tvs from them. They have white glove shipping where they bring it in your house and unpack it for you. I didn't think on-line would be the way to go but it was great. No tax and free shipping from Amazon plus the tvs are a couple hundred dollars cheaper. The 60" sony in the best buy ad is only $400 cheaper on Amazon, but if you don't want a PS3 thats the way to go. Also, I've found other places that are reputable with no tax and shipping that have the 60" tv for $500 less(onecall.com).

If your in the market for a new TV this deal is good, a HD DVD player for free is great for free. O yea and it plays games too! None that you've ever heard of, but maybe one day it will be worth owning this thing to play games, just not yet.

I'm buying my TV from Costco or Wal-mart, probably a Vizio, I'm a grad student and the government probably wouldn't want to know their money is going towards a HD TV.

I did not know they did that:bomb:

[quote name='Slate']As long as the TV goes for $1700 or more, It's a deal. (Sorry muzras, I've seen topics like this before and the prices of the HDTVs were jacked up to cover the PS3)[/quote]

Last week CC was running a promotion for Sony KDL40V2500, PS3, MLB 07, and an extra remote for 2299.99, 2414.99/w tax. Today I PMed the Best Buy price and got the package for 2099.99, 2204.99/w tax. Not much of a deal over the BB price, but its good to know that its possible to price match, though YMMV because they almost didn't let me due to the fact its a promotion, even if they're so similar.

[quote name='muzras']I did not know they did that:bomb:[/quote]

I'm not saying that they are doing it here, But make sure that the TV goes for at least $1700 before you buy it.

[quote name='Poolking99']

I'm buying my TV from Costco or Wal-mart, probably a Vizio, I'm a grad student and the government probably wouldn't want to know their money is going towards a HD TV.[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh, you sound like my best friend. He gets tuition covered for being a TA and spends all of his loan money on gadgets and trips.

Both those TVs suck major ass. I would never recommend a rear projection for HDTV. And think about how much BB has bought those TVs from Sony. Movie selection and game selection suck ass as well IMO.

[quote name='vasco']Both those TVs suck major ass. I would never recommend a rear projection for HDTV. And think about how much BB has bought those TVs from Sony. Movie selection and game selection suck ass as well IMO.[/quote]
The smaller one isn't a rear projection.

What does what Best Buy paid Sony for hundreds or thousands of HDTVs have to do with what a regular consumer pays? Oh right, you're saying we should buy directly from the manufacturer and pay a little over cost. Let me know how that works out for you.

Can't argue about the selection, though.

bread's done
Back